Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Trophy Leaderboard: Mark 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Loth

Here are my full details.

Boards ID : Loth
    PSN ID : Loht
    PSN TrophyCard : http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Loht.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Phew... Im getting quicker! Only took me the guts of an hour. Sorry for the few day's delay, never really got a good chance to get it done. As usual any mistakes just PM me and i'l get right on it.

1st

Phoniexknight / tonydude
    Level 12
    9/52/164/701
    Phoniexknight.png

2nd

NotorietyH / NotorietyH
    Level 11
    2/28/105/650
    NotorietyH.png

3rd

johnny_adidas
    Level 9
    3/27/100/492
    johnny_adidas.png

4th

AnCapaillMor / AnCapaillMor
    Level 10
    2/22/89/471
    AnCapaillMor.png

5th

PMcMorrow / Paul MCM
    Level 9
    2/26/109/385
    PMcMorrow.png

6th

Cartman91 / WarZoneBrother
    Level 8
    0/11/92/481
    cartman91.png

7TH

leimrod / L31mr0d
    Level 8
    2/31/75/364
    card3.png

8th

liverpo / liverpo
    Level 9
    4/20/81/318
    liverpo.png

9th

Narnin / F1ngers
    Level 7
    4/13/59/288
    Narnin.png

10th

MrPain09 / MrPain
    Level 7
    2/15/60/204
    MrPain09.png

11th

davidmcginley / dmcg90
    Level 7
    2/20/42/218
    davidmcginley.png

12th

themuse / paul150
    Level 7
    1/18/42/17
    themuse.png

13th

The40Watt / Josey Wales
    Level 7
    1/9/47/261
    The40Watt.png

14th

Loht / Loth
    Level 7
    2/9/48/229
    Loht.png

15th

IrishTLR / RangeR
    Level 7
    0/11/51/239
    IrishTLR.png

CONTD:

16th

Shane_86 / ShaneU
    Level 6
    1/11/42/200
    Shane_86.png

17th

Suspencecase / hurler007
    Level 6
    1/9/19/169
    Suspencecase.png

18th

iggy / iggy
    Level 5
    0/4/23/158
    iggy111.png

19th

stephen-s / Perfect Choice
    Level 5
    0/4/14/158
    stephen86.png

20th

FueCue / rizzla
    Level 5
    0/5/21/106
    FurCue.png

21th

Brendanger / NekkidBibleMan
    Level 4
    0/1/14/108
    brendanger.png

22nd

thorn19 / eddhorse
    Level 4
    0/1/11/93
    thorn19.png

23rd

cono121 / cono121
    Level 3
    0/1/9/41
    cono121.png

24rd

curryman04 / curryman
    Level 3
    0/1/1/50
    curryman04.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

Cool got my Platinum for Dead Space last night, hats off to Phoniexknight, johnny_adidas and Narnin, I personally prefer multi-platinums than a host of bronze's, just starting Far Cry2, I believe the Platinum is very hard on this one or at least time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

just got my Uncharted one last night to be honest. Need to fork out for an eyetoy for burnout. Loved dead space but waiting to either rent it again or buy it cheap to finish it. I need a break from shooters for a while though (Killzone is just sitting there half way through for ages). Next on the list will be infamous, Batman or NFS Shift. (none of which i've played yet).
    Ive a few games there that probably wouldnt take much other than time to get to platinum but i just wont play resistance non stop for weeks or get friendly with loads of others in LBP for example so itll never happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Some platinums are a piece of pish though. Batman, Uncharted, Dead Space, NFS Shift and Burnout Paradise are all fairly easy platinums. Far Cry 2 will be a tough one though. Currently 1 gold trophy away from platinuming Wipeout HD, considered one of the hardest platinums to get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

liverpo wrote: »
    Cool got my Platinum for Dead Space last night, hats off to Phoniexknight, johnny_adidas and Narnin, I personally prefer multi-platinums than a host of bronze's, just starting Far Cry2, I believe the Platinum is very hard on this one or at least time consuming.

