Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bin Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lark24

[Originally Posted by Des View Post
    I think the Greyhound rep has disappeared.

On the off chance he reads this again]

Hi GreyhoundD22.

Is this mean I can put ALL plastic bags, yoghurt cartons, butter trays and plastic films as well into green bin? And one more thing . What about the metal lids from e.g. jam jars?
    And why Panda (Fingal) has listed only selected types of recycling plastic
    1 –PETE , 2 – HDPE , 4 - LDPE 5 -- PP.

Many Thanks for the answer.

(In this way waste companies maybe shoul thing about supplying 2-3 bins for dirrrent materials.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

An un-ashamed bump for this thread in case mr.greyhound pops his head in. My green bin collection is usually monday,continued that way despite the calender being out of date since august. Curious as to whether it'll be collected this monday(bank holiday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

I'm wondering how I can get replacement green bags and a collection calendar. Have emailed greyhound repeatedly and have had no joy. Is there anywhere else I can get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Green bags? I've never been supplied with "green bags" from the company, what are they?

Also, you could download and print an up-to-date calendar from the website.

Click here, then go to the bottom right to the "Download your collection calendar" link, and get it there.

In fact, just downloading it and saving it to your desktop would be more green than having a paper copy.

Save The Trees!

:)

Des wrote: »
    Green bags? I've never been supplied with "green bags" from the company, what are they?

You must have a green wheelie bin. In my area, recycling is collected in green bags and they will only take green bags, yet won't supply me with any replacement ones. Bit of a catch 22 really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GreyhoundD22

spurious wrote: »
    Or replacement bags (North Strand area)?

I work in a school trying to implement the Green Schools initiative, but at the moment there seems to be some difficulties between Greyhound and DCC, which I don't fully understand but in the heel of the hunt, we have loads of recyclables not being collected and going off in skips at a cost to the school and the environment.

I'll use this particular thread to apologise for my silence. For some reason I stopped receiving notification of messages to existing threads, and I was on looking for something else when I saw that this thread is alive and well.

Spurious - will you email marketing@greyhoundrecycling.com and I'll put you in touch with the person who looks after schools & apartments re green bin collection?

We're in the process of moving schools to a fortnightly collection, but to date, due to logistic issues, this has not been as easy as we first thought it would be.

cosnochta wrote: »
    You must have a green wheelie bin. In my area, recycling is collected in green bags and they will only take green bags, yet won't supply me with any replacement ones. Bit of a catch 22 really.

Folks

Less than 20,000 customers are classified as bag users. Over 95% of these are located within the canals. As some people have remarked, bags are used where there are access issues.

If you want to order bags or enquire if you are a bag or wheelie bin customer, use the contact section at http://www.greenbin.ie/contact-us.html. You'll note a drop-down option on the menu bar called 'subject'.

You might also like to know that for those who currently use the Green Bag, we will be moving to 'clear' bags in January 2010 for the collection as too many people are putting rubbish in them and leaving them out for collection. We have factored that the clear bag will reduce contamination.

I hope this helps.

sdonn wrote: »
    Just a quick question for Greyhound, I know they aren't the only ones that do this.

Why can bin companies not leave bins at the kerb where they found them? At the very least, bins should not be tossed back into driveways - this causes people to have to stop the car in the middle of the road while they move the bin.

Again you're not the only ones to blame - it seems to be acceptable practice - but for the sake of no real extra work it would be so much safer.

I don't mind the bins being together, it's no hassle to get it from the next house down rather than directly outside. But please, please put them up on the kerb where we leave them or at the very least, not blocking driveways.

We take this type of thing seriously. Please email customercare@greyhoundrecycling.com stating the street and date of collection when this type of thing happens. Occasionally kids will kick over bins, but there's no doubt that not all our crews will leave a bin back in the proper way.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Des wrote: »
    I think the Greyhound rep has disappeared.

On the off chance he reads this again, is there any chance of getting a new Calendar? The one on our fridge is gone out of date.

Telephone 1890 342 342 or email customercare@greenbin.ie, stating where you live. A new calendar will then be sent to you.

Alternatively, go to www.greenbin.ie and access the calendar from the home page (follow instructions to download).

lord lucan wrote: »
    An un-ashamed bump for this thread in case mr.greyhound pops his head in. My green bin collection is usually monday,continued that way despite the calender being out of date since august. Curious as to whether it'll be collected this monday(bank holiday).

When a bank holiday occurs, the collection will always be on the previous Saturday.

For more information log on to www.greenbin.ie.

• Advertisement

Kia07 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me what day green bins are collected in Ongar, we are in new estate, barnwell hansfield?

Also would ye know who do i get brown bin from??

Ongar, we have had problems in the Barnwell area, and they're totally our fault - sorry.

We went through a process of route rationalisation and management in September throughout the Fingal area. Neither of our mapping systems had Barsnwell on the system and due to subsequent internal errors, it remained like that even when it was brought to our attention.

This has now been rectified and your next collection will be Wednesday 11 November and then every fortnight thereafter.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

GreyhoundD22

If you want to order bags or enquire if you are a bag or wheelie bin customer, use the contact section at http://www.greenbin.ie/contact-us.html. You'll note a drop-down option on the menu bar called 'subject'.

I hope this helps.

I have done this at least three seperate times over the last six weeks and have received no reply and no bags.

Telephone 1890 342 342 or email customercare@greenbin.ie, stating where you live. A new calendar will then be sent to you.

I have also done this six weeks ago and have not received a calendar.

cosnochta wrote: »
    I have also done this six weeks ago and have not received a calendar.

Cosnochta, if this is the case, that's not acceptable.

Please drop me a note to marketing@greyhoundrecycling.com with name and address and I will investigate.

Thanks, GreyhoundD22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

You might also like to know that for those who currently use the Green Bag, we will be moving to 'clear' bags in January 2010 for the collection as too many people are putting rubbish in them and leaving them out for collection. We have factored that the clear bag will reduce contamination.

Hi Greyhound, what's the story with reducing contamination in the green wheelie bins? I live in flatland, and some of my neighbours throw anything and everything into the green bin - overflowing bins of general waste still get collected by your teams and go into the same truck as my carefully washed, flattened and organised recyclables.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

Cosnochta, if this is the case, that's not acceptable.

Please drop me a note to marketing@greyhoundrecycling.com with name and address and I will investigate.

Thanks, GreyhoundD22

Greyhound22, there seems to be a lot of problems still in Dublin 15 ! Green bins in Beechfield Estate collected after 8pm this evening, most are put out the evening before, you really need to get a grip with all these problems, there was no problem with prevoius provider, bins would be collected by 7.30am, now its anytime after 6pm , who is going to come around the estate and pick up the papers that blew around the estate today?

cuckoo wrote: »
    Hi Greyhound, what's the story with reducing contamination in the green wheelie bins? I live in flatland, and some of my neighbours throw anything and everything into the green bin - overflowing bins of general waste still get collected by your teams and go into the same truck as my carefully washed, flattened and organised recyclables.

Yes, I understand your frustration and when I lived in an apartment a few years ago, I experienced the same problem.

Would you like to be proactive on our behalf? I could send you some leaflets for you to put in letterboxes and on display boards. Additionally, if you let me know the name of the management company, I'll have someone contact them to see if they can put our messages too.

Do your wheelie bins have stickers from Greyhound? Again, let me know where the complex is located and I'll have someone call around to put stickers on them.

You can also go on to www.greenbin.ie and download information from there.

Beechman wrote: »
    Greyhound22, there seems to be a lot of problems still in Dublin 15 ! Green bins in Beechfield Estate collected after 8pm this evening, most are put out the evening before, you really need to get a grip with all these problems, there was no problem with prevoius provider, bins would be collected by 7.30am, now its anytime after 6pm , who is going to come around the estate and pick up the papers that blew around the estate today?

I've asked for this query to be investigated and will revert back accordingly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Due for collection today in North Strand - bags still all there as of 25 past 8 this evening.
    If they are not collected tonight do we leave them out again to be blown around the road like today, or keep them for another fortnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Dublin 13, Sutton/Bayside area - collection was due yesterday 13/11/2009.

Again, not collected, its now 12.20 and still not collected. After the winds yesterday and last night, the place is covered in paper litter. Have already been out for a walk and picking stuff up to place back in bins.

You call the office and they don't even have an answering machine service to leave a message, let alone give options as to what to so if there is a missed collection.

Personally, since I started paying the annual bin charges, the service has gone down hill. Telling us to place bins outside by 7am and 29 hours later, they still have not been emptied!

• Advertisement

cute_cow wrote: »
    Dublin 13, Sutton/Bayside area - collection was due yesterday 13/11/2009.

Again, not collected, its now 12.20 and still not collected. After the winds yesterday and last night, the place is covered in paper litter. Have already been out for a walk and picking stuff up to place back in bins.

You call the office and they don't even have an answering machine service to leave a message, let alone give options as to what to so if there is a missed collection.

Personally, since I started paying the annual bin charges, the service has gone down hill. Telling us to place bins outside by 7am and 29 hours later, they still have not been emptied!

Since this particular incident, how has the service been for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Since this particular incident, how has the service been for you?

The couple of times I left the bin out, it has been collected, but its getting later and later each time. The last time I put it out, it was about 7 that night when I was collected.

I wasn't here over the Christmas/New Year period so I don't know what the service was like, but will be putting it out for collection on Friday of this week, so will see then!

And I beleive of dates were changed again too, thats 3 different calendars I received in the last 3 months!!

The couple of times I left the bin out, it has been collected, but its getting later and later each time. The last time I put it out, it was about 7 that night when I was collected.

I wasn't here over the Christmas/New Year period so I don't know what the service was like, but will be putting it out for collection on Friday of this week, so will see then!

And I beleive of dates were changed again too, thats 3 different calendars I received in the last 3 months!!

Thanks for that. In the general Finglas area we had issues with calendar deliveries and that has caused us a lot of issues. The knock-on effect has meant that some routes have changed along with collection times.

Please continue to put your bin out at 07.00 and let me know if it hasn't been emptied on the day of collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

When is the green bins around the D1 area being collected? (eg. abbey street)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Thanks for that. In the general Finglas area we had issues with calendar deliveries and that has caused us a lot of issues. The knock-on effect has meant that some routes have changed along with collection times.

Actually, I was wondering about that, I'm in D11 (Claremont Court off the Finglas Road) and I'm now confused about when the green bins get collected, it seems a week may have been skipped or else i'm going mad. Was there a new calendar issued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If you go to www.greenbin.ie you can download the new calender...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can expanded polystyrene (as used for packing large electrical goods) be put in the green bags?

spurious wrote: »
    Can expanded polystyrene (as used for packing large electrical goods) be put in the green bags?

No, it cannot. Although it's 'technically' plastic, it's the only form that cannot be put into the green bin.

I would suggest that you take it to your local recycling centre as they normally have a bin dedicated for this material.

When is the green bins around the D1 area being collected? (eg. abbey street)

There is more than one collection route on Abbey Street. If you supply the number I will double check for you.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

oi, stop showing off you received 3 calenders! we havent received one since the old one ran out, despite many phone calls to the office.

and yes, i know i download the timetable on the internet but its a pain in the hole to have to turn on the computer, and hope you can get on to the site to find out if you can put your bins out.

i am in Finglas by the way

Advertisement