Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The X Factor...

• 04-10-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who doesn't have an undying passion for this programme? Watching Simon Cowell be a stuck-up prick half the time and then the other have oggling Cheryl Cole. If it was just a slide show of photos of Cheryl Cole, I'd personally love the programme and invest much of my time in it like every other peon.

However, this is interrupted by annoying contestants, Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh. Then there's abit of singing in there too.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a sh**? 116 votes

Yes, you're the only one
    0% 0 votes
    No, I'm with you
    28% 33 votes
    The X Factor is alright...y'know...
    37% 44 votes
    I'm too old to know what The X Factor is...and who's Simon Cowell?
    31% 37 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Thanks for this. Now all the shite can be filtered into one convenient easy-to-avoid place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

TBH i just watch it during the auditions to laugh at the ones who think they are brilliant put are really unbelievably sh!t.

the ones who argue with the judges saying im great you'll regret not picking me yada yada yada are the best ones IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've never really watched it. Might watch it the odd time at the start when all the terrible people are still on it.
    It annoys me how obsessed people get over it, I signed onto facebook last night and pretty much everyones status was x factor related.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I do like watching it and I neevr miss it but by later today I wont really care about it until next Saturday. I seriously just walked into my classroom this mornng and 5 people asking did I watch it and what did i think?? I then started saying 'See The Stars' raced brilliently(the irish racehorse that won) I never saw so many blank faces :D:D

Oh yeh so I went for the first option coz compared to most people here im obsessed.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Where's the Atari Jaguar option? :p Yeah, it's crap, I got bored of it 6 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

More importantly, why is there an atari jaguar option? Almost no one will get it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Voted for "It's alright" - It's watchable but I wouldn't go out of my way especially for it.
    There was one really good singer on it last year (Ruth Lorenzo) but I haven't been following it much this year so I don't know who's good or not.

All I know is those gimp twins from Dublin should be tortured mercilessly voted out.

The female judges are grand, and Cowell can be funny at times, but Louis Walsh is a prat of the highest order.

So basically, if they got rid of all the Irish people involved, it would be a great show! :pac:

Fad wrote: »
    More importantly, why is there an atari jaguar option? Almost no one will get it.......
    It sounds funny but yeh I don't get it! :o Elaborate please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

yeah i dont get that atari jaguar one either

nor that add that used to be on a few years back where some bloke stands up and says in a truly stupid dublin accent "i dont know what a tracker mortage is"

i think alot of people didnt know what a tracker mortage was and the funny thing is now they will never know HA!HA!HA!:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Atari Jaguar, for those who didn't know.

• Advertisement

thank you an file... Also that tracker mortgage one is brilliant, never fails to make of laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

No there's two I don't know options. :( How do you not know if you like or hate something? If you're mid way you've the alright option. Ignorance is not acceptable.

The Atari Jaguar is a dying breed, I much would prefer a Commodore 64 option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

deise_girl wrote: »
    It sounds funny but yeh I don't get it! :o Elaborate please? :)
    lucky-colm wrote: »
    yeah i dont get that atari jaguar one either

I'm old :(

X factor is ****e. Do they not notice that even if you win you just get like two god awful singles, some sort of "album" that charts at like number 15 (and only that high because somebody thick enough to want to hear the ALBUM tracks of an X factor winner is probably too thick to figure out how to steal music) and then disappear? And what is up with the crying?? I have young kids in my family too, I don't weep openly every time they're even MENTIONED.

Haven't watched it at all this year but these twins have filtered through to my hearing so they must be awful

I'm old :(

X factor is ****e. Do they not notice that even if you win you just get like two god awful singles, some sort of "album" that charts at like number 15 (and only that high because somebody thick enough to want to hear the ALBUM tracks of an X factor winner is too probably too thick to figure out how to steal music) and then disappear? And what is up with the crying?? I have young kids in my family too, I don't weep openly every time they're even MENTIONED.
    The crying is part of the X Factor, you need looks, Simon Cowell licking your arse, a reasonable sense of style and most important a sob-story. No matter how lame your sob-story (*sniff* my great-great grandfather died two years ago *cry cry sob etc*) the tears will always garner the votes.

I like having an Atari Jaguar option, but there's no point! It's funny, but if it has to be explained, the humour is kinda lost.

Fad wrote: »
    I like having an Atari Jaguar option, but there's no point! It's funny, but if it has to be explained, the humour is kinda lost.
    Do you really genuinely laugh though when you see it in a poll?

jumpguy wrote: »
    Do you really genuinely laugh though when you see it in a poll?

Well I actually think it's funny, and the fact I so seldomly see it (Dont really use After Hours), I suppose I do laugh.......

It's a damning assessment of the X factor when, in a thread specifically about it, most people prefer discussing the merits of Atari Jaguar. :pac:

It's a damning assessment of the X factor when, in a thread specifically about it, most people prefer discussing the merits of Atari Jaguar. :pac:
    I call it hope for mankind.

And me procrastinating with my homework...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The Twins..
    Angry_Man.jpg
    ^This is a ridiculous and highly irrelevant way of describing how I feel about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I probabaly wouldnt as much interest in it this year if the twins weren't in it.
    Think they are seriously a laugh like.
    :D

The majority find them annoying (which i dont get :confused:) but I find them hilarious! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

All I know is those gimp twins from Dublin should be tortured mercilessly voted out.

Could NOT agree more, I never particularly like Louis Walsh but after that I hate him now!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

cherrycool wrote: »
    Could NOT agree more, I never particularly like Louis Walsh but after that I hate him now!

ye defo those two little runts are an embarresment to the country, i suggest public flogging:cool:

dannym08 wrote: »
    ye defo those two little runts are an embarresment to the country, i suggest public flogging:cool:

I assume that's a typo....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Careful now! ;)

Just to explain to the people weren't arsed to click an file's link, atari jag is for people who have no opinion on the subject but want to vote anyway. It's a time honoured tradition.

^^LOL

I think people are being really rude about John and Edward. I mean people are going insulting them personally, not even just name calling but being really rude and its not fair on them, they dont even know the people. The show is most likely edited anyway to make everything seem more 'OMG' (the big thing about lloyd and ethian) and the two 17yr olds are getting really bad insults everywhere. Even on another forum on boards people were saying stuff, not repeating coz im not being banned and its seriusly just mean and unfair. It's not ther fault they were picked, if you must blame someone be it Louie(sp)

And its only because of all this that I want them to do well, coz i think eevryone is against them and it must feel horrible.

Ps. I feel like their mother or something posting this :p:p I am just an annoyed X Factor viewer, not related in any way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I agree.
    Sure if they didn't act like that they wouldn't have gotten through at all, i'm sure the producers made them out to be a lot worse than they are but i don't know them so i can't really judge ;)
    They make it more interesting anyway.

I didn't like the new format this year though. It's too much Britains Got Talent, they'd do anything to boost the ratings. Also don't like the sob stories, i know they're horrible things too happen but don't exploit them to get famous! : ]

I didn't like the new format this year though. It's too much Britains Got Talent, they'd do anything to boost the ratings. Also don't like the sob stories, i know they're horrible things too happen but don't exploit them to get famous! : ]

Yeah thats what i thuoght. Just a way for them to earn more money buy selling tickets. It takes away the big 'getting to eprform infront of an audience' for the live shows though. They've already sang infront of audiences :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Hated it for years... Started watching it last year because it was all that was talked about in double Business first thing on Monday morning... Now I'm mildly obsessed. :o

Though, if John and Edward stay much longer, I can quite easily see myself not watching it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and I really liked it! I haven't seen it since though. We also watched America's got talent and that was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

THe sob stories really piss me off. I know the stuff that happened to them is really bad and like sometimes I do feel sad for them myself when I'm watching it but you just know that a person is going to get through when they are introduced as say 'mary who is recovering from the death of her dog' or whatever. So they all just annoy me.

Also there are moments that are just sooooo obviously a set up. A few weeks ago there was a young couple who had just broken up or something and of course the judges ask all the right questions and turn the whole thing into a saga... Yawn.

And then there is Cheryl Cole. I'm sorry but I do not buy her. It's like she knows what she's doing, being the caring judge and all that. I just feel she is being very clever and building up this image as the nation's sweetheart. I really, really don't like her.

It;s not jealously of her looks of anything, I swear... :P

But overall, those things annoy me but despite them I do watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

dannym08 wrote: »
    TBH i just watch it during the auditions to laugh at the ones who think they are brilliant put are really unbelievably sh!t.

the ones who argue with the judges saying im great you'll regret not picking me yada yada yada are the best ones IMO

Ye I used to do dat too but this yr they're in front of a crowd so they never argue!.

The new format is ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

ohthebaby wrote: »
    THe sob stories really piss me off. !

Ye me too.

I hate da way CC and the minogue one ALWAYS cry. Does my head in but dey'd both well get it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

They do it to get attention, really annoys me because it's not just with the sob stories it's everytime someone sings a sad song :confused:
    I'm looking forward to the next show though ; ]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Lucie... nom nom:pac:

I think it's a grand show, it's fairly addictive and good fun to watch.

Niall09 wrote: »
    Lucie... nom nom:pac:

you obviously havent seen lloyd yet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

you obviously havent seen lloyd yet :cool:

Just cos I watch Xfactor you think im gay?! I feel like Chandler now :(

Niall09 wrote: »
    Just cos I watch Xfactor you think im gay?! I feel like Chandler now :(

You watch friends too?

I think my suspicions about you are correct...

Dunno what yee've been eating but Joe is obviously going to win!! :D

• Advertisement

The scum is on again. I'm not even watching it and I can hear Simon Cowell's smug (from the living room). How I'd love to give him my best shot across the face...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I watched it for the first time ever last night... there were only two of us staying in Dublin for the weekend in my flat and m'flatmate wanted to watch it.. and I didn't want to be sitting alone on my room.

So yeah. It was possibly the biggest load of crap ever. I felt embarrassed watching it... I cringed at least 10 times. OH GOD.
    What is wrong with you people?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Kandy Rain didn't get through:(

bythewoods wrote: »

So yeah. It was possibly the biggest load of crap ever. I felt embarrassed watching it... I cringed at least 10 times. OH GOD.
    What is wrong with you people?!

Oh it's awfully cringeworthy....but damn it, it just sucks you in. I'm going to be bitching about how bad and fake this show is for the next few months while simultaneously being hopelessly glued to it. Damn you Cowell, you evil genius! :(

How the hell J&E got through is a mystery. Some people should just not be allowed vote....

John and Edward were the first to be called out :D
    How happy I am. Thought they had a great performnce even if the singing was average.
    Them or Joe to win :P Even though next week being Diva week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Oh it's awfully cringeworthy....but damn it, it just sucks you in. I'm going to be bitching about how bad and fake this show is for the next few months while simultaneously being hopelessly glued to it. Damn you Cowell, you evil genius! :(

How the hell J&E got through is a mystery. Some people should just not be allowed vote....

I really want them to win it. Imagine how hilarious it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Im John......I'm Edward......together we're.....John and Edward!

Gah.

Strictly Come Dancing ftw tbh...

Just seen that Irish two.

From now on, I'm American.

I loved it! especially the bit in the middle "Hey Edward I have something to give you...." They sounded really fake :P

Did you see Cheryl about Lloyd? That really annoyed me. Overreation by Cheryl much? Then Lloyd goes over to give her a hug. Awwwww

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement