Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,035 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Welcome back!

papillion_big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

why thank you my dear chap. On the way back from bray i was ahead again until shankill roundabout, you all went to the n11 loughlinstown, and i went through killiney, 2 races in one day haha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I don't know if I feel safe here, knowing there's an ex-con around :D

Welcome back

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Good to see you are back Mockler!

it was a great day out all the same, i was fecking banjaxed when i got home,
    although it was a comfy ride as i didn't lock the suspension out.
    When i seen meave in blackrock with a pucture i started to push like a lady giving birth to a chipmonk.
    I think i shouted to her girlie tires, (sorry meave)
    hey if it was any other day i would have stopped to offer help.
    chips are the new cake ! says lumen ! and i have agree with him there

• Advertisement

lets see a racer do this. haha

19734_105514349474368_100000474109853_151674_3119223_n.jpg
    without getting a flat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I have a crap road bike at home in Naas. I'll fish it out and roll down some steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think I see our next Boards challenge.

Anyone posting on here have access to an ambulance?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

blorg wrote: »

Anyone posting on here have access to an ambulance?

I've got a neck brace and a spinal board if thats any use ;)

(Also have the commital forms for use under the Mental heath act)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

mockler007 wrote: »

without getting a flat

You can't see it in the picture, but the amazing thing is that he's actually going backwards up the stairs! A wonder to behold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »

I think the next Boards challenge should be to complete a spin with the entire group staying together and not attacking each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

without getting a flat
    Ptsch! that's nothing, meant to post this here as something for mockler to live up to

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    I've got a neck brace and a spinal board if thats any use ;)

(Also have the commital forms for use under the Mental heath act)

Yes please:D

Welcome back Mockler - you have been missed

I may be up for your next challenge (once recovered from my current injuries!)

abcdggs wrote: »
    Ptsch! that's nothing, meant to post this here as something for mockler to live up to

i know this race, classic, if dublin had this i would be there tryen to split my frame in 2

mmmmmm urban downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

i know this race, classic, if dublin had this i would be there tryen to split my frame in 2

mmmmmm urban downhill
    It looks class alrite, would love to be good enough to attempt something like that

abcdggs wrote: »
    It looks class alrite, would love to be good enough to attempt something like that

they do one in mexico aswell, it goes through some dudes house aswell, kinky or what.
    start small and work your way up.
    when i fisrt went down a few steps or drops i was caking myself but now i just throw myself off. its a good rush,
    for the days you dont want muck all over your face do some urban suv'ing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

*** MOD NOTE: the following off-topic posts have been moved from the Harry Reynolds/Ben McKenna/IVCA race Summerhill thread. ***

would be more beneficial if people posted results rather than paragraphs about how they DIDNT win!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

would be more beneficial if people posted results rather than paragraphs about how they DIDNT win!!!

Sorry, we all forgot that this isn't a discussion forum and is instead your personal news service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

The race reports are great.

Hi Bob, I only knew the result of the A3 race. Thanks for posting. When is your next race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

would be more beneficial if people posted
    results rather than paragraphs about how they DIDNT win!!!

DISAGREE TOTALLY

Its great to hear the lads reports...... KEEP IT UP !!!!!

Raam wrote: »
    Hi Bob, I only knew the result of the A3 race. Thanks for posting. When is your next race?

where on the charter does it state you have to be racing to comment on races?

It doesn't. It does say this though:
    Relentless negativity
    - Whilst we all like a good bitch and a spirited debate, the main purpose of this forum is to support, encourage and entertain. Posters who offer nothing but relentless negativity may have their posts deleted and/or receive bans. (edit: Lumen, 01/12/09)

Might be of use to you. I for one found all the posts from people racing last year very encouraging. Results are one thing, people's experiences and insight are something else entirely. I have even now found myself perusing old race reports and charting people's progress over a season, what they learned, how they found certain courses, tactics that worked in certain weather conditions, etc.

If you want results, become a fan of cycling Ireland on facebook. No need for the negativity.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    It doesn't. It does say this though:

Might be of use to you. I for one found all the posts from people racing last year very encouraging. Results are one thing, people's experiences and insight are something else entirely. I have even now found myself perusing old race reports and charting people's progress over a season, what they learned, how they found certain courses, tactics that worked in certain weather conditions, etc.

If you want results, become a fan of cycling Ireland on facebook. No need for the negativity.

If you care to look through my posts you can see they are not all what you might call negative.

I understand the point made in the charter but I gather this forum is not and should not be intended to be an exclusive community of mutual back-rubbers at the same time.

I do not think it unreasonable to ask someone who attended a race if they happen to know the results!

I personally find most reports not worth reading but I am aware that is entirely my opinion.

And you are being a bit disengenous to make out that the only source of valuable racing insight for newcomers is race reports here when alternatively there are thousands of similar stories to be found from successful racers on the world wide web.

Disingenuous? Are you serious? Boards is probably my biggest cycling resource, so to say that I get most of my advice/stories about racing from here is hardly disingenuous and I can't see how it is anything other than useful to people. Plus I prefer reading about people I know and whose strengths/weaknesses I have witnessed rather than about some random guy riding crits in New York or some other corner I can't relate to. When people talk about circuits that I myself might be riding on I find it pretty handy to know what they thought about it.

Maybe you should have simply said "Does anyone know who won the race?" and left it that, rather than inserting a little dig at the same time?

Like you said, you don't have to read it.

I also quoted the charter, you have not been consistently negative to my knowledge but then again your post was not exactly helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

And you are being a bit disengenous to make out that the only source of valuable racing insight for newcomers is race reports here when alternatively there are thousands of similar stories to be found from successful racers on the world wide web.
    DirkVoodoo wrote:
    I for one found all the posts from people racing last year very encouraging.

Huh? where did he remotely suggest the only valuable source for newcomers was on here?
    I do not think it unreasonable to ask someone who attended a race if they happen to know the results!
    You honestly think that post counts as a polite request to ask someone if they know the results? Is it even asking if they know the results or just saying their report is a waste of space?

oh oh am i being too harsh, really awwwww. Sorry

Honestly ....... your insights are all very interesting

Certainly entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

oh oh am i being too harsh
    Harsh would be if you critiqued his report in an excessively negative manner.

Your post was just unhelpful sarcastic aggressiveness.
    Honestly ....... your insights are all very interesting
    There's the door if you don't want to read it. Just stick us all on ignore and you won't see our posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The first entry on the Boards FAQ, linked from the charter:
    Boards FAQ wrote:
    Be Civil (Don't be a dick)

The internet is full of anonymous keyboard warriors being rude to each other. We don’t want that here. We're not saying you have to be super-nice to everyone and sign each post with a little heart, but we DO require that you are at least CIVIL to the humans on the other end of this intertube. Everyone is tired of the muppets online and if you feel you must be a dick to others, you aren’t welcome here.
    You are being a dick. And it is completely unnecessary.

• Advertisement

Where is your comment on the race?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement