Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS ANYONE PREPAIRING FOR THE SWINE FLU?

Options
  • 04-07-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I'm just curious here. There's been a lot of posts on here about the Swine Flu pandemic sweeping the world at the moment and I was just wondering was any of you prepairing for it?

I for one believe that the strength of this flu will increase when winter comes and I don't want to be caught unprepaired.

By prepairing for it I mean buying extra nonperishable foods, cans of beans and dried food etc.
    Any more ideas??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

im gona prepare myself by getting the vacination

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 45,294 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

suey71 wrote: »
    Hello.

I'm just curious here. There's been a lot of posts on here about the Swine Flu pandemic sweeping the world at the moment and I was just wondering was any of you prepairing for it?

I for one believe that the strength of this flu will increase when winter comes and I don't want to be caught unprepaired.

By prepairing for it I mean buying extra nonperishable foods, cans of beans and dried food etc.
    Any more ideas??

Thanks

It isn't a nuclear war

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I had the flu last January. It wasnt a pleasant experience but I find this whole swine flu armageddon stuff to be a little tiresome at this stage. The media over reacted on a slow news day and as a result of that CT types got all hot and bothered

got me a box of kleenex and neurofen cold and flu...
    sorted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

So far we have 63 confirmed cases of swine flu in Ireland.

The Irish government recently ordered 7.7 million doses of swine flu vaccine.
    http://www.independent.ie/health/latest-news/state-planning-to-stockpile-swine-flu-vaccine-1777618.html

The government is now planning to offer free swine flu jabs to everyone in the country over the coming months. The shots will be administered through GP's and a network of swine flu "clinics".
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/government-to-provide-free-swine-flu-jab-417420.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

it's just flu fgs!

the only one i'm worried about is my 4 month old son as he had pneumonia at birth so i think it would hit him hard, hopefully the vaccine is distributed before he gets it.

other than that we'll just have to struggle through and deal with it, no panic necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rattlenhum

I've just finished my bunker. I'd advise you to get a good gasmask and some weapons as things may get pretty nasty near the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

I'm with rattlenhum here.I'm hauling ass to the mountains with a bag of cans a few rifles and tinned food :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭homosapien

I'm with rattlenhum here.I'm hauling ass to the mountains with a bag of cans a few rifles and tinned food :D

Dont forget your tin opener and a box of bacon fries to go along with the cans! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

WakeUp wrote: »

The government is now planning to offer free swine flu jabs to everyone in the country over the coming months. The shots will be administered through GP's and a network of swine flu "clinics".
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/government-to-provide-free-swine-flu-jab-417420.html

They're hardly going to be free jabs when you have to pay the usual GP conultancy fee:p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

yea my friend and i are getting together for it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I must refill the fuel tanks for my generator.

All my radio transmitters are currently operational with working aerials.

But I don't think this is going to be much different to a normal flu winter. Lots of people die every winter from flu. Every winter vulnerable people are advised to get the vaccine, which is always customised for the espected strain.

Is this actually even Swine flu or is that a misnomer? AFAIK it's only partially pig in origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Great White

THE Government has ordered 7.7 million doses of the swine flu vaccine that is currently being developed.
    If this vaccine is being "currently developed" is the company that is developing it following all the rigorous tests that must take place before it is released to the general public, or is it being rushed through to take advantage of this fantastic marketing opportunity to sell millions and millions of vaccines. Now that would NEVER happen now would it ? No, of course not !!
    I think we are been taken for a ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

They're hardly going to be free jabs when you have to pay the usual GP conultancy fee:p.

Er, no , actually the jab is free. I never said anything about doctor fee's maybe the doctors will charge Im not sure but the vaccine itself will be free. Your very bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

At the moment all I'm doing is giving pigs angry looks if I see one. I'm not doing anything crazy until we pass the 1000 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would avoid the vaccine like the plague (Literally :pac: ) because it is man made. (just like Swine flu which is also a synthetic cocktail recently developed by the Global elite to suppress worldwide population), I would do what is best and that is to live it out and RUN TO THE HILLS !!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

i'm stocking up on some OINKment as we speak..

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

...Your very bright.
    You're

:P

Not so bright yourself! :pac:

I didn't even know there was a jab we could get now.