You too. *Doffs hat*

Have FC2 myself, and it's a big ask to get platinum. I play a bit now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Here's mine...
    And yeah, i'm pretty crap at video games!!

tracingspirals.png

oh dear god, a 'my platinums are better than your platinums' statement :rolleyes:

oh dear god, a 'my platinums are better than your platinums' statement :rolleyes:

haha but seriously my Platinums are better than yours! lol

Oh btw anyone interested in a lads swap night - console games, blue ray, dvd, cd etc checkout http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055684728

• Advertisement

u take that back, the hannah montana platinum is just as good as any other!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Ok, think I finally have enough bright spangly things to venture in here...
    Though I don't think I'll ever have the patience to get any platinums.

PSNID: eireog74

eireog74.png

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Might aswell add mine too, wish I had more platinums, 2 or 3 trophies off plat in Uncharted, but I dont think ill ever bother with UC2 coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

Boards.ie: gstar
    PSN:gstargra

im still determined i will get that uncharted platinum some day, god damn hate that crushing mode :)

?imageUrlToken=Ez9m0QiQ9X&locationType=file

What's the story with the leaderboard, we done with that?

What's the story with the leaderboard, we done with that?

God no, from now on it's going to be updated monthly to give people a chance to see real changes in the leaderboard... that and i'm busy with college so please bear with! Update coming in the next week.

me thinks someone has leimrod in his sights!!! :P

gstar wrote: »
    Boards.ie: gstar
    PSN:gstargra

im still determined i will get that uncharted platinum some day, god damn hate that crushing mode :)

?imageUrlToken=Ez9m0QiQ9X&locationType=file

Dude have you Platinum'd it yet? there's one or two levels where you can use a little glitch, you know the level where you drop down into the water having previously blown up a bridge, you're in an area where guards keep appearing and you're surrounded by column's, with dude's above and dropping from everywhere, instead of dropping down, run back outside get the sunlight on your back, run back in again, you can stay on the ledge up above the water and simply pick the guards off one by one, that was the only area I had a problem, once I found that glitch it was fairly easy.
    dmcg90 wrote: »
    God no, from now on it's going to be updated monthly to give people a chance to see real changes in the leaderboard... that and i'm busy with college so please bear with! Update coming in the next week.

Cheers man, hadn't heard from you in awhile, love the leaderboard, still not sure about your current rating as the number of bronze trophies is still king, only a bit of fun so it doesn't really matter...fair play to you.
    me thinks someone has leimrod in his sights!!! :P

Haha nah, only two people ahead of me in my eyes - those with more Platinum's and Gold's the rest is easy in fairness. What's your latest count?

hoping to plat batman this week but god damn those challenges are infuriating (at my lack of ability to string combos together more so than the game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

Can't help myself:

Boards name: atat23
    PSN name: atat23
    atat23.png

hoping to plat batman this week but god damn those challenges are infuriating (at my lack of ability to string combos together more so than the game)

yeah, I need to dedicate some time to this, need to finish the last 2 combat challenges and then hard mode for the plat, too much else to play and at this time of year theres way too much coming out that Batman won't get finished till the new year!

edit: WTF is up with the union jack on my card? it changes between that and the Tricolour randomly...!!!!!!!

i am humbled!! Oh to have time to plat that many games

i think if u log into the .ie psn it give u the option to use the irish flag when updating your card

i think if u log into the .ie psn it give u the option to use the irish flag when updating your card

Yeah I see what it is now, damn swedish proxy server in work takes me straight to the uk site so when I updated my card it automatically changed it to the union jack, should be alright now, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tuborg

Boards name: tuborg
    PSN name: nieceness
    nieceness.png

atat23 wrote: »
    Can't help myself:

Boards name: atat23
    PSN name: atat23
    atat23.png

Hey dude we don't need you and your 2million trophies around here...us mere mortals have no chance now...Jaysus that will take me another two years to get close, any chance of you retiring the gamepad till then?

