Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cobh's 'White Witch' Helen Barrett- What are your experiences with her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vercork

hi

can anyone give me the white witch helen barret phone number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

LCDeelite wrote: »
    The following really made me laugh.. :pac: It's very good! It's from someone's blog..

05 April 2007

White Witch

I'm practically falling asleep as I write this (with the keyboard exerting a kind of magnetic attraction on my head), so I'll be brief..

A chronology of my life according to Helen Barrett:

Well firstly, apparently my wrinkly palms are a result of the fact that I'm a very old soul (as opposed to any dirty jokes you wish to haul out of their worn and weathered cases)! I'm also psychic - as signified by a cross on my left palm! I'm so old though, that this is my last time in this life - last roll of the dice so to speak. I don't really mind though, given that I've drowned in previous lives and the fact that I'm not due to pop my clogs 'til I'm 84 anyway.

So there's this guy... with whom I shall form a deep bond/connection with at 23. At 25 he'll propose (possibly on my birthday), house at 26, married at 27 and babba at 28. How...common or garden. Sigh. However, this baby shall be a boy and will grow up to be famous. There's also a connection with him and military/sporting medals! Two years later are twin girls, followed by a girl, a boy and another boy - all at varying intervals...'cept I probably wont have all these kids because I'll prob. need sections. Helen's confident that they'll come back as grandkids.

But who's the guy? Well I'm glad you asked! Because I'm not going to tell you! Not here anyway...Ask me in person though, you'll laugh if I do decide to tell you... All she showed me were his initials, but it's gas:) Who elso though..? At 35, I'm going to be tempted by someone returning into my life with the initial 'G' (is that a bell you hear ringing?). If I succumb to the affair, it'll break my heart and my marriage..It's going to be a 'major decision' apparently. Not much of a decision from where I'm standing... Other initials in my hand include an M with a star inside it (indicating celebrity). Or W depending on your point of view...

What else...erm... oh ya, I'm going to have a dog and a horse, live in a large house on a hill and retire at 60. I'm going to travel loads and I've an inordinate amount of luck coming my way. I should return to Ireland eventually though..

And before you mount your high horse in preparation of deriding all of this - back off; I never said I believed any of it. Anyway, I'm getting a real horse. So there. WOOHOO!

P.S. Apparently men perceive me as beng innocent.

P.P.S. I'll post about Dublin sometime when I'm feeling a little more lucid... Did I mention ELECTRIC PICNIC? No? I will do... Fair warning...

Posted by Fomma at 23:41 icon18_edit_allbkg.gif
    Labels: Cob-h

1 comments:

Anthony Whelan said... I do perceive you as innocent. I'm not a fortune teller though. How much she charge you?
    08 April 2007 00:34 icon_delete13.gif

I went to see her 9 years ago and that is almost exactly what she said to me! Am 28 now and none of the things have happened yet.

Some things she told me I thought were very accurate. Others a bit bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

LCDeelite that's strange I was also told by the white witch that i will meet a M he'll propose (possibly on my birthday), Then a big house, married at 27 and baby at 31 How...common or garden. Sigh. However, this baby shall be a boy and will grow up to be famous. There's also a connection with him and military/sporting medals! Two years later are twin girls, followed by a girl, a boy and another boy - all at varying intervals...'cept I probably wont have all these kids because I'll prob. need sections. Helen's confident that they'll come back as grandkids.
    Hmmmmm sounds Strangely Familiar dont you think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Jenosul wrote: »
    LCDeelite that's strange I was also told by the white witch that i will meet a M he'll propose (possibly on my birthday), Then a big house, married at 27 and baby at 31 How...common or garden. Sigh. However, this baby shall be a boy and will grow up to be famous. There's also a connection with him and military/sporting medals! Two years later are twin girls, followed by a girl, a boy and another boy - all at varying intervals...'cept I probably wont have all these kids because I'll prob. need sections. Helen's confident that they'll come back as grandkids.

I was told the exact same thing last April...me smells a rat. At least she was only €25.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

Jenosul wrote: »

Christ, it needs to be said in plain terms... THE WHITE WITCH IS FULL OF SH!T! Seriously. All of the feedback from people on here, or the feedback uncovered elsewhere and added here, is confirmation of my initial suspicions regarding her. This thread should also serve as a 20081203_045red-flag-on-grey_w.jpg red flag for any poor soul scavenging for this silly woman's phone number in anticipation of a visit and the subsequent provision of money for being told recycled bullsh!t!

Jenosul, I've lost count of the number of people I know (male and female) who have been told all this nonsense about...

a) living in a big house (the usual location she gives to people for this "big house" is either in Canada or simply near/by water).
    b) having famous sportsmen kids when in their 30s (never eventually famous female sportspeople, funnily enough), or eventually famous military sons.
    and
    c) getting married (not everybody wants to get married, in fairness, just like with the having children bullsh!t above).

