Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exam Timetable MONDAY EXAMS CANCELLED!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Past exam papers are here http://library1.lyit.ie/screens/exam.html but I think solutions is wishful thinking I doubt we have to do the solutions ourselves :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

oh god, im dreading these exams so much, i missed out on some assignments and a few tests in december because my mum died so im just sooooooo far behind now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Fracture wrote: »
    oh god, im dreading these exams so much, i missed out on some assignments and a few tests in december because my mum died so im just sooooooo far behind now.

I'm sure if you handed up those assignments late the lecturers wouldn't mind in your circumstances.
    You should talk to the college if you haven't done so already and let them know of your circumstances.
    They take these things into consideration. They could work out something else for you do to..maybe more assignments to make up the marks..?
    Get talking to one of your lecturers or someone anyway.

Sorry for your loss.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah a friend of mine died during the year and I missed a few assignments but I had a talk with the lecturers and they gave me something else to do instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Right so they have already postponed today and tomorrows exams, ive a feeling they will be doing the same for next week. thay cant honestly expect everybody to make it in with the weather so whats their plan B?.
    army%2520logo.png

• Advertisement

theboss80 wrote: »
    Right so they have already postponed today and tomorrows exams, ive a feeling they will be doing the same for next week. thay cant honestly expect everybody to make it in with the weather so whats their plan B?.

Has this ever happened before I wonder?

They can't really keep putting it off...then again the may move everything another week forward.
    But I've a funny feeling they will simply go ahead with the way things are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Nothing on the emails today bout it, id say have a look tomm and see if there is any communication from the college. if they dont say anything then everythinhg goes ahead to schedule.
    Seriously big problem with that is the uproar from people who cant make it in and will be fobbed off wit that its their own problem. I live a good 45mins away from the college so whats gonna happen if im traveling in and am involved in an accident??? i can say ive honestly not been near the college since we broke up and wouldnt travel up there if it wasnt for the exams.

Donegal is bad enough and will be difficult for alot of students to make it...but look at the poor sods down the country!

Couldn't believe some of the images on the news.
    Plus alot of bus services won't do some journeys.
    Seeing as we will all be off anyway until the start of Feb, there is no reason why they can't push the exams forward another week.
    That way hopefully the situation will improve.

Now I'm off to find hopefully a thread on how the government is actually nearly completely out of grit and looking to buy it in Europe somewhere...

Even though they could simply buy it off the quarrys. Heavin forbid spending a bit extra cash..arrgghhh

*trots off to ranting and raving forum*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

im lucky i drove up from tipperary on tuesday! severly snowed in down there!

but its a shame about the exams being cancelled, but safety first and all that.

i just hope they dont keep posponing them over and over until there's a break.

im lucky i drove up from tipperary on tuesday! severly snowed in down there!

but its a shame about the exams being cancelled, but safety first and all that.

i just hope they dont keep posponing them over and over until there's a break.

You just reminded me I should have been boozing on Tuesday and wrecking your flat! >.<

Fair enough you managed to get up.... but what if LOADS of students simply can't make it up with the weather....

Maybe the lecturers will give those ones a completely different exam or other work to complete or simply fail them?

• Advertisement

Theres a guy in my class from Kildare which Ive heard is very badly hit so I wouldnt be surprised if he cant make it. Im in the Rosses at the moment and looking out at the hills theyre still totally covered in snow so it wont be easy even for me to get back

Hopefully they confirm tomorrow what theyre doing so people know the situation befre the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Ive heard other colleges are going ahead with exams and if you cannot make it then you sit it in august when the repeats are on, but its taken as a first sitting. I dont fancy that at all.

So Library is not opening now at all this weekend christ sake this is bad form.

I would hate to do the exams in the autumn like other colleges are doing I already forget half the things I have learned let alone trying to study for them then.

I hope it goes ahead on Monday its going to be a nightmare I think trying to get sorted the primary schools are meant to be open on Monday but if they cancel I have to arrange childcare grrr go away snow please.

Doesnt look like its going anywhere mind you im stranded today which should mean I study more but no I just doss more.

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    You just reminded me I should have been boozing on Tuesday and wrecking your flat! >.<

Fair enough you managed to get up.... but what if LOADS of students simply can't make it up with the weather....

Maybe the lecturers will give those ones a completely different exam or other work to complete or simply fail them?

lol you have my number!

its not a case of "what if" loads cant make it up, they cant make it up!
    it took me almost 12 hours to drive what normally takes 5 1/2 hours!

