Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TKT

ROG - Absolute Prick, refused to sign an Ireland jersey for two young lads saying "I'm going home" and then he hopped into his vehicle and drove about 10 yards and into a sports hall.
    I couldn't believe my eyes.

Paddy Casey - Langer

Ray D'arcy was sound when I met him.

Donncha O Callaghan - Complete LEGEND!

Also that Bruce Springsteen, Bono story. Would love it to be true but I heard the same thing with different circumstances and people (Sting was involved in another version)
    sounds like an urban myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Ray D'arcy, a lovely fella, apologised for being in a rush at the time.

Dylan Moran, lovely guy.

Patrick Stewart, a gentleman, apologised for "taking my time" when asking directions! Same with Paul McGrath, then to my shame I later realised I gave him the wrong directions...

I wasn't there at the time but apparently a mate was punched by a very drunk Phil Anselmo after a gig once, to which mate went "wow, I just got punched by Phil!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I met Mr Ireland- Kamal Ingrim in a newsagents on Patricks Street. I didnt want him to know I knew who he was so I went up to him and said
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your face is familiar. Maybe you just have one of those common faces.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He turned towards me and said-[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well yours must have been limited edition - limited because no one else wanted one like it.[/FONT]
    Now THAT is what I call a put-down! No offence here ss, but I have to take my hat off to the bloke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lizzi

I used to work in a restaurant in Sligo when I was a young student, and Westlife were at the height of their fame. There was a million stories going around about how Kian was an unbelievable wanker but I had yet to see it for myself....
    So one day he comes in to the restaurant with a massive dude all in black which I presume is his bodyguard (just for going around Sligo like!).
    They come up to the counter, I can barely see the top of Kian's head, he's such a short a*se, but I lean over anyway and ask him what he wants.
    He looks at me, glares, and looks away, in a 'don't talk to me' manner. The bodyguard answers for him and tells me what Kian wants!! Kian says nothing the whole time he's there only glaring at anyone who might be looking at him.
    What a wanker!!!

This is so unbelievable... but on the other hand, I believe it.... I mean, I've met Kian few times and all the times he's been always too busy to even stop, too preocupied with other stuff, ignoring people who actually got him where he is now, spent the money on him. What a waste of time. Not worth it at all, now I see it. The stories u guys write here are almost making me vomit. I actually used to like this guy! God, shame on me!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

List of people Ive met:

Colm Meaney: Indifferent on him. Spoke to me, but did seem to be in a rush
    Ray D'arcy: Lovey guy. All smiles.
    Justin Timberlake: Spent a good bit of time with me, asked if I would like a photo. I thought the irishness of the word "grand"
    Brian McFadden: Seemed nice, had to run off elsewhere.
    The Edge: Very nice. Seemed down to earth.
    Seal: Very similar to The Edge. Good laugh.
    Andrea Corr: Met her a few times. Sometimes nice, most of the time was quite bitchy though.
    Colm and JimJim: Tossers!
    Adrian Kennedy: Full of self importance
    Paul McGrath: Very nice and would talk to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Stephen Tompkinson - very very rude..

Rich Hall - a total gentleman

Tommy Tiernan - such a good laugh and very very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Proxy wrote: »
    Patrick Stewart, a gentleman, apologised for "taking my time" when asking directions!

That man is a legend. A classy ass legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Robbie Fowler spilt a pint on me last summer in Liverpool and was really sound, talked for a while about football and wouldn't let me or my friends pay for a drink all night after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,966 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

OK, won't mention his name, but a famous Spanish Golfer who the world appears to think is a saint. I once had the displeasure of dealing with him when i worked at a golf club his name is associated with in the Midlands (Can you guess?) the man was a pig, rude, arrogant and not just once, on every occasion i and the rest of my team had to deal with him.

Bono (Also had to look after him, a complete tool, but the rest of the lads where gents)

Not dropping names, its the nature of my Job.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Proxy wrote: »

Patrick Stewart, a gentleman, apologised for "taking my time" when asking directions!

Tell me he said "make it so, warp 9" as he left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

:D:D
    Poly wrote: »

very good!!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Dempo1 wrote: »
    OK, won't mention his name, but a famous Spanish Golfer who the world appears to think is a saint. I once had the displeasure of dealing with him when i worked at a golf club his name is associated with in the Midlands (Can you guess?) the man was a pig, rude, arrogant and not just once, on every occasion i and the rest of my team had to deal with him.

Seve?

flanzer wrote: »
    Seve?

You got a Hole in One LOL:D

Had to deal with him on a number of occasions, so his rudeness was not just a once off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Paul McShane, if he even counts, what a c*nt. Refused to sign an autograph for a bunch of kids at a meet and greet for some lame excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Mick Flannery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

I've no idea who Paul McShane or Mick Flannery are. It seems that the entry level qualification to be thought of as a celebrity has sunk pretty low. How long will it be until the manager of my local Spar or chip shop qualifies to be called a celebrity? :p

I've no idea who Paul McShane or Mick Flannery are. It seems that the entry level qualification to be thought of as a celebrity has sunk pretty low. How long will it be until the manager of my local Spar or chip shop qualifies to be called a celebrity? :p

Me too? have not got a clue who Paul Mc Shane and Mick flannery are, maybe i live too quite a life:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

graeme souness was a gentleman really nice bloke.

one of the lads from blue think anthony sumtin or oda was a really nice chap had a chat about football.

meet jay mehlar from kasabian hes ringo starrs son in law really nice guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

ricero wrote: »

one of the lads from blue think anthony sumtin or oda was a really nice chap had a chat about football.

Wow, a celebrity whose name you have forgotten and can only identify as "anthony sumtin" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Twink, a nasty piece of work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

I've had the unsophisticated pleasure of meeting no celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

You got a Hole in One LOL:D

Had to deal with him on a number of occasions, so his rudeness was not just a once off.

They say you should never meet your heroes and he was someone I always wanted to meet....goes to show ya

flanzer wrote: »
    They say you should never meet your heroes and he was someone I always wanted to meet....goes to show ya

To be honest, i too was shocked at this guys behavior, he actually went out of his way to be rude and quite unpleasant to staff. I remember one of his favorite tricks was to demand an ashtray for the club house, knowing full well it was no smoking, he would sit there surrounded by cronies and smoke to his hearts content and not a word said to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Alan Hughes(ireland am) a big tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

D1cks and B1tches:
    Mike Scott from the Waterboys is a complete pr1ck
    Twink is a cnut (met her once in RTE)
    Gay Byrne is a w@nker
    Gerry Ryan - stuck up fat d1ckhead
    Colin Farrell was in school with me and he's a d1ckhead, looks to have chilled out a bit since then though.
    Pope Benedict - wank3r
    Brendan O'Carroll is a little sh1t head so stuck up

Sound as a pound:
    Dermot Desmond is very nice
    JP McManus, met him at a wedding and asked for tips and he obliged
    Martin O'Neill is a gentleman
    I met Joe wall from the Stunning at a U2 gig, very very sound guy.
    Met Gregory Peck a few years ago as he is a distant cousin, what a gent!
    Daniel Day Lewis is a gent
    Terry Venables is lovely
    Ryan Tubrity is sound out
    Saw Doctors all sound
    Mike Murphy very nice
    Bill and Hillary Clinton, met them once and very nice
    Johnny Logan is sound
    Shane McGowan, pushed him up to surgery at a hospital when I was younger, he's cool
    Shay Given cool

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bono (Also had to look after him, a complete tool, but the rest of the lads where gents)

Not dropping names, its the nature of my Job.
    I know who your on about, and I have to say everything to the contary when I dealt with him in the same hotel!

dclane wrote: »
    D1cks and B1tches:
    Mike Scott from the Waterboys is a complete pr1ck
    Twink is a cnut (met her once in RTE)
    Gay Byrne is a w@nker
    Gerry Ryan - stuck up fat d1ckhead
    Colin Farrell was in school with me and he's a d1ckhead, looks to have chilled out a bit since then though.
    Pope Benedict - wank3r
    Brendan O'Carroll is a little sh1t head so stuck up

Sound as a pound:
    Dermot Desmond is very nice
    JP McManus, met him at a wedding and asked for tips and he obliged
    Martin O'Neill is a gentleman
    I met Joe wall from the Stunning at a U2 gig, very very sound guy.
    Met Gregory Peck a few years ago as he is a distant cousin, what a gent!
    Daniel Day Lewis is a gent
    Terry Venables is lovely
    Ryan Tubrity is sound out
    Saw Doctors all sound
    Mike Murphy very nice
    Bill and Hillary Clinton, met them once and very nice
    Johnny Logan is sound
    Shane McGowan, pushed him up to surgery at a hospital when I was younger, he's cool
    Shay Given cool

Hillarious review, LOL.

Curious about Gregory Peck? are you an ASHE? I know he has many distant cousins from the west kerry area, in fact i believe his mother was from lispole or annascaul? just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Jason McAteer, met him when I was 15 and he was very rude, again when I was 20, he seemed ok but to be honest he disappointed me soo much the first time I met him I just walked away, couldnt be bothered.

Loved loved loved Nuno Bettoncourt, guitarist in Extreme(now plays with Rhianna), actually all of Extreme.

Met a fair few of the Irish soccer boys, all nice but Matty Holland was brilliant craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Poly wrote: »
    Strange actually, I looked again and he seemed to have disappeared into a bluish haze :P

But no, I was so flabbergasted to walk into a childhood hero that I just went "it d-d-d-down th-th-there on the left......." No wonder he took apologised, I probably came across like a simpleton!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Samantha Mumba, just plain rude.

Advertisement