Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Trophy Leaderboard: Mark 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

atat23 wrote: »
    terminator was quite bad, it was ok in parts,
    Force unleashed is good if you like star wars, otherwise I wouldn't bother, the physics are pretty good in it though and playing around with the force makes you fell like a bad ass sith especailly later on when your powers are upgraded fully.

You already have Fallout and that's my fav game of this gen but I'd definately recommend Prince of persia if you like thrid person platformers.

Cheers for that, terminator knocked of my list so!
    Yeah I like the Star Wars films and liked one of the Star Wars games on PC going back 12 years or so, haven't really played much since apart from Battlefront but that was a different kind of game. Might give it a shot.

Yeah Fallout is an amazing game, its one that could have passed me but a mate gave me a lend, much like Dead Space, delighted I got to play them both.

Got a bunch of games recently, Far Cry2, Burnout Paradise, Godfather2, Operation Flashpoint and Unchartered2 today, with PES10 & SvR10 out next week and MW2 in another few weeks its certainly a fun time for gamers, my problem is hours in the day and needing sleep!

What's your current game of choice?
    Bet you're looking forward to seeing yourself taking topspot on the Leaderboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

not really playing much tbh, bit of beatles rockband and marvel ultimate alliance.

ordered demon's soul and brutal legend last week so should get them sometime this week, that's two I can't wait to play. Also ordered uncharted 2 but play order will go to whichever arrives first. hopefully Demon's soul :D

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Is the Leaderboard gona be updated any time soon?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Paul MCM wrote: »

Op said monthly. Chill out dude. It takes a lot of work to get this sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭QenTox

Paul MCM wrote: »

I just updated it myself ;)

boardsietrophylist.png

oh and my PSN card is in my signature :D

If anyone is missing let me know (or any mistakes there)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

nice job

nice job

Thanks ;) Took me nearly 2 hours to make it :D Should be much easier to update it now... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Man you're a legend, I've no time to update this with college and life in General. How did you make the leaderboard?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Man you're a legend, I've no time to update this with college and life in General. How did you make the leaderboard?

Open Office Calc... Never really used it before and found it pretty hard to use as those images just don't want to stay in the cells :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

very nice , well done lad looks alot better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Great job... Im only about 1500 trophies behind the leader..:D

tonydude wrote: »
    very nice , well done lad looks alot better
    Very gracious tonydude, having had top spot for so long taken away in such drastic fashion, that fella thinking he's all that!
    QenTox wrote: »
    Open Office Calc... Never really used it before and found it pretty hard to use as those images just don't want to stay in the cells :confused:

Fair play mate, it looks great, what score system did you use? 30-P 10-G 5-S 2-B?
    I now this is silly, is there a way to publish the point total beside our respective figures or tell me to fook off for being a pain in ta arse! Either way...cool!

Oh and thanks to dmcg90, fair play mate you put in a great effort, thanks for starting it up again and thanks for the leaderboards that you took the time and effort to create...cheers!

liverpo wrote: »
    Oh and thanks to dmcg90, fair play mate you put in a great effort, thanks for starting it up again and thanks for the leaderboards that you took the time and effort to create...cheers!

No probs man, i'm sorry i couldn't keep it on, but it's nice to see it back. Should rocket up the leaderboard once my ps3 will decide to actually sync it's trophies now.

No probs man, i'm sorry i couldn't keep it on, but it's nice to see it back. Should rocket up the leaderboard once my ps3 will decide to actually sync it's trophies now.

Ah so to busy racking up the trophies...I like it, whats your current count?

Ah so to busy racking up the trophies...I like it, whats your current count?

Couldn't tell you because i can't sync. Flatmate has been playing away on my ps3/psn so he is earning a good few for me.

Couldn't tell you because i can't sync. Flatmate has been playing away on my ps3/psn so he is earning a good few for me.

Sometimes if you win loads you have to leave it for awhile, fails run again, fails run again and it works, happened to me recently got Burnout (trophy machine) and I had to try a few times, generally works after awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Fair play mate, it looks great, what score system did you use? 30-P 10-G 5-S 2-B?

i may be wrong but by the looks of it, its ordered by level, then plat, then gold......

i may be wrong but by the looks of it, its ordered by level, then plat, then gold......

You're right...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

PSN: Peadar_Rua

mypsn

• Advertisement

Very gracious tonydude, having had top spot for so long taken away in such drastic fashion, that fella thinking he's all that!

Hey now, jealousy is so unflattering...........but yeah I'm prety awesome alright :p

Yeah I posted on here originally because I saw on playfire or something I was third on their Irish leaderboard and I wanted to see if it was true, thought because boards is so popular there'd be more people interested in seeing how they measure up to their fellow country men. Didn't mean to steal anybodies thunder or anything, sorry Tony :D

Anyway fair play QenTox, we should put it in the OP make it look more official like, maybe attract some new combatants to the trophy arena.