I would avoid the vaccine like the plague (Literally :pac: ) because it is man made. (just like Swine flu which is also a synthetic cocktail recently developed by the Global elite to suppress worldwide population), I would do what is best and that is to live it out and RUN TO THE HILLS !!!! :D

i might ask for 2 doses.
    or go to two different places to get the doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

PinkTulips wrote: »
    it's just flu fgs!
    'flu killed more people in 1918 than died in the First World War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Er, no , actually the jab is free. I never said anything about doctor fee's maybe the doctors will charge Im not sure but the vaccine itself will be free. Your very bright.

Why thank you. But if you think the jab is free, think again. The government will have to pay the manufacturers (they're hadly developing it and giving it away) and they'll be using taxpayers money. So add that to the doctor's fee.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

No way I will take the jab as all the pointers are the jab will will kill or injure you severly faster than the what looks to be a low level attack flu type

http://www.oneworldscam.com/news_test.php?subaction=showfull&id=1246566360&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

"http://www.oneworldscam.com/news_test.php?subaction=showfull&id=1246566360&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&" or for vaccine expert Dr Tennpenny " www.DrTenpenny.com "
    The new H1N1 (”swine flu”) vaccine is being made by the pharmaceutical company Novartis. It will contain MF59, a potentially debilitating adjuvant.

MF-59 is oil-based and composed of squalene, Tween 80 and Span85. All oil adjuvants injected into rats were found to be toxic. All rats injected developed a disease similar to multiple sclerosis which left them crippled and dragging their paralyzed hindquarters across their cages. (Kenney, RT. Edleman, R. “Survey of human-use adjuvants,” Expert Review of Vaccines, 2003 p171)

Squalene causes severe arthritis (3 on a scale of 4). Squalene in humans at 10-20 parts per billion leads to severe immune responses, such as autoimmune arthritis and lupus. (Matsumoto, Gary. Vaccine A: The Covert Government Experiment That’s Killing Our Soldiers and Why GI’s Are Only the First Victims of this Vaccine, New York: Basic Books. P54)

In the full link is what one world expert on vaccines and flu jabs has to say on all flu jabs and how much more dangerous this new flu jab will be as it contains the same stuff that crippled and injured and even killed thousands of Gulf War 1 USA army troops:eek:

Save lives and tell everybody about this link
    "http://www.oneworldscam.com/news_test.php?subaction=showfull&id=1246566360&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&"
    and for expert vaccine info dr tenpenny

http://drtenpenny.com/swine_flu.aspx

"http://drtenpenny.com/swine_flu.aspx"

what Dr tennpenny also says about Novavax
    drtenpenny wrote:
    Novavax uses genetic information and "recombinant, virus-like particle technology" to rapidly engineer a vaccine. Its technology has only been through Phase II clinical trials but might be released prematurely. Novavax’s CEO, Rahul Singhvi announced Friday, "There is an emergency authorization avenue that is available that would allow us to use the vaccine in an emergency without further testing." The Division-E provisions would protect the company from all liability.

Felloow Irish informed of the dangers of the vaccine jab then might be able to make a informed choice and not take this very risky flu jab and stop many Irish to be injured or killed as ultimaly a huge raft of perminatly injured Irish will destroy the Irish economy for good as the taxxes would have to be severly hiked up to pay to support a huge injured population

Also be aware oftern the drug companies pay the doctors extra fees of betrween € 100 and €1000 euros when they want the doctors to push a dodgy jab on the reluctant population and the extra fee the drug companies easily recoup selling more snake oil cures for the injuries the vaccines did to the previously healthy people

Apart from that I already got some months back my one years supply of tinned food stocked up and mayby tweo months of water and now looking for suitable place in stickville to ride out the show if the Sh!te hits the fan

Also be ready to fight back with pick axes shovels whatever tools you can lay your hands on as the drug companies can easily bribe or blind with crap science the minister of heath to impose a manditory vaccine jab on us against our wills so the only thing that can stop that is if the army and Garda see to much resistance from the population they might then chose to ignore the minister orders and leave the peoples alone

Be aware the Irish Garda often now go to the curragh and practice joint riot control policing methods with the Army and the practice rates have jumped ten fold recently so I assume there exist some idea is to fight the population of the ROI for some reason reason unknown in this time

some extra links and vidios here
    a few educational vidios on how bad nearly all vaccines are

http://www.infowarstv.com/video/825/Mercury-in-Vaccines-Kills-Brain-Neurons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Fdgj-Sisg

links

http://www.rense.com/general85/vacc.htm

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/98426

http://www.naturalnews.com/011764.html
    Derry

'flu killed more people in 1918 than died in the First World War.

