Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Comedy Podcasts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

definitely the frank skinner one:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Just right click,and save as or stream them directly from the site below

Enjoy!

http://xmsu.spreadtheonavirus.com/xmshows/Saturday%20Night%20Virus/Unmasked/

Brilliant. Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

Thanks as well, they're great! I really, really, love the Kids in the Hall one.

Chris (Web Soup) Hardwick's new podcast "Nerdist" is really good so far.

Have really gotten into Marc Maron's WTF based on Jim's recommendation. He's playing Kilkenny now so will definately need to see him. The live shows are great.

Also, the WMFU Best Show ones are also excellent, can't believe I took so long to hear them (Jon Benjamin does some!.

based on Jim's recommendation.

Think for yourself, sheeple! Free your mind! BUILDING 7 WAS A CONTROLLED DEMOLITION!

You missed a damn good show Friday night. Bill Burr was spitting hot fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Hamish and Andy off of Australia.... Very funny.

Two comedian's who do Australia's most successfull and most listened to radio show...

I'm in love with it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A newly unearthed Bill Hicks radio interview available here:
    http://blog.doublingup.info/
    Worth a listen

BUMP

Anyone know what happened to the Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast?

(Also my usual plug for Three Guys On. I love it, and if more people listen I can be like OMIGOD Did y'all hear this isht from yesterday and you can be like HOLYCRAP YES I HEARD THAT ISHT and then we can high-five!!1!1one!)

SlimJ wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to the Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast?

I do! it's just a broken link on billburr.com. So instead of clicking the link embedded in the picture of him with the green T-shirt, click the text above it. The text points to http://www.billburr.com/mmpc.htm , which works.

You're a master hacker Jim.

Myself and George Fox hosted Laughter Tracks on Dublin City 103.2 FM recently, it's on iTunes (Season 2, ep 16) but if you are against Apple and everything they might stand for this link right here might do...

Have a listen if you like listening.

You're a master hacker Jim.

Myself and George Fox hosted Laughter Tracks on Dublin City 103.2 FM recently, it's on iTunes (Season 2, ep 16) but if you are against Apple and everything they might stand for this link right here might do...

Have a listen if you like listening.

I like listening but

We can't find the page you requested. Please make sure the URL is spelled and capitalized correctly, and try again.

Mods, please move this thread to the Tech Support forum.

• Advertisement

Goddammit Apple!!! Have you no shame?

It'll still be up on iTunes, unless it's not.

Where's the Eat Cake download link? (Don't say iTunes.)

Probably won't release the first one, but I'll send you a link once we get it off the harddrive.

Was a lot of fun, next show will be in July. Ian Perth did some great MCing at the top, Giles Brody and Kieran Lawless were fantastic guests and the cake was delicious.

Really, the cake was so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Probably won't release the first one, but I'll send you a link once we get it off the harddrive.

Was a lot of fun, next show will be in July. Ian Perth did some great MCing at the top, Giles Brody and Kieran Lawless were fantastic guests and the cake was delicious.

Really, the cake was so nice.

can i get a link for it too? i tired to make it into town yesterdya (i really wanted cake) but had a family thing on (where there was no cake :( )

I will link you too Graham! In the meantime the Laughter Tracks we did is still on iTunes! So if you're at home listening to it occasionally put a tin can in a garbage compactor and it's like Lawlesss is joining in on the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yeah i listened to the laughter tracks with you and george, was a really good one fair play! (and nice interview with the guy from dublin roller girls.....that is when you didnt hang up on him! :p )

Marc Maron's WTF has taken what seems to be the most complete look at the Carlos Mencia scandal that I've seen. Two-parter. He just talks to Carlos in the first and then interviews two other comics who have known Carlos from way back.

Carlos doesn't really come off as very sympathetic. Honestly, the bumping stories sound worse to me than the stealing stuff.

I've never seen Mencia perform, all I ever saw was the Mind of Mencia show, which I didn't like very much, but there's plenty of great comics who couldn't make their stuff translate to their show.

Man, that second Carlos Mencia. You can hear someone not able to process their denial at all and when forced to look at certain facts begin to rewrite their justifications once again.

The first podcast is basically the same spiel he sounded off on the XM podcast linked earlier in the thread.

The Onion AV Club recommended The Risk Podcast, haven't listened yet but Kevin Allison from the State is involved so quality is probably high.

Was anyone (Blamon Dake?) at Marc Maron's Kilkenney shows? He podcasted from Ireland and it sounded like they didn't go as well as he was hoping they would. Then he had Maeve Higgins and Des Bishop and Dom Irrera on and it was sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

SlimJ wrote: »
    Was anyone (Blamon Dake?) at Marc Maron's Kilkenney shows? He podcasted from Ireland and it sounded like they didn't go as well as he was hoping they would. Then he had Maeve Higgins and Des Bishop and Dom Irrera on and it was sweet.

Yeah although he seemed to be enjoying the shows more towards the end of the podcast. The audiences at the cat laughs festival always seem like they can't handle any type of comedian that handles any topic that isn't what they're used to. I couldn't believe when I heard about Doug Stanhopes dates getting cancelled a few years back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

Would totally agree with Hamish and Andy. The best podcast out there. Dare I say it, even better than Ricky Gervais!

They host a daily radio show in Oz, and the podcast is basically just the chat, with the music and ads cut out. Really really good. And it gets a lot better the more you listen to it. Really would recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ttilting

This a link to a podcast recorded in Feb 10 -

The idea ... = 4 aspiring comedians discuss a fairly heavey subject ...

This is gratuitously offensive at times , but it's funny, engaging and a little informative. :-)

It's not for everyone ! but give it a lash ! .... our next three are in the can so you like us on face book we'll post them shortly !

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Silly-Cows-Podcast/114864225232985?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 48 One Question

Can someone please post link to 'Christy doing his sums?'
    I heard on radio two days ago, but can't find now. I don't know if it's June Rodgers, Brendan Carroll, etc.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Worth a listen:

http://www.comedianstellingstuff.com/

Sofie Hagen podcast. Six different stand up are asked the same question. Nice format not much waffle on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

New life in a zombie thread!
    More Sofie Hagen here in the Do The Right Thing xmas special

Also a Festive Flatshare Slamdown from Pappy's and the excellent news that it will be going out monthly from january along with a monthly Bangers n Mash

I don't have itunes so if anyone finds a link to Hagen's other podcast, The Guilty Feminist, pls share it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Marlon_s_1

Ah! not sure if this thread is still active but wanted to share Bill Burr's podcast is hilarious (as is his standup). Straight Talk with Ross isnt necessarily a comedian's podcast but is just as funny. same as the Read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The Comedy Bang! Bang! live tour on the Howl app is only two episodes in but it's quality stuff so far. Well worth getting the app for a free trial to check it out.

Advertisement