Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

N25 - Waterford City Bypass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

Road-Hog wrote: »
    N25 Waterford bypass was always intended to be an N road upgarde built to Motorway standard, it may well get a redesignation in the future to make rosslare to Cork motorway and be ireland's version of the M25

If the road is built to motorway standard it should be re-designated ASAP to prevent inappropriate development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

serfboard wrote: »
    If the road is built to motorway standard it should be re-designated ASAP to prevent inappropriate development.

Can you define what you mean by inappropriate development?

At the moment there are only 4nr entry points onto the bypass which is something link 17kms in length, do you mean lots of industrial type/retail parks close to these entry points, we will have to watch out for 'rougue type' rezoning at these points in future years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

One of my big concerns is safety. I was hoping that even if it didn't get motorway status, they'd at least designate a large portion of it as "clearway" with restrictions on bicycles, pedestrians, tractors etc.

Judging by the broken yellow line, that hasn't been done...

Can you define what you mean by inappropriate development?

At the moment there are only 4nr entry points onto the bypass which is something link 17kms in length, do you mean lots of industrial type/retail parks close to these entry points, we will have to watch out for 'rougue type' rezoning at these points in future years

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is, that if it is not motorway, then any number of exits could be opened onto the road without too much difficulty, allowing any sort of development to take place and clogging up the road.

I'm certainly not opposed to sustainable, well-planned industrial/residential development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

serfboard wrote: »
    I'm certainly not opposed to sustainable, well-planned industrial/residential development.

Pity that FF are.

You'll never see that type of development on the Waterford Bypass, more than likely, if the economy gets going, we'll see retail parks sellotaped onto the (badly-designed) Grannagh junction.

• Advertisement

BluntGuy wrote: »
    One of my big concerns is safety. I was hoping that even if it didn't get motorway status, they'd at least designate a large portion of it as "clearway" with restrictions on bicycles, pedestrians, tractors etc.

Judging by the broken yellow line, that hasn't been done...

I think you should have a look clauses 8.1 and 8.2 on page 7 of the following document:

http://www.nra.ie/PublicPrivatePartnership/TollingDocumentation/file,16116,en.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Some new photos:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

The official lines from the NRA is that they only want long stretches of road as motorway. This is why Waterford, Ballincollig and Dunkettle - Carrigtwohill are remaining as N.

Now they contradict themselves by trying to redesignate the 14km N2, but thats another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

wellbutty wrote: »
    Some new photos:

Great photos wellbutty. Cant wait to drive this scheme when its finished later this year.

tech2 wrote: »
    Great photos wellbutty. Cant wait to drive this scheme when its finished later this year.

Echo that. Brilliant photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Bards

came accross this site today

www.southlink.ie

CRG have subcontracted the tolling to them so they are advertising jobs - they also have a gallery of the Bridge/toll booths under construction

EDIT:

Published Toll Charges

Motor Cycles
    € 1.00

Motor Cars
    € 1.90

Buses or Coaches
    € 3.40

Goods Vehicles with a design gross weight not exceeding 3,500 kilograms
    € 3.40

Goods Vehicles with design gross weight exceeding 3,500 kgs & having 2 or 3 axles
    € 4.80

Goods Vehicles with design gross weight exceeding 3,500 kgs & 4 or more axles
    € 6.10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Bards wrote: »
    came accross this site today

www.southlink.ie

CRG have subcontracted the tolling to them so they are advertising jobs - they also have a gallery of the Bridge/toll booths under construction

EDIT:

Published Toll Charges

Motor Cycles
    € 1.00

Motor Cars
    € 1.90

Buses or Coaches
    € 3.40

Goods Vehicles with a design gross weight not exceeding 3,500 kilograms
    € 3.40

Goods Vehicles with design gross weight exceeding 3,500 kgs & having 2 or 3 axles
    € 4.80

Goods Vehicles with design gross weight exceeding 3,500 kgs & 4 or more axles
    € 6.10

€1.90 is reasonable IMO when you consider youd spend that on petrol traffic and time crossing the Suir in Waterford city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1.90? For petes sake whats wrong with 2 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

mike65 wrote: »
    1.90? For petes sake whats wrong with 2 euro?

If you want to give them your €2 then im sure theyll accept

Will they have throw baskets? If so then 2 euro makes sense.

Will they have throw baskets? If so then 2 euro makes sense.

Buy a tag, save all the hassle

I wont ever use the road except on day one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I wont ever use the road except on day one ;)

That's what they all say, Mike.

€1.90 says you'll have an e-flow tag in your Panzerwagen a year from now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Buy a tag, save all the hassle

Will the tag lane have a barrier on it or have they learned their lesson from the M50?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Hey lads, does anyone know if there'll be a phased opening of this road such as the Kilmeaden bypass maybe opening before the rest of of it?

The Kilmeaden bypass to the outer ring road looks practically finished (lined and studded) and I drive from Cork City to Dunmore East quite alot via the ORR.

It's a complete balls having to drive through that town.

• Advertisement

Hey lads, does anyone know if there'll be a phased opening of this road such as the Kilmeaden bypass maybe opening before the rest of of it?

The Kilmeaden bypass to the outer ring road looks practically finished (lined and studded) and I drive from Cork City to Dunmore East quite alot via the ORR.

It's a complete balls having to drive through that town.

There will be no phased opening:(

Kilmeaden will be delighted to have been called a town as its barely a village. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

When's the N25 bypass due to open? this Autumn or so?

When's the N25 bypass due to open? this Autumn or so?

Supposed to be by end of september but rumours are flying around that it may not be until end of year or even Jan/Feb 2010........:(

Supposed to be by end of september but rumours are flying around that it may not be until end of year or even Jan/Feb 2010........:(

It will be end of September/Early October

It will be end of September/Early October

What is your basis for these dates bards? The local press i.e. Munster Express or News and Star or the Southlink web site?

What is your basis for these dates bards? The local press i.e. Munster Express or News and Star or the Southlink web site?

all of the above plus engineers working on the project.

The original Contract was 42 Months from April 2006 . CRG then get charged penalties if it goes over, why advertise for jobs in Munster-Express if it won't be for another 6 months???http://www.munster-express.ie/files/2009/06/jobs1.pdf

Alod a quote from http://www.southlink.ie/Download.html

" The recruitment process is being planned for July and August with training for successful applicants taking place in September consistent with the opening of the Project Road. Further updates on the completion of the Project Road will be posted on this website throughout the summer."

Where are the rumours coming from (The High Stool??)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

has the bridge reached grannagh yet? if not it must be any day now?

deiseman21 wrote: »
    has the bridge reached grannagh yet? if not it must be any day now?

yes, it's accross

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Whos going to be the daring one to drive across it with a camera?

Advertisement