This is why im not that particularly worried..Seasonal flu kills somewhere in the region of 350,000 per year...the impression ive gotten is the swine flu isn't as serious (but may possibly kill you if you had a pre existing condition)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

"Flu killed more people in 1918 than WWI". This wasn't the flu as we know it today, it was the Spanish Flu, and it too started off as a relativly mild outbreak back in spring/summer 1918 then mutated later that year to kill millions upon millions, and that is what people are afraid will happen now with this Flu Pandemic.

Thanks Derry for your post.

This Thread wasn't started as a joke.

The sh1ts gonna hit the fan later this year so get your beans/tin openers/kleenex and whatever else you think you'll need and then
    RUN TO THE HILLS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

rameire wrote: »
    i might ask for 2 doses.
    or go to two different places to get the doses.
    I hope you have plenty of make up to cover up spots. :D

Halfdog wrote: »
    I hope you have plenty of make up to cover up spots. :D

i could borrow some from the wife,
    but if all we be as derry and sue say, i wont be going out as people will be like zombies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

suey71 wrote: »
    "Flu killed more people in 1918 than WWI". This wasn't the flu as we know it today, it was the Spanish Flu, and it too started off as a relativly mild outbreak back in spring/summer 1918 then mutated later that year to kill millions upon millions, and that is what people are afraid will happen now with this Flu Pandemic.

Thanks Derry for your post.

This Thread wasn't started as a joke.

The sh1ts gonna hit the fan later this year so get your beans/tin openers/kleenex and whatever else you think you'll need and then
    RUN TO THE HILLS.

My informaation suggests the new swine flu is a bio wheaponised flu made in a lab in the USA as the flu virus is 2 parts european human virus 2 parts north american swine flu and two parts asian bird flu virus.

That doesnt happen in nature and there is no traceable family history to this virus it just appeared from nowhere so it is a classic artifical construction virus

This virus has a rapid mutation rate much faster than a normal virus so it is in effect vaccine proof as as quick as you make a vaccine the flu will have mutated so much that the vaccine would be just a waste of time

However although there does exist some risk of the flu mutating to a nasty flu the track records of flu virus mutations going lethal is a rare event and the flu should probably remain fairly harmeless to most healthy people

However as it is a highly milatrised virus it might require a second virus input agent to make it lethal .The vector in that case could very well be the vaccine which is a trojan horse to trigger the lethal response from the vaccine and virus combination

It is also possible a whsecond virich trasmitts quickly like some form of cold virus of no significance in terms of getting sick or death etc could be also released and that could be the vector that triggers a lethal respoonse when the two virus are combined inside a human body

It might also be just the biggest money making scam this centery and the big pharmasuticals release the virus and then make a fortune selling a useless vaccine to governments .

My research indicates that big pharma companies that make vaccine like BAXTER come often from a milatary wheopon and bio warefare industry background. Along with most of the other pharmas who dabble in the bio warfare industry to some extent makes me not interested to take any more of thier snake oil.

But if you want to take the lethal injection go ahead its your a$$ on the line .

I also tell as many people as I can to buy as much food as possible now as if everybody has food then if nessary we can stay in our own homes and wait out the epedimic but if very few people have food reserves then there will be chaos in cities as food supplies run down as transport of food cant be done with high levels of sickness effecting important food distribution systems .

if the Sh!te doesnt hit the fan I just got a bucket load of cans of LIDL ham and Tuna and other foodstuffs I got to eat or maybe give to charity shops to feed those more poor than myself .

Its like insurance hopefully I get to not to need the stuff but best to have the most solutions as posible as one thing is sure the government of the ROI has its head up it a$$ and hasnt any idea what to do and should be advising all people to stock up on food now as there is no working vaccine solution for this virus and the big Pharas are telling huge and dangerous porkies to them

Derry

I can't see it being that bad. Most of it is just the media hyper-exaggerating for dramatic effect.

Either way I'm not too worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

I can't see it being that bad. Most of it is just the media hyper-exaggerating for dramatic effect.

Either way I'm not too worried.
    I would be very worried if jabs became manditory.

• Advertisement

Halfdog wrote: »
    I would be very worried if jabs became manditory.

i hope they do.
    another way to tag everyone with a gps

Advertisement