Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lilywhites

Packie banner-
    He was quite sound we asked him for a pic and he came over straight away smiled and posed.:pac:

Stephen Hunt-
    At Ireland game he was one of the only players that would come over and made time for a pic and an autograph tried to get around as many as possible too.

Ian Rush-
    Very friendly full of chat and has time for people

Alan Kennedy and Ian Callaghan-
    Same as the above
    Ian Callaghan seemed in bit of hurry to go to the game but he was a guest for one the Tv stations.Kennedy was more patient with his fans

Lucy Kennedy-
    She seemed quite friendly and bubbly

Steve Staunton-
    Ignorant pig hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 studioguest

I met Ron Jeremy once and he was sound..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Have to say though that I've seen Peter Stringer out and about plenty of times and the man just has the patience of a saint. Surrounded by people constantly asking for pictures and autographs and never seems to mind.

I totally agree about Peter Stringer. Never refused a picture or an autograph anytime i seen him in the airport, spoke to him once or twice and was an absolute gent. I nearly had to stop him travelling to the states with his missus and even then he didnt give out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Melion wrote: »
    I totally agree about Peter Stringer. Never refused a picture or an autograph anytime i seen him in the airport, spoke to him once or twice and was an absolute gent. I nearly had to stop him travelling to the states with his missus and even then he didnt give out.

My first thought when I read ur post was this guy :o

89464815.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 muggins2003

lead singer from REM - wouldn't giuve an autograph and made me feel like a dope asking for one! i waas only 15 and i still remember it and cringe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Bobby Charlton easily the rudest celeb I have met.

:(

Can i ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Said ronan o gara a few pages back, i checked him into a hotel and he wouldn't talk, the owner of the hotel spoke to him and he ignored him too.

O'Gara seems to be almost famous for being a bit of a knob. Have heard countless stories of him acting like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Rufus Wainwright-so arrogant and up himself.saw him in the smoking area of the pub I was in,went over and said "Sorry,excuse me,are you Rufus Wainwright?I love your music",he looks me up and down with a big sneer on his face and goes "Thanks" and turns away and walks off.Turned me right off his music after that

Ana Matronic (the lady from Scissor Sisters)-lovely!have met her twice after gigs on nights out,so friendly and chatty,no problem posing for a quick photo and she even had a bit of a dance with the group I was with

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭therealme

Ronan O Gara??? I met him & he was soooooo nice. A real gent. Am shocked at the posts about him.

Edge & his wife are lovely, as are Brian O Driscoll, Brent Pope, Eamon Dunphy & Neil Delamere.

Ray Darcy, was at my work years ago & was a real ass! Caroline Moynihan? is Z list but head very far up her butt!! Dolores O Reardon is a headcase!

Have met them all through work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JordanRHughes

Twink

:eek:

• Advertisement

sim2 wrote: »
    Ronan Keating..very in love with a guy called Ronan Keating!!!

now now, keep it in house yvonne! :p

carmel27 wrote: »
    Oh, Id totally believe that about Ms. Roche. When she was on that celebrity banisteoir thing, a girl I know was in the local pub with a group of her friends. Andrea was there, but seemed to be lurking around on her own. Feeling sorry for her, the girls approached her and tried to chat to her and make her feel welcome. They were sorry they bothered though! Apparently, she was just plain rude, and made it very clear that she didnt want or need their company! I guess when you're so high and mighty, you dont need company of poor little local ppl who arent famous!

far from 'celebrity' she was reared i believe. typical clonmellian woman, they get nosebleeds even the thoughts of communicating with anyone outside their precious sh*t hole of a town

Osu wrote: »
    Paul McShane, if he even counts, what a c*nt. Refused to sign an autograph for a bunch of kids at a meet and greet for some lame excuse.

he probably seen a match he played in just before that on tv and didnt feel worthy of signing an autograph after a typical Mcshane performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭AlmostFamous

I met Padrig Harrington once and found him very grumpy but he wasn't really rude.

Lee Westwood (golfer) was very friendly when I met him.
    Jerry Flannery I've seen him so many times and he is always very polite and friendly.
    Willie O' Dea was also very friendly both times I met him but I wouldn't regard him as a celebrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Don Baker - if you can call him a celebrity. Clayton Blackmore was unpleasant also, but I could excuse him as a non-celeb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Has Twink and the Devil ever been seen at the same place at the same time. Now come on its got to be a possibility:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Not rude, but nice.

Years ago I was in the old Dun Laoghaire market. I saw someone I thought I knew with his two young daughters, but stopped myself because I couldn't remember his name. I was about to say 'hi' when he just nodded to me and smiled.

It was the Edge.

I wouldn't care but it happened to me subsequently with both Brian Cowan and Pat Kenny. You see these guys on the TV everyday and when you actually run into them on the street in real life a weird neurological reaction happens where you think you've met them somewhere else and feel a polite urge to acknowledge their presence.

Funnily enough I ran in to a rather p*ssed up ex-leader of the Irish Green party at a private function recently and he insisted he knew me from somewhere. I never met him before in my life, but the whole encounter played out like the "Fr. Todd Uncious" sketch from Father Ted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Robert Arkins aka Jimmy rabbit out of the commitments comes into my workplace the whole time and he's a miserable,obnoxious cnunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

gay byrne ignorant little bollix :mad:
    niall tobin narky little bollix :mad:
    austin mc hale (rally driver) ignorant as **** :mad:
    garret fitzgerald just plain crazy :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 grainnek

Pierce Brosnan

My friend got married in the four seasons a few years back and he was in the ice bar.She went up to him to see if she could get a photo with him and he shoo'd her away....apparently he came into the dining room after to apologies but the speaches where on so he left...not sure how true that is thou

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

** :mad:
    garret fitzgerald just plain crazy :confused:

More info?

...and Gaybo has a well estabished reputation for being unfriendly.

More info?

...and Gaybo has a well estabished reputation for being unfriendly.

working as a motorcycle courier many years ago i had the misfortune of having to collect medicine for his wife who was ill, i arrived at his house and invited in by a nurse fitz opens the package discovers its the wrong medicine throws a fit locked the hall door would'nt let me leave like it was my fault :mad: lunatic

• Registered Users Posts: 38 damone

worked in Garret fitzgeralds house for a few days about ten years ago ,he is friendly and tries to be friendly but he is eccentric which makes him come accross as very odd !the special branch geezer who was on duty when we were there said he was a doddle to get on with just a bit stuck in his ways but he was always pleasant even tho he was under a lot of stress with his very sick wife who he seemed to totally dote on!!!!

damone wrote: »
    worked in Garret fitzgeralds house for a few days about ten years ago ,he is friendly and tries to be friendly but he is eccentric which makes him come accross as very odd !the special branch geezer who was on duty when we were there said he was a doddle to get on with just a bit stuck in his ways but he was always pleasant even tho he was under a lot of stress with his very sick wife who he seemed to totally dote on!!!!

pity he did'nt dote on the country he was ment to be leading :mad: maggies parrot i voted for him at 18 i'm now 48 my one and only vote they try and tell ya **** is cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vonnie10

Kian from Westlife !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

vonnie10 wrote: »
    Kian from Westlife !!!

These things are always more interesting when you explain the circumstances, their behaviour etc. :)

These things are always more interesting when you explain the circumstances, their behaviour etc. :)

i'm with ya on this come on people lets have de dirt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Yvonne Keating is the rudest celebrity I have ever met.

Ronan Keating is by far the nicest celebrity I've met, as are all the BoyZone lads actually

vonnie10 wrote: »
    Kian from Westlife !!!

why? we know ees a pkric c'mon de dirt :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Brush Shields. I saw him at the ploughing championships a few years ago he was on radio and coming out of the stand when a woman shouted after him to ask him to stand in for a photo. He whipped round with a puss on him that would turn milk sour and mumbled a few choice words about the woman.

Advertisement