Hey dude we don't need you and your 2million trophies around here...us mere mortals have no chance now...Jaysus that will take me another two years to get close, any chance of you retiring the gamepad till then?

I'm just giving you more motivation to stop slacking :D

I'm just giving you more motivation to stop slacking :D

Haha funny, I could mention having a life but I won't (cough...jealousy) but seriously fair play dude, would love to know what the 21 Platinums are...

ah, it's nothing too hard:

terminator, protoype, infamous, uncharted, dead space, LBP, Fallout 3, Burnout, COD5, Trine, Alone in the dark, Mercenaries 2, Bioshock, Eat Lead, Mirror's edge, Prince of persia, Pure, Mega Drive collection, Force Unleashed, Wolverine and katamari forever

they are mostly single player games since most multiplayer trophies take alot of boring boosting, I try not to platinum any games I wouldn't want to play anyway and I never really want to play online, terminator was just too tempting though :D

have to say though my most wanted platinums are wipeout and gta4, I need 1 trophy for each of them, so god damn close but theres too much else I want to play to sink the time into them.

ah, it's nothing too hard:

terminator, protoype, infamous, uncharted, dead space, LBP, Fallout 3, Burnout, COD5, Trine, Alone in the dark, Mercenaries 2, Bioshock, Eat Lead, Mirror's edge, Prince of persia, Pure, Mega Drive collection, Force Unleashed, Wolverine and katamari forever

they are mostly single player games since most multiplayer trophies take alot of boring boosting, I try not to platinum any games I wouldn't want to play anyway and I never really want to play online, terminator was just too tempting though :D

have to say though my most wanted platinums are wipeout and gta4, I need 1 trophy for each of them, so god damn close but theres too much else I want to play to sink the time into them.

Fair play man, I've got Unchartered, COD5, Buzz, Dead Space & Fallout3.
    From your list I hope to platinum inFamous (haven't got into it yet), Bioshock (heard its great, yet to play it), might get Mega drive collection for my boy. I don't have an eye toy camera so Burnout won't get the Platinum (although its a bloody good game).
    What's Terminator and Force unleashed like? Certain games tend to pass me unless I get a lend or someone makes a good recommendation.

• Advertisement

I don't have an eye toy camera so Burnout won't get the Platinum (although its a bloody good game).

yeah I kinda bought a cheap ps2 one off ebay for a fiver, didn't want one trophy to keep me from a platinum *cough* :o

What's Terminator and Force unleashed like? Certain games tend to pass me unless I get a lend or someone makes a good recommendation.

terminator was quite bad, it was ok in parts, like the cover mechanic was enjoyable but apparently it's just a rip off of the gears of war one but at least they copied it right. On hard the cover is the only thing that keeps you alive, the AI is so bad that in some case it will always stay on one side of the cover like there was an invisible wall keeping it from simply walking around and killing you, so you can quite happily stay behind cover and pick off the enemies one by one while you AI team mates, who are with you constantly, distract them.
    The problem comes on hard mode when the enemy is focused on you, you literally can't shoot back since they are shooting at you constantly, a couple of hits in hard mode kills you so you have to wait till they turn around. I got stuck in one section for about 20 minutes, no matter where I moved I was constantly getting shot at, not fun at all.
    The vechile sections, which come every second level are also laughable, it might have been acceptable for the PS2 since the graphics belong in the last gen but for PS3 it's a joke!

Force unleashed is good if you like star wars, otherwise I wouldn't bother, the physics are pretty good in it though and playing around with the force makes you fell like a bad ass sith especailly later on when your powers are upgraded fully.

You already have Fallout and that's my fav game of this gen but I'd definately recommend Prince of persia if you like thrid person platformers.

Advertisement