Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ranbat 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Right, shall we make it whoever is there first gets the machines then? :P

But like there are SF meets every weekend and there haven't been any forza ones afaik. I guess we can sort something out on the day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Right, shall we make it whoever is there first gets the machines then? :P

But like there are SF meets every weekend and there haven't been any forza ones afaik. I guess we can sort something out on the day.

Forza's XBOX only, right? The PS3's are never that heavily used in there.

I reckon we should book machines in advance, I mean both meets. how many people are not going to play SF because of Forza/ vice versa? I could care less about racing games since Super Monaco GP on the Megadrive tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Ah yes, Super Monaco GP, that game was ahead of its time :). Spent hours and hours on that.

Yeah, fair enough. Like I said anyway, I'm pushing for a meet so just waiting to see if any interest builds up over the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm ok with either date although the 5th would give me more time to get my new stick ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kirby wrote: »
    The pause thing is something that I don't really agree with at our level of play. It's always accidental and never malicious. I had somebody pause on me in a tourney and I also accidentally paused on somebody else. Both times we played on without incident.

If somebody paused on me, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Any time it's happened so far to me I've had to problem playing on, but I wouldn't feel bad if anyone insisted on taking the round if I pressed start on someone - eg. last XGC thing I was playing Foamy and he paused during a round to answer his phone and I didn't mind (don't think he was aware of the pause rule in general at that time though). I did the same thing before at a previous tourney in a game vs Hmuya and expected to lose the round for it when I did it, just needed to take the call (he was nice enough to let us go on regardless though).

edit: And Lep, I was just pointing out that as far as I know there's no wankery aspect to that unless you're saying we should reschedule the SF4 meets just based on your calendar. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    he paused during a round to answer his phone

**** sake :pac: Id take a round for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

god forbid real life gets in the way of gaming :rolleyes:
    i agree with doom for one, it should be a lenient rule in my opinion.
    Unless it happens like it did to sagat at the LAN, think guy pressed it 10 times :(

Well there was no entry fee into that tourney anyway bush so I don't think people were too hardcore about enforcing the rules etc. In future tourneys I'd take the round though, and have no problem with someone else doing it if I paused.

Placebo wrote: »
    god forbid real life gets in the way of gaming :rolleyes:
    i agree with doom for one, it should be a lenient rule in my opinion.
    Unless it happens like it did to sagat at the LAN, think guy pressed it 10 times :(

Thats the kind of thing the rule is there for, tbh. 10 times? Who did that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Ah we'll leave him nameless, he was on a pad and he was gutted with himself for it happening.

• Advertisement

Thats the kind of thing the rule is there for, tbh. 10 times? Who did that?

not sure, i over heard him say it.
    if its a casual tournament like last week and my phone rings, i will be pickin that up. I think i once bet RY while on the phone, with one hand using a ps pad, in his defence he had only picked up sf4 at the time :D

Well there was no entry fee into that tourney anyway bush

Oh right, big difference. I wouldnt really care about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Ah we'll leave him nameless, he was on a pad and he was gutted with himself for it happening.

In the circumstances where it's obviously accidental I'd be inclined to let it go.

The only real issue for me would be a pause during a combo or losing charge because of it,as Doom already alluded to.

I can understand Dreddy letting Foamy off for answering his phone during a tourney match but there was no entrance fee/prize so it'd have been petty.

However,if someone paused to answer their phone in a real touney match I'd take the round,although I know Foamy wouldn't do that in a real match,just an example.

Ive had my phone ring during matches in the torunaments, I just ring back when im done.
    I think there should be an option of disabling pause for vs matches anyway.

Yeah, that'd be a nice feature - dunno if it would be possible to also disable the home/Guide buttons though. I'll just have to start remembering to hit the button lock on the SE. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I voted 28/11

Don't really mind December though, but would prefer it sooner rather than later.

In regards to pausing, I think the actual players should have some say in the matter. If someone pauses the game by accident during an Ultra animation or something like that it should be up to the other player to decide whether it justified the round being forfeited. Like if someone paused the game during a combo or during a crossup or if it happened more than once then I'd want the round forfeited.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Sounds good. I should be able to make it down for either of those dates.

Excellent. I finally pulled off c.spike - FADC - ultra btw! But not before Dreddy casually picked up the pad and pulled it off before me :/

Regarding the pause rule, the rule should be there to settle disputes, but ultimately it should be down to the other player if they want to take the round or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

A charge character is generally thinking 2 or three steps ahead and it's very rare for the sticks position to be unimportant. There should be some deterrant to stop people from abusing that.

That said, I've never and would never demand a forfeit unless it was clearly obvious someone was doing it to throw me off.

good to know:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Voted for the 5th.

As said there is a tekken tournament on the 28th and I believe there is a COD tournament on that day as well.

The pause rule is there in case of disputes. While most people will generally let it and just play on or restart, it's nice to have it there for any issues. For example if I hit EX legs while I have Ultra and someone pauses, I'm going to ask them to forfeit that round.

• Advertisement

Total fluke though Jim, was literally only able to do it once!

ayjayirl wrote: »
    good to know:D

Do it in a tournament and I WILL make you forfeit, cos it's you. :)

So I'm pretty sure we can put the pause thing to bed... the common consensus seems to be that it is at the discretion of the 'victim'. I would lean towards this, because only the person it happens to can say if it affected their strategy etc etc... because if its open to majority rules or anything like that you will get people disagreeing and chaos will ensue!!

For it to be at the discretion of the other player we need to have a rule on it anyway though. Honestly it's whoever is running the tournament that makes the decision, but they can be lenient if the other player doesn't think it should be punished (which I'm pretty sure is how we've already been doing things).

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I wont have my phone turned on during the next tourney or casual so no more pausing hah I thought it was the call for a job... tis why I paused.. lol

I wont have my phone turned on during the next tourney or casual so no more pausing hah I thought it was the call for a job... tis why I paused.. lol

i think pausers showed be banned from next tourney :)

I think everyone is agreeing.

For it to be at the discretion of the other player we need to have a rule on it anyway though. Honestly it's whoever is running the tournament that makes the decision, but they can be lenient if the other player doesn't think it should be punished (which I'm pretty sure is how we've already been doing things).

Who's running the tournament should decide if the rule is in place, but having them decide on the severity of a pause and if it should be punished is getting into a real dark area. Plus you would need that person to be officiating on each and every game in case it happens!

Yeah, which ideally should be happening anyway (also to enforce double blind selection if that's wished for by the players). The organisers of the compeition should always have the final say on the rules, not the players - like pretty much every respectable competition.

Basically every pause should be punished regardless of circumstance unless the other player speaks up by default. As seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQKT4KVoHM4

Obviously Jodo (Fuerte) is in an incredibly advantageous position, but he broke the rules, and lost the round by default. If the other player had spoken up and said nah, let's just go on, then do it, but otherwise he broke the rule and gets the punishment. Pretty much how it works in every respectable SF tournament afaik.

• Advertisement

I concede to your logic Dreddy, my suggestion keeps things too casual.

If you want to be taken seriously you have to do things right!!

Advertisement