Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

u2gigs.com has some unbelievably good footage from last night - very crisp. gonna be at croker and new york, cant wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sorry if this has been asked before but who are the support acts for the gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

in ireland?

Fri - Glasvegas, Damien Dempsey
    Sat - Kaiser Chiefs, Repulic of Loose
    Mon - The Script, Bell X1

http://www.u2.com/tour/index/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭techman

Does anyone know which end the stage will be set up?

Hill 16 or Canal End?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

According to the ticketmaster map of the stage in croker its the hill end.
    I think i recall a similar map on u2.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 vilno

This isn't really ticket sales but just to let people know that there's rumours that more tickets will go on sale for U2 in croker first thing in the morning from ticketmaster!

Sorry if its posted somewhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=1779037&ar=u2&cat=all

A limited number of production seats for the sold out U2 360 concerts at Croke Park (subject to license) will go on sale this Monday 6th July at 9.00am sharp.

What are "production seats"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tommylacey

guys, any one got any idea what time U2 take to the stage on the monday--approx?--says doors open 6, show 630pm--i presume a support act is on first and that U2 will be on about 9pm????-am i right to assume this?--dont want to have to take the day off work!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭techman

They'll be on sometime between 9pm and 9.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

"Production seat tickets are for seats that only become available for release in the final days preceding the concert, when the venue can see how the stage design affects the seating plan. These can include seats very close the stage with excellent views."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Oh man this is going to be so unbelievably epic! CAN'T WAIT
    Monday 27th of July :D

Did anyone see what happened when they played "ONE" in Barcelona? Never seen U2 do anything like this before - at around 2:30

WARNING:DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO'S TRYING TO KEEP THE WHOLE CONCERT DESIGN A SURPRISE FOR WHEN YOU GO AND SEE THEM!

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭martco

does anyone know the score with bringing kids? I have tickets for the Sat night, am bringing my U2 nuts lad to his first ever gig but now I'm wondering if its gonna be a problem- nothing printed on the tickets themselves, U2.com or ticketmaster that I can see, anyone know?

My 6 year old wanted to come but i wasnt sure either so didnt get him a ticket even though we are in the stands.
    How old is your boy?
    At the ACDC show in punchestown i saw a few 13-14 year olds with parents.
    Kind of made me think i should of got my little lad a ticket for the stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

When is the gig in Dublin ?
    in Barcelona Bone was talking with astronauts !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

chezzer wrote: »
    When is the gig in Dublin ?
    in Barcelona Bone was talking with astronauts !!!

3 concerts in Croke Park Dublin

Friday 24th July
    Saturday 25th July
    Monday 27th July

I am going to Sat gig . will be my 4th time seeing them in Croke PArk

Cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭martco

he's 9 but big enough lad, well able for it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Dcully wrote: »
    My 6 year old wanted to come but i wasnt sure either so didnt get him a ticket even though we are in the stands.
    How old is your boy?
    At the ACDC show in punchestown i saw a few 13-14 year olds with parents.
    Kind of made me think i should of got my little lad a ticket for the stands.

i saw younger than that, one girl with her mother was no more than 7 or 8 at ac/dc, right next to where all the moshing was going on too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

qwytre wrote: »
    "Production seat tickets are for seats that only become available for release in the final days preceding the concert, when the venue can see how the stage design affects the seating plan. These can include seats very close the stage with excellent views."
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=1779037&ar=u2&cat=all

A limited number of production seats for the sold out U2 360 concerts at Croke Park (subject to license) will go on sale this Monday 6th July at 9.00am sharp.

What are "production seats"?

Just wondering, is it just a matter of going to ticketmaster on monday and booking them? Or do you need to be a member of the U2 website or fanclub or something?? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

pretty annoyed to find out were only gettin 270 of the stage der is no reason why it cant be in the middle. the braca stadium width wise is smaller then croker no reason why it cant be in the middle FU*KIN GAA :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

For some reason i want to go to this gig...... i like their hits but i just hate the band cause i think bono is a idiot!!!!!! plus all the edge does is use effects... not the best player.... but i hear they do a good gig.....

does any one have any experience of their gig's and know if their up there on the must see list????

• Advertisement

For some reason i want to go to this gig...... i like their hits but i just hate the band cause i think bono is a idiot!!!!!! plus all the edge does is use effects... not the best player.... but i hear they do a good gig.....

does any one have any experience of their gig's and know if their up there on the must see list????

