Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The X Factor...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and I really liked it! I haven't seen it since though. We also watched America's got talent and that was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

THe sob stories really piss me off. I know the stuff that happened to them is really bad and like sometimes I do feel sad for them myself when I'm watching it but you just know that a person is going to get through when they are introduced as say 'mary who is recovering from the death of her dog' or whatever. So they all just annoy me.

Also there are moments that are just sooooo obviously a set up. A few weeks ago there was a young couple who had just broken up or something and of course the judges ask all the right questions and turn the whole thing into a saga... Yawn.

And then there is Cheryl Cole. I'm sorry but I do not buy her. It's like she knows what she's doing, being the caring judge and all that. I just feel she is being very clever and building up this image as the nation's sweetheart. I really, really don't like her.

It;s not jealously of her looks of anything, I swear... :P

But overall, those things annoy me but despite them I do watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Anahi Prehistoric Wimp

dannym08 wrote: »
    TBH i just watch it during the auditions to laugh at the ones who think they are brilliant put are really unbelievably sh!t.

the ones who argue with the judges saying im great you'll regret not picking me yada yada yada are the best ones IMO

Ye I used to do dat too but this yr they're in front of a crowd so they never argue!.

The new format is ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Anahi Prehistoric Wimp

ohthebaby wrote: »
    THe sob stories really piss me off. !

Ye me too.

I hate da way CC and the minogue one ALWAYS cry. Does my head in but dey'd both well get it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

They do it to get attention, really annoys me because it's not just with the sob stories it's everytime someone sings a sad song :confused:
    I'm looking forward to the next show though ; ]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Lucie... nom nom:pac:

I think it's a grand show, it's fairly addictive and good fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Niall09 wrote: »
    Lucie... nom nom:pac:

you obviously havent seen lloyd yet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

you obviously havent seen lloyd yet :cool:

Just cos I watch Xfactor you think im gay?! I feel like Chandler now :(

:D

Niall09 wrote: »
    Just cos I watch Xfactor you think im gay?! I feel like Chandler now :(

:D

You watch friends too?

I think my suspicions about you are correct...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Dunno what yee've been eating but Joe is obviously going to win!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

The scum is on again. I'm not even watching it and I can hear Simon Cowell's smug (from the living room). How I'd love to give him my best shot across the face...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I watched it for the first time ever last night... there were only two of us staying in Dublin for the weekend in my flat and m'flatmate wanted to watch it.. and I didn't want to be sitting alone on my room.

So yeah. It was possibly the biggest load of crap ever. I felt embarrassed watching it... I cringed at least 10 times. OH GOD.
    What is wrong with you people?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Kandy Rain didn't get through:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

bythewoods wrote: »

So yeah. It was possibly the biggest load of crap ever. I felt embarrassed watching it... I cringed at least 10 times. OH GOD.
    What is wrong with you people?!

Oh it's awfully cringeworthy....but damn it, it just sucks you in. I'm going to be bitching about how bad and fake this show is for the next few months while simultaneously being hopelessly glued to it. Damn you Cowell, you evil genius! :(

How the hell J&E got through is a mystery. Some people should just not be allowed vote....

John and Edward were the first to be called out :D
    How happy I am. Thought they had a great performnce even if the singing was average.
    Them or Joe to win :P Even though next week being Diva week..

Oh it's awfully cringeworthy....but damn it, it just sucks you in. I'm going to be bitching about how bad and fake this show is for the next few months while simultaneously being hopelessly glued to it. Damn you Cowell, you evil genius! :(

How the hell J&E got through is a mystery. Some people should just not be allowed vote....

I really want them to win it. Imagine how hilarious it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Im John......I'm Edward......together we're.....John and Edward!

Gah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Strictly Come Dancing ftw tbh...

Just seen that Irish two.

From now on, I'm American.

I loved it! especially the bit in the middle "Hey Edward I have something to give you...." They sounded really fake :P

Did you see Cheryl about Lloyd? That really annoyed me. Overreation by Cheryl much? Then Lloyd goes over to give her a hug. Awwwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I think this is where they got their hairstyle idea from...

Cheryl is such a child. She chose 2 ****ty songs and she won't just say all out it's her fault. "It's been a diva week". What a bollox.

She's still fine though.

If John & Edward don't get through to next week based on tonights performance, then I will not watch the show ever again, swear to god!
    :cool:

If John & Edward don't get through to next week based on tonights performance, then I will not watch the show ever again, swear to god!
    :cool:
    They deserve to get though for having the ..... to wear them 'outfits'. But I think there was permormances worse tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

0044 333 666 9828 vote for John & Edward!15 sec advert then directs u to the voting line. not sure of charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I've only seen the X-Factor once or twice, but aren't those twins laughably bad singers? I saw them singing Rock DJ and it was just terrible. How are they still in the competition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Funniest thing I've seen in a long,long time.

Lol Just after watching that I've realised they dont even dance at the same time :P
    1.51 John I think starts walking before Edward!! :D
    That was probably my favourite performance of the night, Joes coming in second.

Im starting to become a fan of joes. Seems decent and his videos of him younger left me in stitches laughing :P.

• Advertisement

Crap. I liked Miss Frank. I thought Lloyd definitely should have gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement