Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP Poker Mini WSOP - Live Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

wd all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

well done to all who cashed at the weekend. Had a hurting beat late on day 2, for a 400g pot. My AA cracked by AJh with runner runner h (its my own fault for not having the A of hearts!). Played my AJ badly for a 600g pot against one of the ladies, (sorry, i am shocking with names) mid section on day 3 and then later the lovely jack on the river sends me packing. Really enjoyed the company of Rory, Tom, Dokey (have you ever noticed how close that is to 'donkey':rolleyes:), Rob, Cat and anybody else I had a chat with. Thanks to JP and the real brains behind the operation, Christine, for a great tournament and special mention to Carl for doing a great job on the blogging. This is the first time I got to read the thread and he did a wonderful job in putting the emotion of the hands into the blogs.

This is my last festival for a while and wish all well for the upcoming IPC in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Wow, well done to all boardsies who cashed - sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Jane obviously didn't learn her skillz from hatedajacks ;)

wd Marc also
    Thought her everything she knows Mate! So so proud of myself! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭aceofspades.ie

Kev... seem to remember she was a pretty good player before she met you... :D ... well done to everyone else who cashed in this and the side events, Well played Marc(unlucky) congrats to Mick on the side event well done... Myles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Tallamuner

Quick thanks to jp,christine and staff for the best structured tournament i have played,just wish they payed the bubble and my ak beat his k8.

keith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Thanks to JP & Co for a very well run event and congrats to Jane, Sinead and Mick on their results. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Great result Jane, fantastic.

Was there any deal done HU to flatten out the 8k difference in cash?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Cheers everyone, Jane played great final table, she had a good strategy of just reraising me everytime i raised he, seemed to keep her steadily increasing in chips. Fairly sure Matthias hittting the flush in the A high hand was for the best for JP as the lads were nicely ready to dance on the table. What time is the freeroll btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

wp marc. nice touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

Very well played Jane. Congrats ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

i THOUGHT IT WAS VERY WELL RUN, BUT THEN WHY WOULD I BE SURPRISED, ITS A JP EVENT FOR GOD'S SAKE

I PLAYED 1 HAND BRILLIANTLY AND 1 HAND VERY BADLY

THE ONE I PLAYED BRILLIANTLY I WON A MEGA POT AND THE ONE I DIDNT PLAY WELL, I SHOULD HAVE WON BUT ONLY LOST 4K
    WHICH WAS LIKE A WIN, CONSIDERING HOW BADLY I PLAYED IT

HAD A GOOD BIT OF CRAIC AT IT, WENT OUT 39TH, 6 OFF THE MONEY, WHAT AN IDIOT

KICKED MYSELF ALL THE WAY HOME, WELL, ONLY UNTIL MY SHOE FELL OFF

DEREK
    MAYBE NEXT TIME

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Great showing the weekend by boardsies. WP Jane and Marc in the ME. Seems lke the Belgians are the new French! Good result for a couple more boardsies in the side events and congrats to JP and co for what seems like a very well run event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

JP Poker wrote: »
    Chris Cooper Knocks out Big Al

In a hand Chris wouldn't repeat, Big Al lost his 300k stack. One player at the table told me Chris called 100k to hit a gutshot and binked the turn. Chris has 920k.

I don't think he appreciated big Als Cork wit
    as he arrived at the table with a mountain of
    chips (accumulated by a run of doggings) and felt invincible enough
    to risk a hit to his chips with some loose calls.

I was hoping to get a double up through him too,
    but my AKs was no match against his K10o and he
    took out a few others at the table.

Great tournament again by JP and crew,
    well run event in a good venue, great dealers,
    only negative, the half hour queue at dinner break.
    Look forward to the next deepstack tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

great festival, really enjoyable weekend and fantastic to see a few people we know getting nice results, particular congrats to Jane and Marc for their performances in the main, mickste in the 250 and cat for chopping the short handed......

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Thanks to Jp,Christine and all the staff another super weekend had by all.We don't realise how lucky we are to have these events for such a cheap price.

