Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Merry Christmas Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Merry Christmas guys! :)

Hope everyone had a fun day. It's now time to laze around and watch TV :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Just watched a Frankie Boyle dvd with the family. Is it weird that my 84 year old granddad was the only one laughing at all the rape/pedophile jokes? I found it rather off putting tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

phlegms wrote: »
    Is it weird that my 84 year old granddad was the only one laughing at all the rape/pedophile jokes?

He didnt snort out "It's funny cos it's true" at any stage, did he? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

phlegms wrote: »
    Just watched a Frankie Boyle dvd with the family. Is it weird that my 84 year old granddad was the only one laughing at all the rape/pedophile jokes? I found it rather off putting tbh..

He's a god awfull comedian, how anyone finds his work entertaining me is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Stev_o wrote: »
    He's a god awfull comedian, how anyone finds his work entertaining me is beyond me.

He could have been a great comedian. Unfortunately he relies too much on the staple Scotland bashing and vulgarity. Some of his (As rare as they may be) family-safe jokes are excellent.

One that comes to mind...

"Sunny Delight counts towards your 5-a-day.

..As minus one."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

He could have been a great comedian. Unfortunately he relies too much on the staple Scotland bashing and vulgarity. Some of his (As rare as they may be) family-safe jokes are excellent.

One that comes to mind...

"Sunny Delight counts towards your 5-a-day.

..As minus one."

Didn't he get kicked off mock the week for making a dirty joke about the Queen or something?
    Anyone else eat an obscene amount of food today? I've been depriving myself of chocolate all year and today I just ate my weight in it. I feel like a fat bastard:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm stuffed! So much food around me so might continue eating although i've said i won't.. my house is full of chocolates, too many distractions.
    Don't think i've said it yet - Happy Christmas : )

Didn't he get kicked off mock the week for making a dirty joke about the Queen or something?
    Anyone else eat an obscene amount of food today? I've been depriving myself of chocolate all year and today I just ate my weight in it. I feel like a fat bastard:(

I don't think he got kicked off, but there was definitely a fuss over it. Are you talking about the
    "I'm now so old my pussy is haunted"
    one yeah? That's a prime example why I don't like him. It's just being outlandish for the sake of it.

I think it's basically tradition to over-eat at Christmas. I'm in the mood for a turkey sandwich...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I don't think he got kicked off, but there was definitely a fuss over it. Are you talking about the
    "I'm now so old my pussy is haunted"
    one yeah? That's a prime example why I don't like him. It's just being outlandish for the sake of it.

I think it's basically tradition to over-eat at Christmas. I'm in the mood for a turkey sandwich...

Yep, think that's the one. Suprised they actually aired that, it being the BBC and everything.
    Turkey curry to look forward to for the next week.....*shudder*

Turkey curry to look forward to for the next week.....*shudder*

Anyone who watched the Gilette Soccer Saturday special today would indeed be shuddering :D

*prays somebody knows what the hell he's talking about*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Fad wrote: »
    He didnt snort out "It's funny cos it's true" at any stage, did he? :eek:

I think he may have done tbh..:o

Advertisement