Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Dublin!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

d'Oracle wrote: »
    That is all nonsense.
    Although if you think its ugly, that is your opinion and you are entitled.
    I used to think it was but then I got to see a bit more of it.
    And its not.
    Some lovely little areas tucked around the place.
    I have to say it has grown on me in a big way in the last year or two.

There are literally winos crazies and scumbags in every city in every bloody city in the developed world.
    There are chuggers everywhere too.

Very few decent pubs in the city centre though......
    Dublin is an awfully ugly city compared to its European counterparts. Look at other capital cities, Edinburgh, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Prague, Stockholm, London, Berlin etc. Dublin is one of the ugliest cities in Europe and wouldn't compare favourably to any of those cities. Full of apartment blocks and very little planning. Then they stick a massive spike in the middle:confused: As I said earlier the best thing about Dublin are the people you meet there but that goes for many cities in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

major bill wrote: »
    total bull****. there everywhere just alot more noticable in dublin with there strung out accent.

no other city in ireland can match dublin, galways a knacker town for a night out one of the only places that search you going into a nightclub.cork is full of w@nkers.

a lot of mulla's have a big chip on their shoulder when it comes to dublin.
    Couldn't be arsed having an arguement with a strung out coke head.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dublin can be an ok place I guess but the amount of jackeens posting about it in AH is pissing me off. Keep it in your own forum ffs, I don't give a **** about your town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I also love Dublin, but only because it is my home. I prefer Paris, a city I've only been to once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Couldn't be arsed having an arguement with a strung out coke head.

oh yea cause i forgot were all strung out arseholes that love sticking coke up our noses,robbing cars,beating up culchies and just been scumbags in general:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Magnus wrote: »
    Dublin can be an ok place I guess but the amount of jackeens posting about it in AH is pissing me off. Keep it in your own forum ffs, I don't give a **** about your town.

I hate being called a jackeen.

This thread is a trainwreck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well my da said that your town is crap and that Dublin is great and your da is gay so that means my da could totally take your da.

I really hope people over the age of 16 are not posting in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Do you know what, get rid of the blinkers and you'll be grand! That's the truth, Dublin is a city full of junkies and scum, then that's all you're going to see that. If you think Dublin is the best place since sliced bread, then you're deluded. It's far from any utopia or ghetto, Dublin is what it is, like all cities. It's got positives and negatives, but to be fair I'm from the 'bog' and I would actually feel safer going out and drinking in Dublin etc... in spite of all the bad aspects of the city. Seriously, just stick to the nice areas and you're alright unless you want to see junkies and scum, you should be okay. I could say the same thing about London, if you go out in London, it's the same, South Kensington, Richmond nice places, Peckham, Lewisham, Mile End, Stepney Green, Bow etc... awful shit holes. You see what you want to see, and this is applicable to nearly every other city in the world. The thing is though, Ireland isn't that nice of a country to begin with, so don't be surprised to see a lot more of the shit, God awful aspects of Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and all of the crappy towns and villages in between becoming more pronounced over the next few years.

Aside from this, this thread is pointless and stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

I'm from the schticks, boyyyyy. But I live in Dublin, I've never really had a bad experience in Dublin. There was that one time when a knacker tried to rob **** out of my housemate's car, but that's it really.

I prefer it to the sticks because where I live, there's bugger all to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

CHD wrote: »
    lol Dublin, manky and full of junkies, yeah lovely place :rolleyes:
    Totally agree. And i live here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

If you compare Dublin to other European capitals it isn't great tbh. In comparison with the likes of London, Berlin and Amsterdam it's really disappointing.
    The infrastructure isn't great. Traffic is a nightmare. There are no cycle paths and the city is not pedestrian friendly whatsoever.
    Everything is so expensive.
    The airport is a mess. The nightlife is okay.
    Theatre and the arts are not promoted or funded enough for a city of its scale.
    I will say that it's a great sporting city though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It has changed a lot and I dont live there now but Dublins my home city ,were I was born raised and grew up .
    It has all my memories , good and bad , so in that respect I love it .

I always make the most of my trips over so from that perspective appriciate it more to .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I love being in Dublin - was born and grew up here, and though I've travelled the world there's really nowhere else I'd want to live. One of my favourite things to do when I get home from a long trip away is to just wander around town for a few hours soaking it all in again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Try living in Templebar.
    Its a nightmare.

I would say Dublin is the worst City I have lived in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't know where people are going with Dublin looks ugly, any time I've been passing through it lately I have to say it's come on allot and looks quite impressive. Driving in Dublin is a nightmare though.
    orourkeda wrote: »
    Name a single city in the world where there are no Junkies
    Vatican city.
    major bill wrote: »
    no other city in ireland can match dublin, galways a knacker town for a night out one of the only places that search you going into a nightclub.cork is full of [EMAIL="w@nkers"]w@nkers[/EMAIL].
    It was probably your Dublin accent that got you searched. I've never been searched or even seen anyone being searched going into a nightclub or pub in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

blondie83 wrote: »
    I love being in Dublin - was born and grew up here, and though I've travelled the world there's really nowhere else I'd want to live. One of my favourite things to do when I get home from a long trip away is to just wander around town for a few hours soaking it all in again.
    That's what I love to do when I am over and after a hr or two , like a hand in a glove , you feel at home .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Bog off boggers I'm sick of ye slagging my town.

From the jokers in town to the slags all round, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Drunk at 9.43 in the morning? A night on the powder id say.

typical dub....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

barakus wrote: »

typical dub....
    ........sniff.........

Wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

barakus wrote: »

typical dub....

quite true!

We dubs love crack. I'm absolutely cuckoo for crack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

quite true!

We dubs love crack. I'm absolutely cuckoo for crack!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Oh yawn, another Dublin v Boggers thread.

Yet when Dubliners go away for a weekend in Ireland, I wonder do they only go to Dublin?? Or are they that narrow minded that they cant appreciate the rest of our fabulous country?

Are they Irish or just Dubliners?

Really bored with these threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

It's not just Dublin; it's all of Ireland that is a hole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i love dublin...

.. on a postcard

Go on the 31 counties - obviously the Dubs dont care about the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

35notout wrote: »

..they cant care about them if they cant name them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

I love Dublin city. I am sometimes annoyed that we don't have some of the things they have in other European cities, but I suppose we will eventually.

One of my friends is an Italian and he told me that in Irish cities, every time you turn a corner it's like being in a different city, and that when you look at the people and buildings on the streets through a foreigner's eyes, you can see this patchwork of different eras and influences that we can't seem to see. I'll admit that many cities are like that, obviously, but I know some bigger cities where it's like wandering around a big grid-shaped maze where everything looks the same.

The suburbs are a different story. Some of them are nice, some of them aren't so nice. Some of them have come a long way, like Dun Laoighaire in recent years. I don't know of anywhere that's actually declining, like there was in the early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

35notout wrote: »

Don't forget County Dublin ceased to exist 16 years ago.
    Local Government (Dublin) Act, 1993

Establishment and boundaries of administrative counties.

(1) On the establishment day—

( a ) the county shall cease to exist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lightning_saa

thats a fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭Terrontress

All bad things in Dublin stem from the fact that public transport is awful. It must be one of the very few Western European capitals that has no public transport after midnight. There are two intra-city train lines and one of those is shared with commuter and inter-city trains. As a result, the roads are crowded, it costs a fortune to go out at night, to get to work takes people hours, run down hovels close to town cost an arm and a leg and the entire place is utterly miserable. If the government gave more of a damn it would be twice the city it is today.

• Advertisement

Don't forget County Dublin ceased to exist 16 years ago.
    thats a fair point

So what county does it belong to then? And how come we still have 32 counties (albeit 26 and 6 for the moment)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement