Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most hated Movie Character of all time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

When I first saw American Beauty, Kevin Spacey's neighbours gave me the creeps. The son is a drug dealer who likes to spy on people, , the mother is completely broken and downtrodden, and all because of the father, an abusive military officer played by Chris Cooper). As we learn, over the course of the film, he has certain confused yearnings that he is completely and utterly unable to handle. :eek:

3578-24761.gif

Another memorable psychopath is Waingro from Heat - taken on by Macaulay (De Niro) to make up the numbers for a heist, but he escalates the situation by killing a security guard.
    So Macaulay tries to kill Waingro, because he's clearly a liability, but he escapes and tries to sell information to the financier whose bonds they had stolen. Just for laughs, it seems, he murders a young prostitute, then goes after one of Macaulay's gang members for information, killing him and his family.

kmovie_image_2.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Most hateful movie character? Nurse Ratched, One Flew Over The Cuckoo`s Nest, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

bnt wrote: »
    When I first saw American Beauty, Kevin Spacey's neighbours gave me the creeps. The son is a drug dealer who likes to spy on people, , the mother is completely broken and downtrodden, and all because of the father, an abusive military officer played by Chris Cooper). As we learn, over the course of the film, he has certain confused yearnings that he is completely and utterly unable to handle. :eek:

3578-24761.gif

Another memorable psychopath is Waingro from Heat - taken on by Macaulay (De Niro) to make up the numbers for a heist, but he escalates the situation by killing a security guard.
    So Macaulay tries to kill Waingro, because he's clearly a liability, but he escapes and tries to sell information to the financier whose bonds they had stolen. Just for laughs, it seems, he murders a young prostitute, then goes after one of Macaulay's gang members for information, killing him and his family.

kmovie_image_2.jpg

I seem to remember Chris Cooper's character being more pathetic than anything else in American Beauty- good performance by him though.

Also isn't Waingro Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs :D
    I think he's the same guy who plays the sheriff in Monk (the TV show) as well- a totally different character to Waingro or Buffalo Bill. :)

Edit:
    Just checked IMDB- i'm wrong, the guy i'm thinking of is called Ted Levine.
    Apparently they're mistaken for each other a fair bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

sandra bullocks character in speed, dont know why, just despise her and that role she plays (maybe its just because i cant stand her)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

tech77 wrote: »
    I seem to remember Chris Cooper's character being more pathetic than anything else in American Beauty- good performance by him though.
    That too: pathetic, confused, violent. One of those people who is incompetent at anything but his job, and takes it out on his family.The movie didn't spell everything out e.g very little was said about his wife - what happened there? The Nazi memorabilia wasn't a good sign, either ... :mad:

I watched Passenger 57 on TV last night - or tried to, since parts of it had me laughing out loud. Some bits were so cheesy I could smell them from here. All the baddies were non-American, naturally, with the leader (and his girlfriend) being English. Rane is a real psychopath, executing a passenger in cold blood, willing to do whatever is necessary to get away. I think that's a good fit to the question - a baddie you'd love to hate.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Leslie Mann's character in Knocked Up, especially when since she was meant to be portrayed as the female comic foil but in actuality was a shrill, demanding, whiny wretch of a woman that wanted a seperation from her husband for him sneaking off to play Fantasy Baseball. Ruined the whole movie for me, nobody bosses the mighty Paul Rudd around

Also was delighted when
    Johnny Depp was killed in
    Public Enemies. The movie really tries to present how cool Dillinger was when really he was a scumbag bank robber who spent his time running away from and shooting at officers of the law, people with families etc. I know there's other films with bank robbers as the protaganists as well but there's no shade of grey here, Mann really goes overboard glamourising the lifestyle and Depp's actions and sex appeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Also was delighted when Johnny Depp was killed in Public Enemies.

Thanks... won't need to rent it now... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

trustno1 wrote: »
    Thanks... won't need to rent it now... :rolleyes:

:eek: Crap, sorry. I thought that was common knowledge about the character he played. Will edit the post and spoiler tag it if you wanna do the same

ps. Don't rent it, its rubbish

:eek: Crap, sorry. I thought that was common knowledge about the character he played. Will edit the post and spoiler tag it if you wanna do the same

ps. Don't rent it, its rubbish

Don't worry.. by the time I rent it with my goldfish like brain I will have forgotten all about it and it will be a case of 'oh my god -
    they killed him
    ??!' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Good work for quoting it - so even though its now spoilered on the original post, your quote has it for all to read.

• Advertisement

voxpop wrote: »
    Good work for quoting it - so even though its now spoilered on the original post, your quote has it for all to read.

which I 'spoilered' before you posted... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Killinator

tech77 wrote: »
    Edit:
    Just checked IMDB- i'm wrong, the guy i'm thinking of is called Ted Levine.
    Apparently they're mistaken for each other a fair bit.

On a reated note, Ted Levine was in HEAT but he was a cop in Hana's team and
    got shoot and presumably killed in the bak scene

On topic: Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket was a fairly dispicible character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Tom Berenger in platoon. What an arseh*le.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Went through the complete thread and could not find MY most dispicable movie character! He was simply such a BASTARD throughout its incredible!!

The movie is "ROB ROY"

The character is played by Tim Roth. The characters name escapes me at the moment but he is simply scum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Longshanks in Braveheart, what a hateful man.
    William Wallace's death scene is so hard to watch yet at the same time, it is kind of bittersweet as Longshanks also takes his last breath knowing that his bloodline is dying with him. It in a way balances out the injustice of what happens to William.

Also, Lil Ze in City of God. What I found most disturbing about this guy is that I look at the society around me and see thugs growing up like him, violent sociopaths who just don't give a **** and who have no fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

The Mother Superior in 'The Magdalene Sisters'. What a fcuking wagon. The sad thing is, the real witch she was based on was probably even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

orlando bloom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Orlando bloom is not a character.

I just remembered, I hate you wan Alan Rickman has an affair with in Love Actually. She loves like an alien!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Put 'Neno' on the list from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

The character is played by Tim Roth. The characters name escapes me at the moment but he is simply scum!

Archie something or other I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

The English Colonel in The Patriot I hated when I first saw it... On repeated viewings though I just thought he was a bit too evil... almost comically so... kind of de-personalised him and therefore took the hate away.

Off the top of my head, Nino Brown from New Jack City was one of the few movie villains who's
    death I took pleasure from.

And O-Dog from Menace II Society

Robert de Bruce in Braveheart for his betrayal even though he was supposedly one of Scotlands greatest kings in real life...
    Napoleon in Animal Farm (but more the book than that dodgy animated movie)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

SarahBM wrote: »
    Im just going to list off the characters I hate because if I start talking about them I will just get mad!

Nurse Rachett from One Flew Over tht Cuckoo's Nest
    The Comandant (Ralph Fiennes) from Shindlers List
    Ed Harris's character in gone baby gone
    Percy from the Green Mile
    The preists in Song for a Raggy Boy

Now for the more light hearted ones

Gaston from beauty and the beast
    Darla from finding nemo
    and Malificent from sleeping beauty

the scariest has to be the Queen from sno white though, she scars the livin daylights outa me!!
    Did u finish watching the movie? Ed harris tried to give the kid a better life. Lovef that character

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Robert de Bruce in Braveheart for his betrayal even though he was supposedly one of Scotlands greatest kings in real life...

I dont know how anyone can take Braveheart seriously, the English are all portrayed as being like Batman villains with their evilness, Wallace like an angel who did no wrong when he as guilty of as many barbaric acts as the people he was fighting against

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Thats OK though because everyone hates the English!!!! lol

On a serious note though I hated Cal Hockley in Titanic and I hated Hansel in Zoolander but that might just be me hating the majority of Owen Wilson films

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

sorry to bump this thread, but I tend to like most movies, and not dislike a whole lotta people...but Eric Bana(na) does my bleedin head in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Einstein wrote: »
    sorry to bump this thread, but I tend to like most movies, and not dislike a whole lotta people...but Eric Bana(na) does my bleedin head in....

Eric Bana is an actor not a character

The high chancellor from V for Vendetta. I hated him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

syklops wrote: »

The high chancellor from V for Vendetta. I hated him..

But he wasn't the worst, he believed in what he did at least, Creedy was the right evil bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The big bad rabbit in Watership Down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Went through the complete thread and could not find MY most dispicable movie character! He was simply such a BASTARD throughout its incredible!!

The movie is "ROB ROY"

The character is played by Tim Roth. The characters name escapes me at the moment but he is simply scum![/QUOTE]

He really was an hate-figure. Also any of the evil priests or nuns in any institutionalised film as they seem to be real due to the recent revelations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The father in The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

Advertisement