Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

That's maybe why he has a paltry 68,000 listeners after 4 years on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Badabing wrote: »
    That's maybe why he has a paltry 68,000 listeners after 4 years on air.

That and haveing the same guests on constant rotation:

Legal matters: Gerald kean
    Politics: Mad Mary O'Rourke
    Rugby/Gaa/Other munster related ****e: Mick gailleamh Galwey

etc etc etc ad nauseum........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

That and haveing the same guests on constant rotation:

Legal matters: Gerald kean
    Politics: Mad Mary O'Rourke
    Rugby/Gaa/Other munster related ****e: Mick gailleamh Galwey

etc etc etc ad nauseum........

everything else: 'respected journalist' Eamonn dunphy.

i only wish that tom dunne would go on for another hour, and sean moncreiff would come in earlier. eamonn keane really is appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The other day he was asking listeners to text in what song should be playing when coughlan and o leary meet in a restaurant later that day. Just text or 30 cent text number.
    What kind of tabloid rubbish has this show turned into and what idiot would waste money texting in with something so stupid.

Yeah I heard that and thought to myself, I can't believe he is doing this on a programme which he likes to think is gritty, at the front of the action and current affairs.

Then, he KEPT ON DOING IT. Before every break, after every break.

I was dumbfounded!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

i only wish that tom dunne would go on for another hour

Please, please, please don't ever wish that :mad: --- the man is a total [edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Eamon Keane's show really is awful. If only there was a decent option between 12 and 1pm. I'm so sick of Keane's 'man of the people' act, always doing his best to sound outraged on behalf of the people. And his voice really annoys me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

dh0661 wrote: »
    Please, please, please don't ever wish that :mad: --- the man is a total [edit]

i'd soo much prefer to hear about audrey, sky and eva, or whatever something happens used to do years ago than have to suffer eamonn keane's monotonous populism. i just hate it when i do change and then forget to change back at 2 for moncreiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The other day he was asking listeners to text in what song should be playing when coughlan and o leary meet in a restaurant later that day. Just text or 30 cent text number.
    What kind of tabloid rubbish has this show turned into and what idiot would waste money texting in with something so stupid.

heh heheheh God bless your innocence son.

Answer is thousands and thousands :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jerry O'Sullivan, if I had ther power to cut the vocal chords of just one man it would be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

mike65 wrote: »
    Jerry O'Sullivan, if I had ther power to cut the vocal chords of just one man it would be you.
    Agreed, and he's always on Newstalk. Saturday Sports Show, Off the Ball, Moncrieff, The Right Hook etc. I switch off every time I hear him. His voice/accent wrecks me buzz. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I couldn't agree more, he has no business being near a radio. So many annoying mannerisms, the mouth-full-of-tissue voice, the tone of voice that suggests he's wearing a wry smirk, the bogger way he pronounces 'ar' and 'ow' sounds, the halting delivery... make it stop :(

parasite wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more, he has no business being near a radio. So many annoying mannerisms, the mouth-full-of-tissue voice, the tone of voice that suggests he's wearing a wry smirk, the bogger way he pronounces 'ar' and 'ow' sounds, the halting delivery... make it stop :(
    He certainly shouldn't be allowed on national radio and surely Newstalk can find a better stand-in for the Moncrieff show. I'd like to listen to the Sunday Sports Show now but I just can't handle listening to him. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

parasite wrote: »
    the mouth-full-of-tissue voice
    Haha, well put. He is in a rush to say everything.

For all Jerry's fan's out there.

6nations-small-for-upload.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Aidric wrote: »
    For all Jerry's fan's out there.

6nations-small-for-upload.jpg

I was wondering where the gnome from my garden had got to and then he appears second from the right in this picture!

On second thoughts, that looks like Ger Gilroy...!biggrin.gif

Which one is he? Yer man in the blue shirt?

el diablo wrote: »
    Which one is he? Yer man in the blue shirt?
    Ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 homert

Anyone know the name of the theme music from Culture Show. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bbor005

Anyone hear the pre-recorded 'apology' Newstalk aired today at around 8:45, regarding Claire Byrne's comments about Susan Boyle?

The woman didn't have the bollix to do it herself, it was some guy reading out a statement essentially saying 'sorry' but without directly apologising. Bunch of jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

What did she say about Susan Boyle??

• Advertisement

What did she say about Susan Boyle??

Wasn't sure, googled it and this thread came up :D

Apparently she called her a 'freak'

Ya.

Ger Gilroy is the chap in the brown coat...the small one

bit harsh isn't it? shes not all there for sure but calling her something like that isn't very newsworthy...

bit harsh isn't it? shes not all there for sure but calling her something like that isn't very newsworthy...

Yeah, don't think it was very dignified of her. And it was even less dignified to let some anonymous fella read out an apology on her behalf rather than do it herself. But then again, I don't really expect much better out of Ms Byrne. She's the radio equivalent of a tabloid hack.

Ger Gilroy is the chap in the brown coat...the small one
    Ya I know. I thought he was asking me which one was Jerry O Sullivan.

Ya I know. I thought he was asking me which one was Jerry O Sullivan.
    Yep, I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭bored and fussy

bbor005 wrote: »
    Anyone hear the pre-recorded 'apology' Newstalk aired today at around 8:45, regarding Claire Byrne's comments about Susan Boyle?

The woman didn't have the bollix to do it herself, it was some guy reading out a statement essentially saying 'sorry' but without directly apologising. Bunch of jokers.

it is not an apology if someone has to make it for you. ms byrne should come on and apologise herself if it was someone else she would be demanding an apology and their head on a plate and tut tut tutting
    but i wouldnt expect to much from newstalk they are just tabloid

eamon keane was on saturday night he was embarrasing singing for his father a bit late considering he hadnt spoken to the man for years
    he is always trying to stir up controversy and maybe get a headline for himself it is always about himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

eamon keane was on saturday night he was embarrasing singing for his father a bit late considering he hadnt spoken to the man for years

His father died over 20 years ago.

• Advertisement

thats what i mean it was a bit late but i guess its never to late to cash in:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement