Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betpack.com

• 23-02-2010 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Just recieved a e30 free bet with this crowd,anyone on here have any dealings with them? Are they ok for value,withdrawals etc

JH242 is the code I used if anyone wants to use it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

They're meant to be very similar to Paddy Power. What that means, I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

I've got plenty of codes for free bets if anyone wants one, drop me a PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I've registered on that site..do I need to deposit to get free bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

As far as I remember you need to register, deposit and place your first bet. After that they add the freebie.

Stake not returned on the freebie by the way.

Mezcita wrote: »
    As far as I remember you need to register, deposit and place your first bet. After that they add the freebie.

Stake not returned on the freebie by the way.

Cheers...I usually bet cash over counter so wouldn't have registered if I'd know that..ah well I'll pass it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

they are basicaly stan james .

they use stan james prices and staff who answer ph .

no problems with wthdrawls actually very fast.only to card tho no cash withdrawls

there betting in runnng can be interesting at times if u get my drift ;)

If anyone wants the code drop me a pm. Just to clear up, you get a free €5 bet and then a free €25 bet when you deposit €25, so €30 in all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

robbie1977 wrote: »
    they are basicaly stan james .

TBH thats enough for me not to use them.

Tried to sign upto stan james few months ago and they wanted me to prove my age by sending my passport! :eek: Not even a copy, they actual passport!

When I was speaking to their 'customer services' they told me this was essential as they had no other way. When I asked why not verify by how deposits are made as somebody needs to be 18 or over to get a debit/credit card.....to which this numbskull argued that I was wrong and anyone could get them!

:rolleyes: so ended up cancelling my signup.

Devastator wrote: »
    TBH thats enough for me not to use them.

Tried to sign upto stan james few months ago and they wanted me to prove my age by sending my passport! :eek: Not even a copy, they actual passport!

When I was speaking to their 'customer services' they told me this was essential as they had no other way. When I asked why not verify by how deposits are made as somebody needs to be 18 or over to get a debit/credit card.....to which this numbskull argued that I was wrong and anyone could get them!

:rolleyes: so ended up cancelling my signup.

That's strange, I signed up to them no problem. Just sent a copy of my pp which is understandable. Though I think I'm the only one who finds SJ good.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Their inrunning prices (especially GAA) throw up plenty of ricks, I don't think the lads in Gibraltar know too much about hurling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Just adding a bit of info about the site, you don't have to send in a passport to verify your age!
    You can place cash deposits in any of the shops, there is a lot of Independant Bookmakers involved in the site, so you can deposit money into any of the 180 shops and it will be put on to your account anywhere you see the betpack sign.
    If anyone wants promo codes I have loads.

You cant withdraw cash over the counter but I am sure if you ring customer support they will sort out a cheque ;)

About time the independants had a go at competing with the likes of PP an BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

What is this? Some kind of independent bookmakers online co-op?

Nulty wrote: »

So it seems...I noticed Hacket's had a sign in window the other day advertising them. Free bet's a free bet, just used my fiver sign-up bet on Ireland to beat Brazil at 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Just a warning than betpak don't gurantee morning price which is a bummer

Yes, Terry Rogers, Mullhollands, Tullys, The Track, Pat Toolans and more all part of it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

http://www.betpack.com/EN/help

This service is operated by BetPack (a brand name of Collegewood Street Limited) in conjunction with Stan James Plc. Stan James Plc is a bookmaker licensed by the Gibraltar Licensing Authority under the Gambling Act 2005 and regulated by the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

http://www.betpack.com/EN/help

This service is operated by BetPack (a brand name of Collegewood Street Limited) in conjunction with Stan James Plc. Stan James Plc is a bookmaker licensed by the Gibraltar Licensing Authority under the Gambling Act 2005 and regulated by the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority.

Bit surprised Stan James got on board with this seeing as they opening a lot of shops around the country themselves. Surely having the indo's struggle further would be to their advantage.

Stan James aren't that big over here in Ireland, AFAIK they are not involved in the company financially.
    Independants had to come up with something to compete with the bigger bookmakers like PP and BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 noodles33

Betpack do guarantee morning prices now as someone earlier said they didnt. I signed up and got the free €30 for putting in €30 im damn happy with that.
    Promo Code TU206 feel free to use it.

Im much happier betting with these independant guys that the bigger boys to be honest and great site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭kingshankly

noodles33 wrote: »
    Betpack do guarantee morning prices now as someone earlier said they didnt. I signed up and got the free €30 for putting in €30 im damn happy with that.
    Promo Code TU206 feel free to use it.

Im much happier betting with these independant guys that the bigger boys to be honest and great site too.

From today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Stan James aren't that big over here in Ireland, AFAIK they are not involved in the company financially.
    Independants had to come up with something to compete with the bigger bookmakers like PP and BS.

Not yet but they're opening two new shops every month or so. In a few cases they've taken over/merged with exisiting indo's. This might be the first step to a lot of the indo's coming under the Stan James banner.

Just had a good browse around the site there... the sports statistics and results is quite handy, and very easy to use.

It has a results matrix where you can see all the results of football teams over the seasons.

I hear a lot of people saying the prices are quite good too, there on saturday when backing a few horses I noticed it myself there were 1 or 2 points in the difference of a lot of the horses.

Got an e-mail from them saying there will be a few bonuses for Cheltenham, and cash backs.

The countdown to Cheltenham is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

just registered there now gonna see how i get on with them today cheers for the codes

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

I registered yesterday with the code BB234 which a friend gave me, he said it is a re-usable code. I think the prices are good value and all the prices are guaranteed for March. I would rather lose my money to Irish independent bookies than the big boys. Got a free matched bet of €25 and also a free €5 bet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

Not a bit impressed so far.

Site is slower than treacle.
    Free bet not received even though promised.
    Got stung by NRNB as I was not given the choice of SP and got 8/1 Weapons Amnesty and 12/1 E/w Son Amix.

Poor site and poor service

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

I see its basically now stan james with betpack logo

no harm, it was slower than jo brand in the 100 metre dash
    working superb now

I stupidly signed up early doors for the free bet( used one of those codes JM205, that worked fine, Whats with all the different codes?) and never really used it but think i'll use it now its finally working

so its bascially stan james but you can lodge cash into through the indos

wonder how much stan james charge them for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Yeah, it's identical to Stan James, but always loved their site so all's good.. They use the Stan James customer service team too, I got very confused when I went on their live help and was greeted 'welcome to Stan James', thought I was on the wrong site!
    shaggykev wrote: »
    JM205, that worked fine, Whats with all the different codes?

This is just for their marketing team, so they can see what's working for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fustedblush

Signed up over the weekend using one of the promo codes i got in John Mulhollands, JM257. Site seems to be similar Stanjames (and previous Boyles site, obviously same software) but is really fast, v impressive. got my €30 free bet, alas no luck. as a mulhollands customer i'd prefer to be giving my i-net trade to the local man, so will stick with it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

so its bascially stan james but you can lodge cash into through the indos
    Hacketts, Bamburys, Mulhollands, Track and another few that have escaped my memory

They all seem to be handing out different codes for the free bets

I Used JM205 ages ago and it worked and gave it to another lad last week and it worked too so that must be a Mulhollands code as well

Fair play to the indos, i thought it was a stupid idea if the site was going to be like that but its great now

up there with powers now and ahead of boyles and ladbrokes

I'd say the 3 best websites out there are
    1 betfair
    2 paddy powers
    3stan james

• Advertisement

Each member of staff is given a different code. If anyone wants a code PM me and I'll sort you out.

Advertisement