Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch BBC content and other TV SHows for free.

• 18-12-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Blinkbox have lots of free BBC content to watch for free legally. They have Harry Enfield, classic Dr. Who episodes, The league of Gentlemen, Peep Show, Shameless, Robocop, Mutant X and lots of other shows to watch and they are available in here (in Ireland) too.

They have a few free films too (including March of the Penguins but I couldnt get it to work).

http://www.blinkbox.com/TV/Featured/FREE-TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone else getting lots of "Episode not available in your country" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Well I was able to watch an episode of Harry Enfield and Peep Show no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Nice find!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Cheers, watched a couple of documentaries without issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

long_b wrote: »
    Anyone else getting lots of "Episode not available in your country" ?

Same but I'm in the US. Must be geoblocked. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

works for me (on NTL broadband)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks so much OP, just tried the Human Instinct one and its working fine,some great shows there:) Some of which link into my college course and help my studies(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

It allowed me to register and rent a movie (99p) - I put the credit card details in (but unchecked 'remember my details) and left country as "United Kingdom" and gave a UK post code. My credit card details were accepted and I've downloaded the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cheers OP, pity it dosent work through the PS3 tho...

God those Robocop episodes bring back memories...not necessarily good ones :pac:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Quality post, OP! I would pay good money to watch the old Harry Enfield series...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

http://www.blinkbox.com/DigitalSpy
    Not sure if it will work in Ireland but worth a try, promo from http://www.digitalspy.co.uk

Edit2 : Despite the FAQs Dman001 has confirmed it will work :D
    QUESTION: I am outside of the UK – will I be able to buy or rent any titles?
    ANSWER: Due to rights, our titles are only available to users in the UK at present.

Thanks Steve O will give it a try.

The code worked perfect, Im downloading The Hangover now. Cheers Steve O.

Guys when you sign up would you mind using the link below. If I invite you, you get a £5 voucher and I get a £1 voucher so we all win.:D

https://www.blinkbox.com/Invite/XUF3XH27HX

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Started watching an episode of Bottom, then i had to sit through 3 ads.

Meh, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

Great find.....cheers OP!

Blinkbox's Wikipedia page states that the service is available to Irish users so we can expect that we can use Blinkbox in the longterm, that is if we can trust the Wiki page.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Watching peep show now, no probs. Cheers op!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Dman001 wrote: »
    Guys when you sign up would you mind using the link below. If I invite you, you get a £5 voucher and I get a £1 voucher so we all win.:D
    [

Done. Nice one.

Done. Nice one.
    I appreciate guys!! I can actually see myself using this regularly (after all the free films I mean):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i bet this will go the same way as FilmOn and be free for a while and then become a subscription service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Dman001 wrote: »
    The code worked perfect, Im downloading The Hangover now. Cheers Steve O.

https://www.blinkbox.com/Invite/XUF3XH27HX

Sorry, we know Darren referred you, but 5 of their friends have already signed up for the deal they told you about. Sign-up anyway to get great deals on blockbuster titles.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Sorry, we know Darren referred you, but 5 of their friends have already signed up for the deal they told you about. Sign-up anyway to get great deals on blockbuster titles.
    Sorry I didnt realise their was a 5 friends limit. Maybe someone else who signed up could refer you.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

What size are the movies when downloaded?

About 1GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

can others wo have signed up post referral links so we can share the "free movies love" around a bit? maybe dman can let people know how to get he refferal clicky linky for us to sign up with if it's not already 100% obvious?

They gave me a referal link just after I signed up but I dont know how to get it up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

That is a fab find, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks OP great find :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Used this last night to watch the start of The West Wing season 4 while the box set is making its way to us in the post. Great service, very high quality videos - I streamed it as I had a problem installing the downloader. Not clear from the site if it's high-def or not, but very high quality and a lovely interface on the site.

I used Dman's link and got £5 free credit (thanks) but I think his referral limit has been exceeded so he won't get any more free credit.

West Wing is £1.79 an episode, not overly cheap but the service is worth it, and it's nice to have some free content available too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Nice one. A lovely cheap and cheerful website to legally watch video and movies, for those with a conscience! :D

Advertisement