Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*****Spoiler*** UFC 101 results thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Gutted about griffin, What i laughed about was rampage on twitter

I feel so bad for Forrest. I don't even want a rematch anymore. LOSER!! http://twitpic.com/d8tn2about 1 hour ago from Twitterrific

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

People are saying Forrest took a dive :rolleyes:

s5ixp0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Alot of people saying that, asking how he could go 5 rounds with rampage and lose on a backpeddling jab from silva. God i want to join them but i suppose there is no shame in being beat by the best. I just hope he follows back with a win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Alot of people saying that, asking how he could go 5 rounds with rampage and lose on a backpeddling jab from silva. God i want to join them but i suppose there is no shame in being beat by the best. I just hope he follows back with a win

If the fight was going to be fixed it would have ended with Forrest winning and it certainly would not have ended like that. Forrest was already in cuckoo land before he got knocked out. He ran straight into that punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭steof1984

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight...then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can't hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

Aparently this is from one of his trainers. Might just be an excuse, might be legit.

But i know if i lost my hearing , I'd run like **** to get Medical Attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

steof1984 wrote: »
    "I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight...then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can't hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

Aparently this is from one of his trainers. Might just be an excuse, might be legit.

"I heard ... Apparently ... At first they thought ... " Doesn't sound very convincing to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

steof1984 wrote: »

Isn't that what he did after the fight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

If you are really fatigued and get hit... anything can happen.

Besides - Griffin has been hit a lot in his career... could be that his punch resistance is beginning to go.

Fighters like Griffin and Nogueira that take lots of punishment can't have very long careers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

SDTimeout wrote: »

Forrest apparently had a broken jaw. That gif makes it seem true the way he holds his mouth after he's on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

The natural punching skill level was never in doubt here.... and proved to be the deciding factor in the end.... an absolutely amazing punch off the backfoot.... on the very cusp of the minimal amount of force required to stun someone enough to flatten them without knocking them clean out. He's way beyond Fedor as far as floating on the edge of the bubble and dismantling guys like that with jay point accuracy.... him and Machida are destined to have one of the best fights in MMA history - it's gotta happen - HAS to happen, wish they weren't good mates coz it taints the concept a little

and as far as the 'He threw the fight' wagon goes - whatever helps ya sleep at nght!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

'Jay point accuracy' ???? what the f££k is the that? .... ahhh post UFC whiskey related hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jughead202

did anyone lose satalite signal during the show? i was on 442 hd fecked up my recording of it 2 good job i stayed up and watched it
    think the last under card fight had a great pace to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Griffin had already been knocked down twice. If you combine that with a dislocated jaw, and the utter confusion at seeing how invincible your opponent is, I think when the third punch connected his brain said "no more" and he quit.

He wasn't knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

heard there that Forrest's jaw was gone. And that he told the ref when he went down no more, which i suppose it looked like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Didn't Forrest run out of the cage after a loss before as well?

I've heard that fans were shouting stuff at Ed Soares as he left with Silva and Soares tried to go after them but Joe Silva held him back. Then he broke free but others got to him before he got to the fans. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Phenomenal performance by A Silva. Probably the most precise striking i have ever seen in mma. His footwork and head movement were ace also.

I feel sorry for Forrest, He was way out of his depth and got shown up badly.

I have no interest in seeing machida v Silva. I love to watch them both fight, but dont really care to see them fight each other.

Solid perfomance by Penn against a very tough kenflo. Penns ground was amazing. Even though I thought penn won every round, it wasnt his most dominant performance. He has a long way to go before he can be mentioned in the top pound for pound rankings again alongside gsp, fedor etc..

Hendricks v amir was a ****ty stopage, i cant believe they still let that clown mirgilloti ref.

The fight id like to see next for silva is Randy Couture at lhw. Coutures got the kind of style that could really really stiffle silva + there could be a revenge factor added if randy beats down nog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rovert wrote: »

was about to go looking for this , as it was mentioned by Joe durring the commentary , and the cheers could clearly be heard on tv. Couldn't make out what was thrown there by the blonde lady.

Bet the guys in octagon where wondering at 1st what the sudden cheering was for.

Thought it was kind of bad that rogan mentioned it as it gave this more attention that it deserved, could have happened at event and gives the usual nay sayers more to moan about.

Chuck Liddell's favourite fight :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Thought it was kind of bad that rogan mentioned it as it gave this more attention that it deserved, could have happened at event and gives the usual nay sayers more to moan about.

He always does that though. He paused during an interview with Stallone once to watch a fight in the crowd!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Where the bloody hell were security? Wonder what kicked it off?

Must say, I did not enjoy that show at all apart from Silvas amazing performance.

Felt Riley really should have put away Nelson. He dominated but in all honesty, did fúck all damage.

The opener was poor enough as well.

Can't all be great I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Silva being so doninant is a double edged sword for UFC. Naturally a fighter of his calibre is an attraction, but if he makes all their top guys at his weight level look like chumps, like he did to Forrest, it hurts their credibiliy after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Griffin had a dislocated jaw and loss of hearing in one ear so ran to get medical aid

Silva vs Griffin went as expected
    Penn vs Florian went as expected, except apparently BJ can finish fights in 4 round now.........who knew
    Almeida vs Grove was good

The ufc now has a LW, WW and MW champion that are really dominant.
    LW is a little less clear cos of Diego Sanchez

dunkamania wrote: »
    Griffin had a dislocated jaw and loss of hearing in one ear so ran to get medical aid

Are you sure? I did read something supposedly posted by someone in his corner, but it was full of "apparently"'s and "what I heard was"'s. And there was a doctor in the cage anyway, why run away from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

dunkamania wrote: »

Apparently not..

http://latestsportsgossip.blogspot.com/2009/08/update-forrest-griffin-not-injured.html

Anderson Silva has to fight Machida. It would be an awesome fight its such a shame they train together. Outside of Machida I can't see anyone giving Silva trouble maybe Rampage could give him a run if he fights clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

I dont want to see machida and anderson fight each other. theyre both friends and favourite fighters of mine. Besides, theres some other fights out there that are more compelling.

Couture/gsp/Brock/Rampage

Anderson might only have a few fights left in the ufc. Im hoping to some see superfights..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

I dont want to see machida and anderson fight each other. theyre both friends and favourite fighters of mine. Besides, theres some other fights out there that are more compelling.

Anderson might only have a few fights left in the ufc. Im hoping to some see superfights..

Couture, GSP and Brock are all outside his weight catergory so those fights won't happen. To be honest theres no viable contenders in the LHW for Silva other than Rampage and Machida.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Seriously do people think Silva is going to fight Brock? Never going to happen IMO. It would be completely insane on Silva's part to agree to fight with anybody above LHW unless a catch weight of I'd say max 230lbs.

Can't wait to see Hendo get another crack at him. I agree that GSP, Rampage, Couture (doubt it will happen) all make sense and would be very interesting.

I think we will see him fight Machida but it will happen in 18 months to 2 years away probably even further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Couture, GSP and Brock are all outside his weight catergory so those fights won't happen. To be honest theres no viable contenders in the LHW for Silva other than Rampage and Machida.

GSP will eventually fight at 185 lbs, not many fights left at 170 lbs for him. He would probably take a year out though to move up properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Fromvert wrote: »
    Seriously do people think Silva is going to fight Brock? Never going to happen IMO.

It will absolutely never happen.

Silva had to put on weight for the Griffin fight, whereas Lesnar had to lose weight for the Mir fight. Their natural bodyweights are too far apart, so the fight would be way too unbalanced.

Advertisement