I'll try and make sure you don't have to edit the leaderboard too much each month.....by staying at the top ^_^

I'll try and make sure you don't have to edit the leaderboard too much each month.....by staying at the top ^_^

That's very considerate just when I thought you were a Jabroni you go and make everything cool again...lol

I know we spoke about Terminator a month ago or so and you mentioned it was a bit rubbish, however I've heard you can get the Platinum in 4 hours and it's only got 11 or 12 trophies...might be worth a rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tuborg

I know we spoke about Terminator a month ago or so and you mentioned it was a bit rubbish, however I've heard you can get the Platinum in 4 hours and it's only got 11 or 12 trophies...might be worth a rental?

One of the easiest games to get platinum in. I did it in around 4 hours, one play through on hard. It can be played on co-op.

Its a terrible game and has little to do with the movie, but for trophy hunters its a must. 12 golds and a platinum in 4 hours.....that definatly made up for the poor gameplay.

One bit of advice if you are going to play this and its a rental/second hand disk, save after each chapter and then back up the save game to a usb. My disk is second hand (7 quid in xtravision) and whatever was wrong with it, it kept crashing just before the last battle loaded so the save game was corrupted each time. Played the game twice and happend each time so the third time I backed up my saves and it was grand, no crashes!

prob just my disk but a heads up none the less

tuborg wrote: »
    Played the game twice and happend each time so the third time I backed up my saves and it was grand, no crashes!

prob just my disk but a heads up none the less

Cheers man, its funny you just never know when something like that will happen, not sure if you played Godfather2 but if you finish the game there are some trophies you can't go back for and have to start a fresh game just for one or two for the Platinum.

Any other easy Platinums that you can knock out in a day or 2 just for fun?

Cheers man, its funny you just never know when something like that will happen, not sure if you played Godfather2 but if you finish the game there are some trophies you can't go back for and have to start a fresh game just for one or two for the Platinum.

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection. It took me 2 days to get a platinum. Can not remeber how long I was playing it, but it was about 12 hours I guess. And I played Terminator: Salvation about 7 hours and the only reason was to get the 12 gold and 1 platinum trophy :D

PS: I am very busy this week(end), but will try to update the Trophy Leaderboard Monday if I will get a chance.

Here's a list of the games I own that you can get through in a weekend, they are quick to platinum, not necessarily easy in parts though:

Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Eat lead, Alone in the dark, Uncharted 1 and 2, Force unleashed, Mega Drive Collection, Wolverine

I haven't played them but if you're looking to just platinum games I hear the movie related titles are easy enough to platinum. Things like UP, monsters vs Aliens, GI Joe, Transformers, LOTR etc

Terminator was the only one I played just for the platinum, if I'm ever stuck for something to play though I'll probably start on some of those myself.

yo atat is afrika any good

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tuborg

Here's a list of the games I own that you can get through in a weekend, they are quick to platinum, not necessarily easy in parts though:

Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Eat lead, Alone in the dark, Uncharted 1 and 2, Force unleashed, Mega Drive Collection, Wolverine

I haven't played them but if you're looking to just platinum games I hear the movie related titles are easy enough to platinum. Things like UP, monsters vs Aliens, GI Joe, Transformers, LOTR etc

Terminator was the only one I played just for the platinum, if I'm ever stuck for something to play though I'll probably start on some of those myself.

I've read elsewhere that UP is very easy to get platinum in alright, also read that the Hanna Montana game can be gotten in 2 hours. But I wont ever play it easy platinum or not!! I might give it to my g/f as a xmas present, she got me the ratchet and clank platinum.

I'd agree with uncharted(s) being easy to get platinum in. There is a trick when playing it on crushing that you play to chp 5 i think on crushing, change down the difficulity and switch on whatever bonus u want like one shot kills, then you save and go to main menu change difficulity back to crushing and start chp 4.

Yeah got the Terminator Plat - one or two parts annoying but still got it in 6 hours.
    Of the games you mentioned are they any good? I'll probably give PoP, TR:U, F U and Mega Drive all a shot, have U1&2, heard bad things about Eat Lead & Alone in the Dark...are they worth the hassle?
    Whats Wolverine like?
    tuborg wrote: »
    I'd agree with uncharted(s) being easy to get platinum in. There is a trick when playing it on crushing that you play to chp 5 i think on crushing, change down the difficulity and switch on whatever bonus u want like one shot kills, then you save and go to main menu change difficulity back to crushing and start chp 4.
    I know were talking trophies and getting easy ones but U2 on crushing is a lot easier than the first one, once you do the first playthrough on hard, crushing isn't much harder.

I've noticed once you get to lvl 12 its a lot harder to level up, is this the same for 13, 14 etc?

• Advertisement

lvl 12 seemed to go very slow 4 me too but lvl 13 is going by fast enough

Advertisement