Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is something going to happen on October 25th?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm not taking a dig at you or anyone else.
    I'm simply questioning the logic behind what you are saying, or more to the point, what your motivation is for saying it.
    It seems like you're wasting your own time and you don't even realise it. That's fine if you want to do that.
    So what if someone wants to believe some odd theory? Will you not be happy until everyone agree's with you? Can you not be contented with the fact that the majority already do. Surely people have a right to have their own opinions and we should celebrate this diversity even if it does seem strange.
    I personally don't care what people think, and I certainly don't think that because of one thread on a forum that is a little bit strange, is the world going to come to an end.
    To be completely honest with you, I think this thread would have ended a long time a go were it not for the tit for tat arguments that have clogged it. You have every right to voice you opinions, but I also have the right to ask why you would waste your time battling against a vague theory that most people would happily ignore, it kind of feels like you're acting as the champion of popular opinion, only no one really cares that you acting in that capicity. That's just my observation, and I'm sure you disagree, but you can be assured that I'm not taking a cheap shot at you or anyone else.
    And again some people are taking this and other such predictions seriously.

You seem to be of the opinion that opinions put forth on a public discussion forum shouldn't be challenged.

But then that's not the topic of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

King Mob wrote: »
    And again some people are taking this and other such predictions seriously.

You seem to be of the opinion that opinions put forth on a public discussion forum shouldn't be challenged.

But then that's not the topic of this thread.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be challenged, nor does it seem that I feel that way.
    On the contrary I have said that you have every right to challenge them.
    I simply wonder why you challenge soft targets that are of no real significance.

I've just called you out on why you spend your time stating the obvious and you feel that a clever way to reply is to use back seat modding and misrepresentation.

I don't see what harm can be done by saying something big may happen on a cerain date. Posting a topic on a forum about that doesn't hurt anyone, it's not as if the author is going around sticking a gun in people's faces and telling them to believe thier theory or else, there's no crime being commited here, so therefor I questioned your response to the topic.
    If I was to take a guess, stating the obvious in this case just made you feel big, but that's another topic altogether.

And if some people do take these predictions seriously, what business is that of yours?
    That is indicative of an extremely condescending attitude.
    Just because someone believes in something you think is daft, that doesn't mean you have a right to tell them not to believe it.
    How arrogant do you have to be to make a statement like that?
    Are the small group of people who believe that something big is going to happen on October 25th going to form some sort of malevolent group bent on world domination, with only you in the way to stop them?
    I'm astounded that anyone could be that arrogant.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Bushfires are all consuming, and last for days, Earthquakes and Tsunamis are intense but brief by comparison.

Fires consume vast amounts of resoursces, either through fire itsel or the resoursces to fight the fire,and then only after the fires are out can the cleanup operation start.

So Yeah, Fires would be a much bigger strain on resoursces than earthquakes or Tsunamis.

Would it be in Chinas interest to colapse the Dollar???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I'm not saying people shouldn't be challenged, nor does it seem that I feel that way.
    On the contrary I have said that you have every right to challenge them.
    I simply wonder why you challenge soft targets that are of no real significance.
    Because I'm expressing my opinion on an open forum on a topic that interests me?
    I'm not targeting anything for anything.
    I've just called you out on why you spend your time stating the obvious and you feel that a clever way to reply is to use back seat modding and misrepresentation.
    I'm pointing out the fact that this has nothing to do with the thread and that you seem more interested in talking about me than the topic.
    I don't see what harm can be done by saying something big may happen on a cerain date. Posting a topic on a forum about that doesn't hurt anyone, it's not as if the author is going around sticking a gun in people's faces and telling them to believe thier theory or else, there's no crime being commited here, so therefor I questioned your response to the topic.
    And what harm am I doing by pointing out the flaws in the logic of these "predictions."

But why disagree with anyone and have a different opinion?
    If I was to take a guess, stating the obvious in this case just made you feel big, but that's another topic altogether.
    Yea my life is just that sad.

You've discovered my terrible secret.

So what have my motivations have to do with anything exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    The US defaults on their debt?

This is probably going to be the next "big thing" but having said that, i don't think its likely to happen in the next 48hrs. The US are increasing their National debt by just under $4 Billion per DAY, and it now stands just short of $12 Trillion. According to the National debt clock it looks something like this.... $11,954,949,962,059.30 And we think we have problems ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

It could take 4 - 10 years as china needs to keep giving them money or they stand to lose out as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

This has nothing to do with the thread, and arguably nothing to do with the forum.

If you want to discuss King Mob's motivations with him, PM him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

King Mob wrote: »
    Because I'm expressing my opinion on an open forum on a topic that interests me?
    I'm not targeting anything for anything.

I'm pointing out the fact that this has nothing to do with the thread and that you seem more interested in talking about me than the topic.

And what harm am I doing by pointing out the flaws in the logic of these "predictions."

But why disagree with anyone and have a different opinion?

Yea my life is just that sad.

You've discovered my terrible secret.

So what have my motivations have to do with anything exactly?