The main event was a bit of a grind for me but I took down Sundays triple shootout tournament which was a really enjoyable event.Congrats to all the other boardsies that cashed during the weekend and a special mention to Tom Kitt for taking down the 50€ sunday night sporting game after grinding all weekend in the Maldron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Toppers

Thanks to everyone for their cheers and support! It was a good final table, a mix of some v aggressive players vs people who never make a stand and try to blind away (lol the 1 minute think before calling with KK, what hands was he actually folding?!)!! Was a super experience for me! Most of my races held up, although I did go in ahead every single time!! Very unlycky, Marc, you took the calculated risk, you knew exactly what you were up against! Played super brilliant, defo the best player on final table! Gutted about one hand that would have given me the win when heads up. 1.5 times raise from small blind, I call. Flop K75. He checks, I check. Turn a K. He bets, I call. River 7. He pushes for all in. I fold. Shows pocket 3-s. My Q high would have been good for a Hollywood hero call. Even said it to myself but his pushing range could have been anything there so was too scared to take the risk. Anyway, very happy with my result. Thanks again everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

JP Poker wrote: »
    We Lose thomas Brady in 5th place

Thomas moved in with AQ in MP. JP dwelled for several minutes before calling with KK. The board brought no help for Brady and he's our 5th place finisher.

wp Tom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭copperfacegaz

Toppers wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for their cheers and support! It was a good final table, a mix of some v aggressive players vs people who never make a stand and try to blind away (lol the 1 minute think before calling with KK, what hands was he actually folding?!)!! Was a super experience for me! Most of my races held up, although I did go in ahead every single time!! Very unlycky, Marc, you took the calculated risk, you knew exactly what you were up against! Played super brilliant, defo the best player on final table! Gutted about one hand that would have given me the win when heads up. 1.5 times raise from small blind, I call. Flop K75. He checks, I check. Turn a K. He bets, I call. River 7. He pushes for all in. I fold. Shows pocket 3-s. My Q high would have been good for a Hollywood hero call. Even said it to myself but his pushing range could have been anything there so was too scared to take the risk. Anyway, very happy with my result. Thanks again everyone!

great result jane congratulations very well played (especially the QQ95 board wit 22 ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 neilmcg

just wanted to say had a great weekend and fair play to the guys who put on a great event.

1st 2 day tourney i have ever been involved in and finished 12th in the side game.. not too dissapointed but i know i should have done better...

Thanks again lads

Neil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Fantastic result Jane! You were short for so long, brilliant performance!

WP to Marc, vul. Mickste as usual put the monkeys in their place, vwp to him also.

Fantastic weekend as expected by JP, Christine & staff. Hotel was lovely, good choice of venue & tbf I think they certainly did their best to accommodate the large number for degens who invaded them for the weekend. The only short-coming was perhaps that the downstairs bar wasn't nearly well staffed enough, especially when over 100 people made their way into it on the break. That said it was a great weekend, with a great atmosphere & hopefully we'll have it again next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Thanks to Jp,Christine and all the staff another super weekend had by all.We don't realise how lucky we are to have these events for such a cheap price.

The main event was a bit of a grind for me but I took down Sundays triple shootout tournament which was a really enjoyable event.Congrats to all the other boardsies that cashed during the weekend and a special mention to Tom Kitt for taking down the 50€ sunday night sporting game after grinding all weekend in the Maldron.

Well done croc, how did craig do in the side event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭craigb

was a bit tired and forgot to say a big congrats to the croc aka sirtoyou aka the real keiran walsh:p:D:D well played bud , put on a serious string of performances through last week and when i was watching the shootout ft their was always only going to be one winner....
    also like to say very well played to mick stevens such a top class player and a real nice fella also .
    think thats about it now , nice to meet some new players around the irish scene and look forward to the next event:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

Where did you finish in the side event craig??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭craigb

gorfield wrote: »
    Where did you finish in the side event craig??

deal done with 4 left as the game was over basicly , blinds and antes were too high so we done deal and played on for trophy etc finished 2nd overall

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

Great stuff from Mark and Jane.Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

Really enjoyed this tourney. Day 1 nothin much happened finished the day with starting stack. Day 2 I cracked bottom feeders AK wit AJ after he made a great call after I had 5 bet all in. (Sorry Wes). After that hand I cruised into the chip lead and finihed the day on the 1m mark. I love the bubble......
    Started of great on day 3 and was up to 1.4m with 16 left. Then we break to 2 tables and Im put to Marcs direct right. Which is always a disaster. Got to the final table with 600k after alot of stuggle. Finished 6th. Was happy with how I played.