Exams going ahead on Monday just checked email. Thats what I need to hear to focus on study.

lol you have my number!

its not a case of "what if" loads cant make it up, they cant make it up!
    it took me almost 12 hours to drive what normally takes 5 1/2 hours!

Actually I need to ask a favour of you! :eek:
    *texts*

Me and mum were heading home from Letterkenny(finally got out of house)...

Nearly crashed into on coming traffic even though we were going really slow the back of car just suddenly went flying the wrong way! :eek:
    Very scary. I would have been a goner :eek:

Such a pity those students gonna have to repeat them in bloody august

Very little info in the email from the college, they know fine well ther'll be people who wont be able to make it yet they've given no info on what happens if thats the case

Hardly seems fair they'll have to repeat in August when theres a week off at the end of this month..

Harps wrote: »

Hardly seems fair they'll have to repeat in August when theres a week off at the end of this month..

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

There are talks of doing a petition or emailing Paul Hannigian on Facebook to try and have this week exams cancelled if the weather doesn't improve by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

im just gonna listen to the news on Higland radio on Sunday, if they are cancelled, it will be on the news then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

loca1 wrote: »
    I hope it goes ahead on Monday its going to be a nightmare I think trying to get sorted the primary schools are meant to be open on Monday but if they cancel I have to arrange childcare grrr go away snow please.

Doesnt look like its going anywhere mind you im stranded today which should mean I study more but no I just doss more.

damn! schools closed till thursday... have exams mon wed n fri and had planned to study tuesday and thursday.... not looking likely if there closing the schools else it'll cost me a small fortune to send them to creche everyday all day! stupid F-ing country. there are countries all over the world who get snow every year and they dont go to a complete STANDSTILL. never have happened in my day i tell ya!

Mate of mine(who isn't in the college) said he heard on highland they were cancelled.

He may have been getting it confused with how yesterday and todays exams were cancelled.

But then he said no definitely the ones next week.
    Think he just trying to trick me into heading out on the beer!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Paul Hannigan has refused to cancel the exams. Students are sending emails to him to express their displeasure at his lack of concern for the students. The paper and radio have apparently caught on to the story too and are not pleased.

ah for gods sake its just snow! thats what happens in winter! its not Paul H's fault the government are useless at doing there job. how hard can it be to get some SALT! i really dont want to wait till aug to do any exams cos i will forget everything and theres no help over the summer.... i will fail if that happens!

Well of course he won't want to cancel them...

They should be trying to persuade him to move the exams to the last week in Jan!!
    We are still all going to be off that week so makes sense.
    Plus weather should have improved by then *crosses fingers*

GismoBaby wrote: »
    ah for gods sake its just snow! thats what happens in winter! its not Paul H's fault the government are useless at doing there job. how hard can it be to get some SALT! i really dont want to wait till aug to do any exams cos i will forget everything and theres no help over the summer.... i will fail if that happens!

I had a totally long thing written out there but I'm going over to the ranting and raving forum again!!!

You could never fail and you know it! You are doing really well! :)

There is still the option of the last week in Jan.
    He could consider it.

oh ya i wouldnt mind that! just dont want them cancelled till august! you'd be surprised how much you forget! had to repeat a whole class the last time cos i failed a jan exam and was meant to repeat in aug but could remember feck al...programing too so not a great one to have to repeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Its just snow if you are living near the town,anywhere out of town the roads are dangerous. Alot of people wont be able to make it in and therefore they will have to resit in August.

I cannot understand why they cannot put them off till the last week in January,as we are off anyway.Its so stupid tbh expecting people to travel in that weather.

The IT saw it fit to give their staff the weekend off as it is too dangerous to travel,yet when the conditions are to get worse its fine to make students travel.

i live a couple miles outside lk so i know all about it! my estate has cars piled up left right and centre for a few days there cos the road was so slippy the cars couldnt move! taxi men wouldnt even drive into my estate had walk in from the enterance and there chancy f-ers at the best of times!! hehe!! but thank god it snowed again and we can move now! i agree totally to them being postponed but not cancelled to august! GO AWAY SNOW I HATE U! remember when we'd wake up and get a snow day from school and then be raging cos the next day it'd be gone! ah the good ole days!

• Advertisement

ok everyone chill out!!!

pun intended! :p

i know its a snowey situation, but lets not jump to conclusions. regardless of who heard what on the radio lets try keep the "i heard this from so and so" to a minimium.

until we get definate confirmation that exams are cancelled, all exams are on until further notice.

a lot of people read this forum, and might get the wrong impression wether they are going ahead or not.

until further notice all exams are scheduled for monday onwards as normal

Advertisement