Listen, I give up.
    You win.
    Everyhting I said was wrong and you can say whatever you like about anything, those are the rules obviously.
    Say whatever you want, anything I say will result in my recieving an infraction or ban from here on in so there's no point in there being any further discussion.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Bushfires are all consuming, and last for days, Earthquakes and Tsunamis are intense but brief by comparison.

Fires consume vast amounts of resoursces, either through fire itsel or the resoursces to fight the fire,and then only after the fires are out can the cleanup operation start.

So Yeah, Fires would be a much bigger strain on resoursces than earthquakes or Tsunamis.

Are you really trying to suggest that a Bush fire is a bigger deal than the last major Californian quake, or the Asian Tsunami.

I'll give you a clue the Asian Tsunami killed 250,000 people. :rolleyes:

Would it be in Chinas interest to colapse the Dollar???

No. Thats been made very clear, you're just choosing to ignore it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

The fires that are caused by Earthquakes are far more dangerous than the Earthquake itself.

the Tsunami in Indonesia was fairly intense alright, but thats more down to the population density of those areas, look at the Tsunami in Tonga/Fiji last month had a much lower casualty rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

The fires that are caused by Earthquakes are far more dangerous than the Earthquake itself.

because the fires happen on the back of broken gas mains and electrical outages, with no water pressure due to burst pipes. And these happen in built up residential areas.
    the Tsunami in Indonesia was fairly intense alright, but thats more down to the population density of those areas, look at the Tsunami in Tonga/Fiji last month had a much lower casualty rate.

200,000 People died in the 2001 Tsunami, and you think thats "fairly intense"

You're talking nonsense.

Have you seen any evidence that the dollar drops during forest fire seasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Diogenes wrote: »
    You're talking nonsense.

Banned for 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

something will happen...something big.

something will happen...something big.

Like?

Also, can I asked what leads you to believe that something "big" will happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

6th wrote: »
    Like?

liverpool will hockey united;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I don't think any of the sources are credible. It's quite funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

Well it's the 25th now Australia and will continue to be the 25th until 10am 26th Dublin time in Honolulu, so let's wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

I believe that tomorrow will see the fall of a great power in the world. There have been many losses leading up to it, including freak accidents that officials should've stopped but didn't.

Tomorrow, at around 3.45pm, the man in charge will be sacked, the people pulling the strings behind him will make more stupid decisions to add to the ones they've already made, and will ultimately cause this once-feared force dwindle away into mediocrity.

Tomorrow, I predict that
    Man United will beat Liverpool

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭tim0ney

Also, tomorrow marks the 47th anniversary of the birth of Nick Hancock, presenter of the hit BBC show DIY SOS. If that's not something big, then I don't know what is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Something similar to this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 EXODUS251022

we wont have long to wait and see
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

I stayed in My underground bunker ALL day for this?????
    I am so angry now i might just go and fulfill the OP.s prophecy,HIS doom!:D

Oh NO I put My calender forward not my clock,Oh well back to the bunker :D

ynotdu wrote: »
    I stayed in My underground bunker ALL day for this?????
    I am so angry now i might just go and fulfill the OP.s prophecy,HIS doom!:D

Oh NO I put My calender forward not my clock,Oh well back to the bunker :D

Well you should have put your clock back:pac:, you'll come out of your bunker 2 hours early and be doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Well you should have put your clock back:pac:, you'll come out of your bunker 2 hours early and be doomed.

Lol from my cold dark bunker:)

No clock in bunker i lose All sense of time&space,but Hey i do that normally anyways:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Still nothing....

DigiGal wrote: »
    Still nothing....

Well its early yet, and we have 25 hours today so who knows:eek:

Goodbye all, I mean goodnight all, see you all tomorrow i hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

of course something big is gonna happen today!

Man United and Liverpool at 2 o clock!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I know what it is, someone managed to break into skynews and put the clocks back an hour. Well done lads oh wait the clocks went back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

Just over 7 hours left, any nuclear explosions in Washington yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Just over 7 hours left, any nuclear explosions in Washington yet?

Not that I know of anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

I think someone threw one of those banger things, does that count?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Theres gonna be a nuclear explosion in my pants when the gf gets home tonight.

That should cause world wide repercussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Does she not get you to take them off?:D

Ok I'm going through this thread later and infracting/banning people.

Mod Warning: Any more piss taking and people will be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I was away at the weekend, did I miss the event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Yep Liverpool took United apart. Fairly shocking all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

its the 28th and still nothing has happened.. what a surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Can't wait to see what will be said when the 25th comes and none of this stuff happens. What will be the excuse then?

As usual their won't be any excuses because people can just post links up and hope they are right, the orginal poster thought the dollar was going to collapse he didnt even bother checking what day of the week it was, where he would've seen it was a sunday. Thus realizing that the stockmarkets wouldn't be open and noot making him appear as silly as he now does.

But don't hold your breath waiting on the op to reply he won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

its the 28th and still nothing has happened.. what a surprise

Ah well, the next one should be along fairly soon I imagine.

The OP is currently serving out a ban on this forum which he received on the 24th so cant hold it against him for not replying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

anyone tell me what happened then?

i think i missed it :p

Advertisement