Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most hated Movie Character of all time

Options
  • 04-08-2009 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

I was watching The Green Mile again last night and I was sure that if I typed in the above subject title into Google I'd find dozens of lists about people's most hated movie characters, and at the top of a lot of them would be Percy Wetmore. A truly hateful character.

What's your most hated film character?

(I'm going for villain or scummy type characters now, not ones that annoyed you)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

I agree completely with you OP - Percy was such an awful little weazel of a man. Horrible.

As Galdiator is one of my favourite movies and I watch it a lot I find Commodus awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

(I'm going for villain or scummy type characters now, not ones that annoyed you)

Bugger, my vote was going to be for Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker if we were allowed vote for annoying people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I haven't read the Stephen King original but I believe in the original story Percy was actually posessed by a demon or it was inferred in some way. I could be wrong but Stephen King does like to fiddle with supernatural clowns and the like.
    More on topic, I can't think right now! If one comes to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Sticking [sort of] with Stephen King, Mrs. Carmody in 'The Mist', truly despised that woman.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I would end this thread right now If it was for most annoying,

Saffron Burrows as Dr. Susan McCallister in Deep Blue Sea, The cinema actually clapped when
    she died
    when I saw it first.

For Evil/Bastard, Hmmmmm Tough but I'd go for the Warden in The Shawshank Redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Otacon wrote: »
    Sticking [sort of] with Stephen King, Mrs. Carmody in 'The Mist', truly despised that woman.

totally agree here. ive never hated a character as much as her, i wanted to murder her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are we talking characters we hate or characters we love to hate?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

Jar Jar Fxxking Binks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Jason Isaacs who played an English officer in 'The Patriot' with Mel Gibson is the character I'd love to shoot! Kills mel's kids etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I didnt particularly hate him,but the Duke in Salo is an utterly repulsive charactor.

Uncle Bully in Once Were Warriors was a total bastard too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

The Greg Cattermole character in Naked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Dolores Umbridge from harry potter and the order of the phoenix.

Total B*tch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tommy Devito from Goodfellas, a right little sociopath under that mob bravado.

Sarah Michelle Gellar in Cruel Intentions........what a ****.

Cameron Alexander from American History X. Derek put it best;

"You got a whole crop already lined up you ****in' chicken hawk.....You prey on people Cam. I lost three years of my life for your ****in' phony cause, but I'm onto you now you ****in' snake"

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Mos Def's character in 16 blocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

Begbie from Trainspotting (prob because I hung around with a toned-down version of the character for several years before telling him to finally fak-off). Definite bit of short-man syndrome going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Burke from Aliens.
    Mr. Environmental pencil pusher from Ghostbusters, how right-wing does that movie seem now?

+ 1 Begbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

David McCall (Mark Wahlberg) in Fear
    Martin Lombard (Christopher McDonald) in The Skulls

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and Brother John in Song for a Raggy Boy, its one of the few times I have got up off my seat and roared at the tv for these characters to be killed. I have never felt such passionate hatred for a fictional charcater.
    Annie Wilkes in Misery is another dispicable character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Trail_Blazer

Going to go with Nurse Ratchett from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Annie Wilkes from Misery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Nazi soldier that Ray Fiennes plays in Schindler's List. Scary f*cker.

Also Scar from The Lion King. Hated that character when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

No mention of that evil bastard from Robocop yet. I don't remember his name but what a prick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

bradley coopers character in wedding crashers, man he was a pr1ck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Billy zane's wing man (forget his name) in Titanic, hated that guy
    +1 for Percy in The Green Mile, i actually couldnt watch that movie for a while, cause i hated him so much
    O'Bannon (Ben Affleck) in Dazed and Confused

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Sean Nokes (Kevin Bacon) in Sleepers
    Warden Norton (Bob Gunton) in The Shawshank Redemption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

ralph fienes charechter in SCHINDLERS LIST , pure evil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

As before, Mrs. Carmody from The Mist and also Brent Norton. That guy was just a douche.

And in the Night of the Living Dead remake (1990), Harry Cooper, the guy who's daughter was bitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Juno from...Juno, the most loathesome character put on film this decade, I hated everything about her, terrible movie as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jack Black's character in School of Rock, way to ruin the kids education!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Stephen Graham's character, Combo, from This Is England.

Advertisement