Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatboy Slim - Marlay Park - August 2nd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭TheDemiurge

Marley is one of the nicest and most user friendly venues going. Compact, easy access to loos, food, etc. Numerous exits in and out.

Can't wait for this gig. I'm a rocker at heart but U2 were such rubbish I can't wait to let it all hang out at Fatboy's gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

cartman444 wrote: »
    coz kaizer chiefs are muck!!! and dizzee rascal,david guetta and calvin harris> daft punk.......:D

Ah now, Daft Punk are amazing live. I'd pay 70 euro to see them alone.

Wellies tomorrow everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roondog

thanks guys 4 the info bout marley... hope 2 see u all there. do u no if there will be drink bein sold inside and would it be hard to get served without id?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

roondog wrote: »
    thanks guys 4 the info bout marley... hope 2 see u all there. do u no if there will be drink bein sold inside and would it be hard to get served without id?

Last time I was at a gig in Marlay (which was a few years back) they were checking IDs at the bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Can anyone tell me the time its expected to finish at?

• Advertisement

meepins wrote: »

About 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

meepins wrote: »
    Local residents have been told it will be over by 10:45, so it will probably be 11pm. Drink isn't being sold until the first act starts, so that's 2:30, I drove past today at 5 and there were still a lot of people outside, they seem to have a drinking area set up across from centra where you can drink before you go in.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Is it the 16 bus you need to get from o connel street?

And is this an over 17 gig? Is so are they strict on the ID? If its like oxegen ill be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

dont wanna sound like of the moans but does anyone know the price of a drink at this? probably crazy prices

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Is it the 16 bus you need to get from o connel street?

And is this an over 17 gig? Is so are they strict on the ID? If its like oxegen ill be grand.

nah its over 16's and theres gonna be a special bus going to it http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Special-Events/Fatboy-Slim-at-Marlay-Park/

• Advertisement

lifesgood wrote: »
    dont wanna sound like of the moans but does anyone know the price of a drink at this? probably crazy prices

When I was there 3 years ago it was a flat fiver for a pit of bud or a glass of wine (all that was available).

ah yeh a fiver wouldnt be the worst anyway, thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sorry lads pints of Coors and Heineken will be €6 . Was at Metallica earlier and that was the price . Since there was no rain the ground was grand no muck at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I guarantee it will be €6 a "pint", which is 500ml according to mcd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mahoomeister

Hey,

Does anyone know if you can bring in your own drink? Cans like, no bottles obviously.. Festival style! Can't wait for this gig!

- Mahoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I have never seen such a gathering of scumbags in my life as the crowd I witnessed heading in to this tonight.

Fair play to the Gardai for having such patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

I have never seen such a bunch of pikies and pieballs in my life, the crowd were pure filth. That however was not my biggest complaint. Fatboy Slim's set was nothing short of a disgrace. Literally the worst 'bigtime' gig i have ever witnessed, the guy is a joke. Only thing that kept it going was the crowds refusal to let the shiet tunes dampen their fun. I had a great laugh over the coursae of the day but I will never pay to see Norman Cook again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 James Jeans

+1 on the ropey crowd
    +1 on Fatboy Slim ****ness
    Still good though...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thought it was a great gig in all, and a great day. Crowd was filth as someone said but sure most people are bang on if you have a chat with them. Free tickets and a €250 profit.

Got a 16a out and had to get the special Dublin Bus home, the driver was nothing but a gent, stopped to pick people up, wouldn't take any money and dropped me off at Leonards Corner and saved me a walk home from home, if you're reading this you're a true gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DC1923

calvin harris was unreal, Dizzee rascal was unreal, David guetta was pretty boring nd Fatboy slims intro and ending wer sumtin else.... unreal show he put on wit all de crazy lights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

I have never seen such a bunch of pikies and pieballs in my life, the crowd were pure filth. That however was not my biggest complaint. Fatboy Slim's set was nothing short of a disgrace. Literally the worst 'bigtime' gig i have ever witnessed, the guy is a joke. Only thing that kept it going was the crowds refusal to let the shiet tunes dampen their fun. I had a great laugh over the coursae of the day but I will never pay to see Norman Cook again.
    +1. Got a free ticket myself and took a stroll up to the park (only live 10 minutes away) Never EVER in my life have i seen such a complete bunch of pikey,scumbag,junkie,doped up clowns in all my life at a gig. It was like the bastard childern from Tallaght,Rialto,Fatima,Ballymun,skangerville rolled into one up there this evening. Thank god i made it home in one piece.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

DC1923 wrote: »
    unreal show he put on wit all de crazy lights

So the music wasn't good enough to warrant a mention. Wow. Must have been ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

it sounded pretty crap from my back garden - twas very loud all the same!
    Mad looking bunch of Ravers they were too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

wasn't there myself but for those who said fatboy slim's set was crap, why? What stuff did he play and what did ye expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

im a pikey and fat boy slim was bleeding awsome. stuff all yous motherstuffers with your negative buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah there were a fair few scumbags but I've learned to ignore them at this stage so it didn't really bother me.

Thought Fatboy played a great set, maybe not as crowd pleasing as some people may have expected but still really good. Visuals were great too and the rain actually really added to the lasers!

Fake Blood was amazing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

beartooth wrote: »
    im a pikey and fat boy slim was bleeding awsome. stuff all yous motherstuffers with your negative buzz

What is a motherstuffer?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Never seen so many complete and utter scumbags in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

Great gig, fake blood was excellent, Fatboy Slim did an awesome dj set. Maybe people just expected him to blast out his greatest hits but thats not really his style.

Agree there was an interesting bunch of people there, i was told a few times that i was a copper from one group and where i thought it was funny to begin with after a little while it descended into more verbal abuse and then the threat of them kicking the sh?t out of a copper and me being told if your not a copper you'd have Fcuked off by now....

Needless to say myself and the rest of our group departed that part of the field... not a nice experience!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lol, I'm glad to see everyone with the same sentiment I had!

The young crowd for metallica were so tame in comparison, they were all polite and kept to themselves, however the absolute SCUM that we're lingering around Marley last night were starting fights, young skobies asking everyone to buy them drink and going ballistic when they were refused, giving the Gardai abuse etc.

As a resident of the area, although I like Fatboy Slim, Calvin Harris and the rest, I'd hope to never see another dance/electronic gig held at Marley. Rock gigs are great but I never want to see such a collection of knackers near my house again, unless I'm planning on bombing them of course :)

Advertisement