Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

The first single from the new album is called "Uprising" and should be first played on radio within the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Daysha wrote: »
    The first single from the new album is called "Uprising" and should be first played on radio within the week :)
    its getting its debut on radio 1 in uk on 8th august

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oddly enough Uprising is the first single. they are having a worldwide treasure Hunt at the moment, people are finding USB keys in different cities, and the music on them is different parts of USoE. First two parts sounding very nice, like a piano version of Unintended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

There we go, first half of the song, sounds like Queen mixed with Persian Nights.

Its amazing. Freddy Mercury on Helium :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

brilliant!

Part 4 is also done....should be up soon, cant see it on youtube.

Unintended, crossed with Take A Bow, with some nice Queen homage thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The Queen blast is epic, I love it. Can't wait for the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

And part 5, anyone else think the lyrics in the second verse sound a bit ham fisted, like he's trying to hard to fit them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Why split these states when there can BE OOOONLY ONE?!

Looking forward to several thousand people singing along to this come November :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Full song is up

I'm still undecided, music has its moments, but the lyrics are criminally bad. Still, I'll reserve full judgement until I listen to the album and hear it live.

I f*cking LOVE it!

Same, listening to it easily 50+ times so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

sounds like a cheap rip off of a queen song

Just figured it out on guitar - if anyone wants the tabs PM me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I like it a lot. Yes, it does sound like Queen but going to be another belter at the live shows.

Stoopid computer with no sound...will be Sunday at earliest when I hear this. I'll prob pay in internet cafe just to hear it tomorrow though. Sounds like it could be epic live!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I'm undecided on it. The first 90 seconds or so is absolute brilliance, but when the Brian May guitar, Freddie Mercury harmonies and the cringeworthy "UNITED STAAAATES" and "SIA! SIA!" is all mixed together I can't help but think it's a missed opportunity for another epic Muse song.

Hopefully it'll grow on me over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I want to like it, and I should like it, but I just don't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

have to say i really like it, its very tongue in cheek and the education the band were trying to give about their ideals/beliefs etc via the treasure hunt was good also,

great bit of marketing but i'm not too convinced on collateral damage, i know its gonna lead into another song seamlessly but i'm not digging it at the mo,

overall good, some peeps were hating SMBH when it came out (i wasn't one) and that album went good so i'll be holding out my decision till sep 14th.

Have to say first listen i was like, WTF....now its like whyTF not!
    Read some of the reviews people have been giving it on wikipedia, Zane Lowe and some Japanese peeps; masterpiece, art in music and other good stuff are mentioned.

Just can't wait to hear the three part symphony.

Roll on the Resistance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

great bit of marketing but i'm not too convinced on collateral damage, i know its gonna lead into another song seamlessly but i'm not digging it at the mo,
    Another classical tribute, this time a lot more obvious than their previous ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I want to like it, and I should like it, but I just don't :(
    Ditto :(

Just spotted this on You Tube -

No way thats muse

I was sceptical myself alright. Sounds dodgy to say the least.

Hope it's not anyway cause The Uprising is meant to be the opening song so it wouldn't bode well.

Multiple reviewers say it has a football chant in it. Something like Oi, Oi, Oi. Theres no riffage either.

miralize wrote: »
    Multiple reviewers say it has a football chant in it. Something like Oi, Oi, Oi. Theres no riffage either.

They've gone all Green Day!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :pac:

Nah , but I hope they havent gone all Fratellis. I reckon it should be good though. They havent failed me yet. And even if they make a ****ty single, we still have the live performances to look forward to.

Well yes indeed. I'm hoping to make it at least gig number 8 on this tour with a festival thrown in on top.

• Advertisement

Muse gig #8. This will be my third

Advertisement