Fair play to all boardies that cashed, and to JP and is staff for a job well done.
    And great updating Carl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Well played Mick,how i wish i wasnt in work today,U tom and Rory were in some form,Jane was loving the rowdy support http://videos.jibjab.com/zf2/f92/a7j/obc/x3a/4bz/i25/feq.mpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭JP-Christine

JP Poker Mini WSOP Festival Results
    6th – 8th November 2009, Maldron Hotel, Tallaght, Dublin

€350 NLHE Main Event
    325 players
    Buyin €310 + €40 registration
    Total Prize Pool €100,750
    1st Matthias De Meulder €25,500
    2nd Jane Topkin €17,750
    3rd Marc Mc Donnell €10,000
    4th John Paul De Brouwer €7,550
    5th Thomas Brady €6,300
    6th Ciaran Taggart €4,550
    7th Sinead Fox €3,300
    8th John Hanaphy €2,250
    9th Stephen Rodgers €1,600
    10th Chris Cooper €1,250
    11th Jason Tompkins €1,250
    12th Phil Baker €1,250
    13th Keith Mitchell €1,250
    14th Rory Brown €1,250
    15th Ray Masters €1,075
    16th Brendan Smith €1,075
    17th Eric Nicholson €1,075
    18th Stephen Doyle €1,075
    19th James Tennyson €1,075
    20th Mick Mc Closkey €900
    21st Carl Scott €900
    22nd Warren Lane €900
    23rd John Fox €900
    24th James Waldron €900
    25th Alexander Persson €725
    26th Nick Morrison €725
    27th David O’Reilly Jr €725
    28th Paul Hanley €725
    29th Stephen Kearney €725
    30th Alan Kelleher €550
    31st Daniel Dodet €550
    32nd Seamus Birt €550
    33rd JP O’Leary €550

€250 NLHE Side Event
    134 players
    €220 + €30 registration
    Total Prize Pool €29,480
    1st Noel Mc Mahon €8,250
    2nd Craig Burke €5,350
    3rd Pascal Leblanc €4,000
    4th Mick Stephens €2,760
    5th Graham Masters €2,000
    6th Badre Bennadi €1,520
    7th James O’Dwyer €1,275
    8th Diarmuid O’Brien €1,050
    9th Vinnie Mc Namee €850
    10th Dave Kinlan €675
    11th Paul Curran €500
    12th Neil Mc Groarty €500
    13th Thomas Adnet €375
    14th John Cassidy €375

€150 PLO
    26 players
    €130 + €20 registration
    Total Prize Pool €3,380
    1st Wayne Condron €1,600
    2nd Kaz Alai €900
    3rd Paul Carr €680
    4th Roy Brindley €200

€150 NLHE Triple Shoot Out
    59 players
    €125 + €25 registration
    Total Prize Pool €7,375
    1st William Walsh €2,500
    2nd Vivaldi Spartaco €1,650
    3rd Platon Spyrou €1200
    4th Daniel Dodet €925
    5th John Mc Gill €675
    6th Alain Gallet €425

€150 NLHE Short Handed
    88 players
    €125 + €25 registration
    Total Prize Pool €11,000
    1st Gerard Morgan €3,200
    2nd Maxime Dagorn €2,000
    3rd Cat O’Neill €1,500
    4th Kieran Cullen €1,175
    5th Rob Taylor €925
    6th Sebastien Guerlinze €725
    7th Breifne Earley €575
    8th Barry Dunphy €425
    9th Thai €275
    10th Glen Laming €200

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

best tournament ever. ul marc, yet another good showing mr. stephens and obv fantastic result jane! nice work from the whole jp poker crew, i wish they ran this every month.

Advertisement