Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ranbat 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Cheers Sagat - I think we pretty much agree about the rule anyway at the end of the day and are just arguing the semantics of the organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It really is a kicker.
    I don't understand why Capcom/Dinks didn't look at SCIV though -- change your buttons in the character select screen. Then you could have an option to disable Start (which SCIV didn't do either).
    Of course, it could be that this is not an option developers are allowed by MS/Sony rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Jim wrote: »
    Excellent. I finally pulled off c.spike - FADC - ultra btw!

Oh, very nice!

About the pause thing. I'm pretty guilty of that. A lot. (As Sagat06 is aware of ;)) Before LAN, I'd have played online exclusively where my rapid tapping of the start button had no consequences. I never realised the implications of such a nasty habit in a situation where pausing was very possible. After completely breaking the flow of my fight with Sagat I was able to think "Oh wow, I'm a dick" and I've tried to stop it since then. I reckon I won't be doing it in time for This but if I do...

You take that round and you enjoy it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I think that if you pause by accident when the opponent has the advantage they should be allowed a free hit, eg. I land a headbut with ultra stocked and someone hits pause by accident causing me to miss my juggle, then I get a full hit ultra on the ground or if I wasted the ultra because of it 4-5 HKs(5x110=550dmn), more than an Ultra juggle, but not my much.
    Of course if the player paused on purpose he should have to forfeit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

There's no way to reliably judge between accidental pauses or purposeful pauses and you can't base the rule on that; it's a simple case of if you break the rule you forfeit the round and there's no need to overcomplicate things imo.

edit: Also when you bring complicated things like that into it, I could say, eg. if I were playing Fuerte "oh I was about to hit the RSF loop", or with Chun, her recently-discovered infinite, etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

DarkTalant wrote: »
    I think that if you pause by accident when the opponent has the advantage they should be allowed a free hit, eg. I land a headbut with ultra stocked and someone hits pause by accident causing me to miss my juggle, then I get a full hit ultra on the ground or if I wasted the ultra because of it 4-5 HKs(5x110=550dmn), more than an Ultra juggle, but not my much.
    Of course if the player paused on purpose he should have to forfeit.

That seems too messy. It seems great in theory but trying to do it in a tournament and not have it devolve into a bickering contest regarding what kinda damage it would have done. Example Guile misses an ultra and he claims he should get four HKs, his oppenent thinks Guile should get a jab :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I agree with what everyone is saying in here, but I just want to remind people of what we are all about here. We aren't pro's or anything, this is just a bit of fun. even our biggest tourneys are for a couple hundred quid so i think its important to keep things light. If you over regulate or make things too serious it can ruin it a bit.

Anyway, I think everyone has gotten their opinion accross. Personally, I don't have an issue with the pausing and you wont see me take a round off somebody for an accident. I felt reall sorry for those Evo lads whose cables ended up being short and accidentally pulled them out of the console. That was really painful looking. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If it's not an automatic round forfeit the more timid among us may have problem speaking up when they feel robbed.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

To clarify the rules are there in case they are needed. Best to be prepared for such an eventuality that be like "oh crap what do we do!" or possible have people complain that we just made the rules up on the spot and then be open to suggestions of bias.

Its common sense really, if the game is accidently paused and it appears to have no effect on game play then I'm sure neither one will mind and you can continue on playing. If its a case of pausing while your opponent is hammering you mid combo or has you down to your list bit of like and severely pressuring you, then its really down to the person applying the pressure or performing the combo, if both players can't agree the tourney organizer will have the final say after hearing both sides of the story.

All this seems like a mountain over a mole hill.
    Of course we are hear to have fun, no one has forgotten that but you need rules in place before hand in case of incidents and disputes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Tekken 6 on 28th for me

I'll try and make it for the 5th :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Would it be ok to pause the game after a combo (an Akuma one no doubt) or like Akuma's SGS and rub it in the other guy's face? :)

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    edit: And Lep, I was just pointing out that as far as I know there's no wankery aspect to that unless you're saying we should reschedule the SF4 meets just based on your calendar. :pac:

Like... Yeah. Don't you know the world revolves around me? I can't believe you don't know that.

I don't see any action regarding the Forza meet so I'm DOWN for whatever date.

I'm up for helping out Azza with the tourney if you need some.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Would it be ok to pause the game after a combo (an Akuma one no doubt) or like Akuma's SGS and rub it in the other guy's face? :)

hahahah

Following the results of Dragon Slayers Ranking Battle 3.2 the seeding list has been changed.

From This
    1.Diarmuid Busher (Bush)
    2.Mike Guilfoyle (Newtype)
    3.Simon Lau (Chuu)
    4.James Vincent (Blag)
    5.Jeff Yorke (Azza)
    6.Patrick Cummins (The Witch)
    7.Daniel Pollock (V-Deck)
    8.Damien Hunter (Kirby)

To This
    1.Diarmuid Busher (Bush)
    2.James Vincent (Blag)
    3.Simon Lau (Chuu)
    4.Mike Guilfoyle (Newtype)
    5.Jeff Yorke (Azza)
    6.Daniel Pollock (V-Deck)
    7.Patrick Cummins (The Witch)
    8.Chris Ly (Roogle)

Tier 2 Seeds have changed from this
    Roogle
    A-Trak
    Docter Doom
    Foamymushroom
    Sagat06
    Yerval

To this
    A-Trak
    Doctor Doom
    Foamymushroom
    Sagat06
    Yerval
    Cobelcog
    Kirby

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Boo urns! I win my first tourney a week ago and get relegated. Boo urns I say! :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kirby wrote: »
    Boo urns! I win my first tourney a week ago and get relegated. Boo urns I say! :p

Welcome to the special class. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I bloody love being in the special class!

Means I probably won't see Coblecog, Doom or Kirby in the group stages - 3 of my toughest match ups evah.

Me fail streetfigher? - unpossible.

A-Trak wrote: »
    I bloody love being in the special class!

Means I probably won't see Coblecog, Doom or Kirby in the group stages - 3 of my toughest match ups evah.

Me fail streetfigher? - unpossible.

I hadn't thought about that. You must find Dhalsim a bloody nightmare.

Depends on the number of groups, you might end up with one of those people in your group.

Cammy should not be too bad for Honda, Sim and Guile are pretty tough although surely Sagat is alot worse for Honda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i hope you all knock each other out in the winners bracket
    then some loser [aka me] will some how get an unpredictable win on one of you [preferably doom (my nemesis)] resulting in me being crowned as a hero, rebel . Robin hood .

Placebo wrote: »
    i hope you all knock each other out in the winners bracket
    then some loser [aka me] will some how get an unpredictable win on one of you [preferably doom (my nemesis)] resulting in me being crowned as a hero, rebel . Robin hood .

It's like that, is it?

*Practices 3rd strike just to be a dick*

Azza wrote: »
    Depends on the number of groups, you might end up with one of those people in your group.

Cammy should not be too bad for Honda, Sim and Guile are pretty tough although surely Sagat is alot worse for Honda.

Honda has a suprisingly tough time getting around Guile's zoning tactics (same reason Bison does).

...You just don't hear Honda players moaning about it as much. :D

I would not like to be stuck in a group with 2 other people on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Cammy as a matchup for me is ok as it goes, cobelcog is tough work though.

Sim and Guile are both bloody nightmares with their poxy zoning. The fact that both Kirby and Doom know exactly how to do this makes it a game of patience and turtling for me, not good.

And Sagat is indeed the worst Honda match up, but only the folks with no morals pick him luckily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't think Dragonslayers Ranbat results should affect the seedings for the Inferno Ranbats.

If they have numerous midweek ranbats (because they're a student society, not having a dig here) , then they'll all consistently be seeded higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

And Sagat is indeed the worst Honda match up, but only the folks with no morals pick him luckily.

What?! No mentioning of my name? No mention of "worse than hitler"?

Something's up with u today :D

Edit: Also, I kinda agree with chopper. Seems a bit harsh on kirby to be dropped out of the seeding because of something that happened to a different scene. I doubt that he would be seeded if he went up north for a tourny

I don't think Dragonslayers Ranbat results should affect the seedings for the Inferno Ranbats.

If they have numerous midweek ranbats (because they're a student society, not having a dig here) , then they'll all consistently be seeded higher.

1.They don't have numerous midweek ranbats. Dragonslayers only have 1 official ranbat every two weeks and it will be alternating between SF IV and Tekken 6 so in effect they have only 1 major SF IV ranbat a month which is
    roughly the same as our Inferno Ranbats. Only the official Dragonslayer ranbats are counted towards seeding and not any casual events they organize just like we do down here.

2.There is nothing stopping southern players from attending Dragonslayer events.

3.Seed list is pointless in my opinion if it does not reflect the entire player base of the country both north and south.

4. I'm sure if we asked the hosts of the northern events would ensure we are properly seeded.

2.There is nothing stopping southern players from attending Dragonslayer events.

To be fair dude, my job does. We keep ours to the weekend.

EDIT: Just to be perfectly clear, you're ultimately right, as the alternative is ending up a group of death to end all groups of death, and that's good for no one.

Realistically, the second tier are going to be bumped up to top anyways at most events as we rarely get the entire Northern compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Cammy as a matchup for me is ok as it goes, cobelcog is tough work though.

*sniff*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Its half way across the country, time and money is what stops players.
    Not like they come down much either, just a tad bit waste of time on your part.

More likely to benefit everyone but i can only seeing this being the case at a rare occasion

Advertisement