Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I played through it again recently enough and enjoyed it lots. I think if you're constantly comparing every game to the top games on a system you're going to be disappointed. I have most of the best run n gun games for the MD but also enjoy playing the games that aren't quite as good as them. Variety being the spice of life and all that ;)

Are you playing it on an emu or do you have a physical copy on a CRT? It's a very nice looking game on a CRT.

Actually, I'm getting completely off topic here. I will continue this on Friday! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    and the wonder which one is Sera, before realising she was there all along, dressed in a Hello Kitty outfit. They didn't know it was her, they assumed it was retro!
    When I was reading that I was like "is it because I look butch or something ;_;" I think I've everything HK except for a suit XD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just gave RvT a quick go there. I've a lot to say to you on friday :P I've too many games that are amazing to play to waste my time on average games like RvT (notice it;s been upgraded from scutter to average).

I think 7pm is a good time to kick this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I wont be there, working friday till 7 and working Saturday morning at 8.

But I'll be there in spirit! like Bruce Willis in the 6th Sence.

oh yeah *spoiler alert* :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just gave RvT a quick go there. I've a lot to say to you on friday :P I've too many games that are amazing to play to waste my time on average games like RvT (notice it;s been upgraded from scutter to average).

I think 7pm is a good time to kick this off.
    grand
    I work in the city centre so I'll probably be in earlier , from 5.30-6 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I could make it in even earlier. I'm just a bus ride away from DCU afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

So is this happening on Friday in the Bull and Castle then? I can make it along then anyway...

Master of the Universe

I'll be there. Would be good if we can get a list of people who can confirm?

If I can get some batteries (and possibly a mini nuclear reactor) I'll bring the Nomad along & an extra controller.

Unfortunately Robocop Versus the Terminator won't work on it due to region lock out. Sorry Retr0 :(

A mod can change the thread title to show the date and location and also add a public poll to list attendance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm still a maybe but I'll know on Thursday. If I can though I'll be able to meet up earlier too, just so's I can sit in the corner and watch and see if yous are cool enough to hang with me :cool:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I'm still a maybe but I'll know on Thursday. If I can though I'll be able to meet up earlier too, just so's I can sit in the corner and watch and see if yous are cool enough to hang with me :cool:

Damn you! That was my idea :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hur-hur :)

So if anyone walks in and sees people with trench coats, sunglasses and newspapers in various corners of the place, it's us :P

I'm beyond cool.

I'm Rad!

This is me in my younger days:

37433_ja16ddt19j_l.jpg

Maybe we can have a vote to see if I should turn up in my schoolgirl outfit?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Maybe we can have a vote to see if I should turn up in my schoolgirl outfit?

OMG NO! WTF freak!?!

*sends PM begging to wear outfit

Master of the Universe

Please do. We can pretend we at least have one girl among us. The charade will look better if you bring cake too. Bring lots of cake.

Looks like I'll be too busy tonight to bring cake tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Going to miss this as I wont be in dublin until Saturday.

Master of the Universe

Okay so confirmed so far are -

o1s1n
    Retr0
    Lizzardfudge
    Luas Dublin
    Augmerson
    (Add your name to the list!)

Right I'm sure I'll be there too :)

What's the handheld of choice btw? DS with a stocked up flash cart (of games you already own of course)?

I'll be DS-ing.

• Advertisement

Will have to see if I can dig out my Merlin.

merlin.jpg

Master of the Universe

Feck all you lot with your modern handhelds, I'll be Nomad-ing. :P

Went to the shop earlier to get some batteries for it. €5.17 for four. WTF?! and I needed six. For probably about 4 hours worth of play time in total.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Feck all you lot with your modern handhelds, I'll be Nomad-ing. :P

Went to the shop earlier to get some batteries for it. €5.17 for four. WTF?! and I needed six. For probably about 4 hours worth of play time in total.

Dude, £/€/€2 shop or whatever the f*ck they're called is where to get them. Just buy several packs of 12/24 or whatever.

Master of the Universe

Two euro batteries in a Nomad? Are ye mad? It won't even boot up :D

Or if it does, it'd probably last less than 5 minutes.

Maybe I can bring along a PSU and slyly plug it in somewhere. The lights in the pub might start flickering though. :pac:

Haha, they surprisingly work fine in my GameGear, but apparantly the nomad is a power hungry monster. Yeah try smuggle along a PSU anyway :) Ima bring my DS along anyways.

I was thinking of bringing something from the physics labs here to help power up the nomad tomorrow but the guys say that a stable fusion reactor has yet to be invented.

Actually maybe a list of DS games to bring would be good? My flashcart is predictably filled with the weird and japanese.

My vote would be for Quendan 2 and Elite Beat Agents.

The Merlin takes 6 AA batteries as well and that's just to light up a few bulbs.

This Merlin thing interests me. Can't for the life of me figure out what it does.

Pity I have not retro handhelds. The oldest I have is my GBA and my Brick was robbed years ago in the gaelteacht (my gaelige has gone to ****).

• Advertisement

Yes a list of games would be great. Preferably some multiplayer ones, like Mario Kart, Pokémon (of course!), Jump Superstars could be fun too and Bleach for some fighters.

Advertisement