Just effects? Where do you get your information from?
    I couldnt give a toss if Bono is a dick or not,its the music i like,ive yet to see a better band live,and yes that includes the acdc concert last Sunday.
    I assure you whatever you think of Bono hes far from an idiot,maybe you should choose a more suitable tag :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭TheDemiurge

Just effects? Where do you get your information from?
    I couldnt give a toss if Bono is a dick or not,its the music i like,ive yet to see a better band live,and yes that includes the acdc concert last Sunday.
    I assure you whatever you think of Bono hes far from an idiot,maybe you should choose a more suitable tag :)

A gig is a communal shared experience; I've been to great gigs where the band wasn't my favourite at all.

No kidding, David Essex (was given two free tix and had nothing to do) was a stonking show.

Can't wait for the U2 gig - it will border on the shamanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ecom

but1er wrote: »
    pretty annoyed to find out were only gettin 270 of the stage der is no reason why it cant be in the middle. the braca stadium width wise is smaller then croker no reason why it cant be in the middle FU*KIN GAA :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

thing is though that when buying tickets we could clearly see where the stage was going to be. I bought my seating tickets based on the image that showed the stage up at the hill. would have been really annoyed if I found out it was gonna be in the middle of the stadium after buying the tickets that I did.

i presume that those in the Red Zone will be able to stand all around the stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭tubos

but1er wrote: »

You made the Indo with your quote (censored version!)..

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/news-gossip/fury-as-u2-claws-back-90-degrees-from-360-tour-for-croke-park-gigs-1807382.html

Bill Bailey's u2 impression:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSvEZdbBIyw

I just dont like bono because he goes on and on about all this save the world stuff.... its not that i dont think that we shouldnt help with third world problems.. he just thinks he's like a prophet...preaching the word and not shutting up...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

You're famous But1er! :cool:

Bill Bailey's u2 impression:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSvEZdbBIyw

So you base your assumptions on a comedian? :rolleyes:

As for Bono, who gives a fcuk if hes a tosser or not?
    I know i dont.

So you base your assumptions on a comedian? :rolleyes:

As for Bono, who gives a fcuk if hes a tosser or not?
    I know i dont.

i thought he wasnt that good of a player before i saw that i just think its a good example of his effects:P.. if you compare him to others in top bands hes mainly effects.....

I think ill head there any way... 100 quid is a bit steep but if their all their hyped up to be live it will be worth it.... shame they didnt re-release standing:(

i thought he wasnt that good of a player before i saw that i just think its a good example of his effects:P.. if you compare him to others in top bands hes mainly effects.....

I think ill head there any way... 100 quid is a bit steep but if their all their hyped up to be live it will be worth it.... shame they didnt re-release standing:(

I saw edge play whiskey in the jar and ace of spades over the years and was every bit as good note for note as the origionals.
    Ive often seen him do extended soloes in songs like electric co,bullet the blue sky,gloria,out of control live.
    Ask anyone who has attended U2 shows regularly the edge often does long soloes in a live envoirnment,you just dont hear them on their chart hits which are usually catchy numbers suited to the radio.

U2 music is not about screeching solos,just because edge doesnt do them often on album or single tracks make him a poor guitar player [although he does a longish solo in unknown caller off new album]
    Also not all U2 tracks use "effects" as you put it.
    I seriously wonder how much U2 material you have listened to apart from the ones you heard on the radio.

I rate John Petrucci from Dream Theater as one of the best guitarists on the planet but 90% of his work just dosent sound good or nice to listen to , to me personally
    Technically its superb but i prefer to listen to guitar work that sounds good,not neccesssarily technically awesome.
    Edge does what suits the song which is an art in itself.
    A great guitar player does not have to be technically proficient.

shame they didnt re-release standing

Do you mean standing tickets for croke park? If so there are standing tickets.
    Tickets to the shows range from €30 to 130 although 3 shows are sold out, think some production tickets are on sale today,whatever they are, im guessing its to areas they have now that its U2 270 instead of 360 thanks to hill 16 :(
    Hope you enjoy the show, i knwo for a fact you will be amazed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Anyone know how I find out where I'll be sitting?? Just bought some of the production seats and it said blue area of Hogan Stand. This is what I got in the mail:

MID536, row E, seats 21-20

Tks all !

Advertisement