Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your nerdiest feature?

• 10-12-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Is there something about your personality that is a bit nerdy? An obsession that maybe you keep to yourself or a collection you've built up over time? I think everyone is a bit of an anorak about something eg music, football, collecting callcards!

For me, it's trains. I don't know why but I've always loved them. When I was younger I'd even get a bit excited at the sight of a railway track, never mind actually taking a train (sad.... probably). Had a few hornby sets as well. Now I'm not a train spotter or anything (would be a pretty pointless pursuit in Ireland) but I always take a train if it's an option. I'll take the Trans-Siberian someday hopefully, seven days on a train? Deadly!

What brings out your inner nerd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I guess my right leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'm a massive dr who nerd,and not ashamed to admit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Spending pretty much all day every day online

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You seem malnourished. Are you suffering from internal parasites?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i can speak backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

The 17 asian people i have chained up in my basement to do my accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Every morning, on the train on my way into work, I take out my laptop, listen to Lyric FM, and categorise my all of my emails from the previous day into the seventeen million and one different subcategories I have within my inbox.

It's very calming ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Glasses and my Smarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I'm circumcised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I get far too excited about brains. Not in a zombie way, in a far-less-cool "what does this bit do!?" way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Boards.
    That, my knowledge of computers, my thirst for scientific knowledge, and my love of space exploration...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I spend about 15 hours at day at my computer, this is divided up pretty equally between work, browsing, and watching television programs online.

I collect National Geographics.

I also think I talk in a nerdy sort of way, although others don't think the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retro Gaming. 'Tis where I'm mostly found on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Something nerdy about me? Everything is nerdy about me. I am happy in Nerddom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm circumcised.
    You know the drill, pics or.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Beating 16 year old annoying American kids on Xbox live

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

boards i suppose

thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

jokettle wrote: »
    I get far too excited about brains. Not in a zombie way, in a far-less-cool "what does this bit do!?" way :cool:
    So you get a stick and have a poke around so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

I`d say the fact i`m studying physics in college, I wear glasses and I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of stargate.

I also love trains :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

So you get a stick and have a poke around so to speak?

Replace "stick" with "scanning equipment" and you've got it ;)

We waits till they falls asleep before we gets out the poking shtcik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I analyse the **** out of everything in my own little mind

And although I can remember no ones name I meet in real life I can remember something that happened on TV 15 years ago and random actors names

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Kiera wrote: »
    You know the drill, pics or.....

You want to see that? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

snyper wrote: »
    boards i suppose

thats about it

Me too.

That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Obsession with fighter jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Even for AH thats not even kind of funny.

The question was "what is your nerdiest feature"..not "tell us a joke and we'll judge you on it".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'd say it's my personality, I used to give grinds to people in my own class during my undergrad, and I used to give grinds to a few people doing their postgrads while I was still an undergrad. Also, I remember random pieces of information and I love environmental economics. Also I've red hair so that might be something.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

everything about me is nerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You want to see that? o.O
    You dont? O_o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

When I have free time Ill drive to the airport and happily sit for hours watching and taking photos of planes.

Advertisement