Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fatboy Slim - Marlay Park - August 2nd

• 30-06-2009 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Playin marlay park bank holiday sunday august 2nd,

support from fake blood, calvin harris, dizzee rascal, david guetta

gonna be epic :eek: :pac: :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Couldn't find a thread on this gig, looks like some class concert though.

Tickets €69.50

Date: Sunday 2nd August

Special Guests are - Dizzee Rascal, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Zane Lowe, DJ Burns.

Was thinking of going myself.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asbmvFsk8go

If its any thing like that it will be unreal!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Fake Blood not on the line up? Pretty sure I heard that. seen Fake Blood open for Diplo and was very impressed by the live show.

I'd be going for everyone on that line-up....except Fatboy Slim :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Fake Blood not on the line up? Pretty sure I heard that. seen Fake Blood open for Diplo and was very impressed by the live show.

I'd be going for everyone on that line-up....except Fatboy Slim :rolleyes:

Fake Blood are on the line up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TheWifeBeater

Whats the story with this gig. Is it over-18s? Is there much demand for tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Still tickets for sale anyway.

Going myself, only reason is I got a free ticket, should be a great gig mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Thinking about going to this. Still remember seeing his Brighton gig a few years ago and thinking Wow. Will see closer to the date but pretty tempted right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Im going to this, but at the mo by myself coz none of my friends are going:(.

Anyone ever go to gig by themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

andreac wrote: »

Not an irish gig,but went to Bloc Party on my own in brisbane in Australia and it was amazing,I just started talking to different people in the beer queue then hung around with a couple of them for the day!

On topic,Fatboy Slim should be awesome,looking forward to seeing that David Guetta song aswell!

yeah i cant wait, think ill go anyway, even if it is on my own, feck it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

If I can get the money for this I'll go. Whats the capacity for Marley Park?

@ The guy going by himself, you'll be grand. You will most likely get talking to a load of randomers most likely. Some of the best fun I had at oxegen was when I was by myself and got talking to randomers.

Oh im a girl by the way:D

Not sure the capacity though, cant imagine it would be more than 10 or 20,000?? but i could be way off.

32,000 capacity according to wiki.;)

Ooops, i was a bit off with my numbers:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 myth.

yea.. i'm hitting it.

should be fun.. i'm getting my ticket soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

tickets are sellng very poor for this know from a guy involved in it or working with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tickets are sellng very poor for this know from a guy involved in it or working with it

Most likely because €70 is waaaaay too expensive for the good part of the lineup. They should have dropped Fatboy and charged €30-€40 for the rest of the acts...
    Booked a few tickets for this the other day, such a contrast in value!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

It looks like a pretty good line up alright.

Btw whats the song playing in the backround on the TV ad for the concert? Anyone know? Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 god like genius

martydunf wrote: »
    It looks like a pretty good line up alright.

Btw whats the song playing in the backround on the TV ad for the concert? Anyone know? Cheers!

the 2 nd one is david guetta

I want to know what the 3rd song is

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

so ragin im not goin to this gig the line up is class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Hey guys, Does anybody know if there are buses going to marlay park from dublin city centre? if so, from where?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

andreac wrote: »

I wouldn't go to a gig on your own if you're a girl tbh especially this one!! Don't get me wrong I love fat boy slim and am hoping to get to this gig myself, but im expecting a lot of scangers there off their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Eamo87 wrote: »
    Hey guys, Does anybody know if there are buses going to marlay park from dublin city centre? if so, from where?

Thanks in advance

Get the 16 from o connel st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

yeah €70 is kinda way too expensive for this actually, I'm not goin. The last gig I was at in marlay park was only 2 years ago and had Kaiser chiefs, The Blizzards, The Fratellis, Ash, and was only €49. Once ppl keep payin these stupid ripoff prices, they'll continue to charge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 loriandidita

hey, i just got tickets for the gig and cant wait. does anyone know what the policy is with bringing drink in? i went to faithless a few years ago and as far as i can remember they threw away any bottles u had although my mind isnt for sure?? thanks

hey, i just got tickets for the gig and cant wait. does anyone know what the policy is with bringing drink in? i went to faithless a few years ago and as far as i can remember they threw away any bottles u had although my mind isnt for sure?? thanks

Doubt any drink will be allow in, defo not glass bottles anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Get the 16 from o connel st

Cheers. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Not often I would have cause to say this but fair play to MCD.

Just received an email offering me a fre ticket to Fatboy Slim in Marlay park as a goodwill gesture over the Slane debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

well I'd have mixed feelings about that - nice that you got something (I remember getting a choice of Meat Loaf or Bryan Adams tickets when Ozzy Osbourne didn't show at his own gig years back) - but in all honesty you are only getting that because the gig isn't selling well, if it were they wouldn't have offered tou anything....

still it's some sort of compensation for the crap you had to put up with, I just wish they would fix the problems rather than throw tickets at people....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

NIBBS wrote: »
    well I'd have mixed feelings about that - nice that you got something (I remember getting a choice of Meat Loaf or Bryan Adams tickets when Ozzy Osbourne didn't show at his own gig years back) - but in all honesty you are only getting that because the gig isn't selling well, if it were they wouldn't have offered tou anything....

still it's some sort of compensation for the crap you had to put up with, I just wish they would fix the problems rather than throw tickets at people....

ya, I knew the tickets weren't selling well for it but still at least it's a gesture. I was more expecting just the usual "we will review things" "won't happen again" etc.

The tickets are selling (or not selling :D) for €70, so it's a decent offer.

Advertisement