Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Snowing on and off in Lucan, one minute it's a blizzard, the next only a few flakes. I measure just under 3.5 cm just since this evening and we had 3 hours of snow already this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Snowaddict wrote: »
    This is turning into a significant snowfall event in Eastern areas, especially Dublin now & accordingly a new warning update should be issued immediately by Met Eireann.

Folks on the ground there, what are your total fresh accumulations from this evening so far?

SA :)

Sweet f**k all!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Just watching the Sky news weather...

Forecaster talking about the east wind coming across the country tomorrow said 'the temperatures would be minus something or other' :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wonderful bit of profession reporting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

moar wine! and moar snow!

stopped here at the moment, It;s just taking a breather though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Snowaddict wrote: »
    This is turning into a significant snowfall event in Eastern areas, especially Dublin now & accordingly a new warning update should be issued immediately by Met Eireann.

Folks on the ground there, what are your total fresh accumulations from this evening so far?

SA :)

Judging by areas that had been wiped clean earlier, I'm at about 3 cm, or a little over an inch so far since 6pm with more on the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

temp rising here in killaloe and starting to snow but only very light. -4.1 at the moment but it was -5 30mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Navan should get a brief shower soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

pp_me129 wrote: »
    I Will Glady Report A Small Flurrie Of Snow Here In Waterford City.

Hopefully Alot More To Come.

Ran out to check the lampost and yes i can see a few flakes :) hopefully lots more to come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jds0ur wrote: »
    This is unreal over here, no stop for the last 15-20 mins

ME really underestimated the significance of this snow it seems?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

I keep trying to go to bed but get drawn but here for 'one last check'... very cold in galway but still nothing snowlike to report - still holding out great hope for tomorrow... fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

long may it continue!

how much has accumulated would you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

castleknock is very white! allot of snow :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

over here? never been there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Serious snowfall in D13 for the past 2/3 hours, atleast 5cm as fallen. Getting scary now....!!! Cant wait for tomorrow morning!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I Will Glady Report A Small Flurrie Of Snow Here In Waterford City.

Hopefully Alot More To Come.

Clear skies in The Folly - where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Nothing in Shankill, looks like a Northside event!

Nothing at all ?? pissing down since 5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

In Hollystown here and apart from a brief shower an hour ago noting else !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

mickger wrote: »
    Ran out to check the lampost and yes i can see a few flakes :) hopefully lots more to come :D

COME ON WATERFORD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

jenzz wrote: »
    Nothing at all ?? pissing down since 5

Seriously!! We had a flurry earlier and thats all! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

not a sausage here in Waterford inner city, *grinds teeth* Dubs get everything :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The snow is old news ,didnt you know we have moved on to earthquakes :P

Earthquake in Donegal

AN EARTHQUAKE measuring 1.6 on the Richter scale struck Donegal on Thursday night.

The minor tremor struck at 7.30pm, with the epicentre located at Bridgend in the south of the Inishowen peninsula, the School of Cosmic Physics at the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies confirmed yesterday.

The tremor was felt in Bridgend and Buncrana in Inishowen and westwards across Lough Swilly in the Fanad peninsula.

A number of people fled their homes in the village of Kerrykeel, fearing the worst before they realised the threat had passed.

Shop assistant Teresa Gillespie (26) was with her parents at their home in Desertegney, 9km from Buncrana, when they were disturbed by what sounded like “a really loud rattle of thunder”.

“It was a big rattle and it lasted a couple of minutes. It started in one place and seemed to roll along Lough Swilly,” Ms Gillespie said. She said they knew it couldn’t be thunder because there was no lightning and the night was clear.

Dr Thomas Blake of the School of Cosmic Physics said a number of people in Donegal had already filled in an online questionnaire on the institute’s website outlining details of the incident.

He said Donegal was one of the counties most at risk of earthquakes in Ireland due to several fault-lines extending from Scotland to north Donegal. Thursday evening’s tremor was picked up by all the seismic recording stations in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

“North Donegal and from Wexford across the Irish Sea are the areas most likely to be associated with earthquakes in Ireland,” Dr Blake added.

Anyone who experienced this week’s tremor is invited to fill in the questionnaire on the institute’s website www.dias.ie.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0109/1224261976932.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

COME ON WATERFORD

You mean Watercork:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

2qk4u wrote: »
    Nothing happening in Navan...... :mad:

Lol here's your Navan buddy seconding your feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Sorry if this has been said already only just signed in but this is just and i say just starting to resemble 1982 , light showers were predicted that January for the East and more to follow the next day but it began to snow very heavy almost straightaway then and continued for nearly 24 hours , could the same happen again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

stebishop wrote: »
    moar wine! and moar snow!

stopped here at the moment, It;s just taking a breather though. :)

Judging by your spelling, you've had MOAR than enough wine already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

long may it continue!

how much has accumulated would you say?
    Maybe 2-3cm, not 100% could be more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Lovely bit of snow falling in Ranelagh but did just get my ass kicked in a snowball fight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Seriously!! We had a flurry earlier and thats all! :confused:

Seriously - another 3cm since then at least - pissing down so much im not even going out to chck....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I reckon about 3 inches has fallen in D3 this evening...EPIC lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

copacetic wrote: »
    I have light snow in north sandyford..

North Sandyford where is that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement