Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ranbat 6

Options
  • 12-11-2009 9:56pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Its time for another Inferno Ranbat.

Game: Street Fighter 4.
    Date: To be decided by poll.
    Starting time: 1:00PM
    Entry fee: €15.00
    Format: Xbox 360 and PS3
    Prize: €10.00 from each persons entry fee will be added to the prize pot.
    Pot Split: 60/30/10 for the top 3 finishers.

Format: Single set group stages, followed by best of 3 sets double elimination. Each set is best of 3 rounds.

Rules:
    All characters allowed.
    In game button binding allowed.
    Deliberate use of turbo will result in instant disqualification from the tournament.
    Double blind select available if requested to ensure no counter picking.
    Coin toss to be used if needed to decide preferred side select.
    Consistent disruptive behavior can result in disqualification.
    Pausing the game will forfeit the round being played, unless both players agree to restart. In the event of a dispute, one of the organizers will resolve the matter. His decision is final.

Seeding is as follows.
    1.Diarmuid Busher (Bush)
    2.Mike Guilfoyle (Newtype)
    3.Simon Lau (Chuu)
    4.James Vincent (Blag)
    5.Jeff Yorke (Azza)
    6.Patrick Cummins (The Witch)
    7.Daniel Pollock (V-Deck)
    8.Damien Hunter (Kirby)

If one of the top 8 can not attend Chris Ly (Roogle) will be moved into the top seeds.

Tier 2 Seeds
    Roogle
    A-Trak
    SDoom
    Foamymushroom
    Sagat06
    Yerval

The Groups:
    The top seeds will as much as possible not be drawn together in the group stages, but this is dependent on the number of participants. After the top seeds are placed, each group will then be randomly assigned one tier 2 seed. Everyone else will be randomly drawn into the groups.

Groups will be posted up to 2 days in advance of the tournament on this thread.

Who's hair is the most awesome in the Street Fighter Series? 23 votes

Guile
    0% 0 votes
    Guile
    47% 11 votes
    Guile
    52% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A date would be handy Azza!

;)

EDIT: Damn polls!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Fail chopper fail!

Quiet you!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I put down the 28th but I could make either date.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Im only back in the country on the 5th and I will be an easy win.

Also there is a charity boards comedy night that night and it'd be cool cross promoting the two as I am very vaguely slightly involved ish :)

• Advertisement

The witch has informed me that there is apparently some homoerotic Tekken 6 tournament on the 28th of November in the XGC. For that reason I reckon the 5th of December would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

28th.
    The sooner, the better.

LET'S GO! LET'S GO!
    *edit*
    Oh yeah, wait. If there's Tekken on the 28th, then there's no point in this poll, is there?

Azza, make it the 5th.

Azza wrote: »
    The witch has informed me that there is apparently some homoerotic Tekken 6 tournament on the 28th of November in the XGC. For that reason I reckon the 5th of December would be better.

I think it'd be pretty bad form to put it on the same day, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah put it down on the 5th, or make it the 5th and the following weekend for the poll. No point putting it down the same day as the Tekken one.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I can make either but I'd say the 5th would probably be better from an organisational point of view because of tekken...

• Advertisement

I voted for the 28th and I've offered to run the Tekken comp!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Sounds good. I should be able to make it down for either of those dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's Damien, Azza. That little piece of paper is like the bane of my existence :D

Kirby wrote: »
    It's Damien, Azza. That little piece of paper is like the bane of my existence :D

Wouldn't hold your breath, he's still calling me SDooM after 4 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Remember, remember the 5th of December!
    For rhyming reasons this is the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The 28th of November rhymes too, it just doesn't scan like the 5th of December (which is what I voted for).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

4th is my birthday, il be on all sorts of stuff, from horse tranquilizers to drink

28th nov ftw.

also 15s a bit steeps, why 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Sorry to be the wanker about this lads but I was kind of pushing for a Forza 3 meet for the 5th.

Don't see how that's anything to do with the Fighting Game forum Leprekaun!

Also @ Placebo, far as I know the last ranbat was done the same way - makes it a far bigger incentive for people to travel far from Dublin for the tournament if there's a decent prize pool. Everyone last time was happy to pay it anyway after some discussion in whatever the last thread was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont mind paying, i work full time, just for people that dont work.
    10 seems a plausible amount. tbh.
    Its not about the pool at the end of the day [specially if azza knows hes gonna win ;) lol jkn ]

• Advertisement

I don't work and I don't mind paying 15 (keep in mind it's 10 for the pool, 5 for the console rental, 15 total).

One rules question to Azza though: the rules in the OP state that pausing will cause the set to be forfeited. As far as I know in major tournaments, pausing only causes you to lose that round, not the whole set. Do you seriously lose an entire set for pausing during one round?

Sorry got confused Dreddy, I've changed that forfeit to just the round.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Sorry to be the wanker about this lads but I was kind of pushing for a Forza 3 meet for the 5th.

Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Thats gonna be a pain for the pad user's i.e. me and Xinkai as I always press start button to get things moving quickly between rounds lol

Oh yea, and ill be there, either day will suite me just fine, Just fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The pause thing is something that I don't really agree with at our level of play. It's always accidental and never malicious. I had somebody pause on me in a tourney and I also accidentally paused on somebody else. Both times we played on without incident.

If somebody paused on me, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I've had people pause on me a lot of times, I'll never complain about it because its always an accident but as a charge character it can completely throw off what you were doing, essentially you have to reset your situation and start again!

A charge character is generally thinking 2 or three steps ahead and it's very rare for the sticks position to be unimportant. There should be some deterrant to stop people from abusing that.

That said, I've never and would never demand a forfeit unless it was clearly obvious someone was doing it to throw me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Don't see how that's anything to do with the Fighting Game forum Leprekaun!

That is because I posted it in the xbox and racing sims forums where its meant to be Dreddybajs!

• Advertisement

Leprekaun wrote: »
    That is because I posted it in the xbox and racing sims forums where its meant to be Dreddybajs!

I think his point is if we don't have a video game event because some other forum is having one, we'll never get one going.

That's what it's like organising boards beers anyways, I spent ages trying to avoid other forums. Doesn't work.

Advertisement