She's also said to numerous (female) people that they'll require C-sections to wangle their way around multiple pregnancies and that, oh yes, fret not, the little f-ckers will come back as grandchildren! :pac:

What is it with the usual, dreadfully predictable sing-song about marriage, sports-minded (male) kids, big houses, and reincarnated once-upon-a-time-dead kids?? F-ck, Helen! Like, can you not think up some new verbal diarrhoea to dispense to the masses??! I could do a better fake-psychic job myself! :D

I was told the exact same thing last April...me smells a rat. At least she was only €25.00.

Yeah, partyguinness, she's been repeating the same sh!te to everyone over the last, like, 10 years, I reckon. Or can anyone (who isn't taking the p!ss) come forward and contradict the aforementioned?? I can only think of one possible exception to Helen being a complete joke..

I know a friend of my sister's who went to see Helen with her friends for a laugh (as you do) when they were about 15 y.o. They went on the hop from school for the day and headed off down to Cobh for a bit of entertainment instead. My sister's friend (whom I know vaguely well) was told by Helen at the time that she would move to Scotland permanently at 21, meet her future husband there when she was aged 22, whose initials would be 'D McK', and that she would have a female kid (with him, obv.) at the age of 24. She told my sister all of these 'predictions' when they were all at school the following day and yapping about where they had been and what the W.W. had said, etc.

Well, cut to seven years later and beyond, and all of those predictions began to unfold/have fully manifested. I know you could argue that it was the 'power of suggestion' at work that prompted her to do all of those things, but it just so happens that she's now very happy in life regardless of all that.

It would have been around 1997 when this friend of my sister's saw Helen, btw...

The W.W. has gone to sh!t ever since, evidently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I gave Belen Harrett €20, haw haw haw. :pac: :D Why anyone hasnt done a fly-on-the-wall documentary on the White Witch yet is beyond me. Itd be gas.

Sinall wrote: »
    I went to see her 9 years ago and that is almost exactly what she said to me! Am 28 now and none of the things have happened yet.

Some things she told me I thought were very accurate. Others a bit bizarre.

Sinall, what sorta things did she tell u (w/o goin into too much detail) that u thought were "very accurate"? Im curious. Honestly,she didnt tell me or my gf at the time anythin that we thought was accurate, but Id be interested 2 hear the general sort of non-cold-reading-garnered stuff she told u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Blackwater

Hi theu there,

Have been to Helen several times years ago, thought initally she was good but been to much better since...found two great readers in Cork can give you their no.s if ye want to email me. One lady reads tarot and spirit cards if you want then. Very accurate and good value for money
    livingquarterslq@yahoo.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 seanie2009

Hi,

Could you please send it on to me also. By the way did you find her any good?

• Advertisement

seanie2009 wrote: »
    Hi,

Could you please send it on to me also. By the way did you find her any good?

seanie which number are you looking for? The White Witch's one or the other two readers' numbers Blackwater was recommending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Blackwater

Found White Witch ok, but others have been more accurate with specific messages and questions answered without telling question from other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 seanie2009

Both please.

seanie2009 wrote: »
    Both please.

check your PM inbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

broomstick nearly clocked me one night, and I nearly tripped over her black cat trying to get out of the way

broomstick nearly clocked me one night, and I nearly tripped over her black cat trying to get out of the way

Which end of it? :p :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 woodsa

i went to the white witch a few months back and was really excited to go because my friends had gone before. while it was a fun trip out there(went with a few friends) i kinda felt she didnt tell my anything really specific. it seems the be the same as everyone else, marriage, kids, one in the army, famous sportsman, affairs etc. she didnt tell me anything about me that made me think wow she's really good! she mentioned one thing about my family which was a little weird but looking back i can't remember if i led her into it or if she knew it anyway. it was a fun day out but i'd never go to her to ask her specific questions or let her influence my life. if you're at a crossroads she's not someone i'd ask. i know one of my friends who's taken what she's said to heart and is letting it affect her life for the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 woodsa

one other thing, does anyone know if Annette Singleton in Cork city is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 socratesden

Does anybody have the phone number of the white witch in Cobh?

woodsa wrote: »
    i went to the white witch a few months back and was really excited to go because my friends had gone before. while it was a fun trip out there(went with a few friends) i kinda felt she didnt tell my anything really specific. it seems to be the same as everyone else, marriage, kids, one in the army, famous sportsman, affairs etc. she didnt tell me anything about me that made me think wow she's really good! She mentioned one thing about my family which was a little weird but looking back i can't remember if i led her into it or if she knew it anyway. it was a fun day out but i'd never go to her to ask her specific questions or let her influence my life. if you're at a crossroads she's not someone i'd ask. i know one of my friends who's taken what she's said to heart and is letting it affect her life for the worst

Yeah, she's a great laugh when you head along to her with a few friends. She's a fascinating woman who's incredibly interesting. You leave her with a whole, new perspective, or something. She's just a bit lacking or possibly unfocused in the psychic ability department. In order to be certain that you didn't prompt the reader in any way concerning your life's details, the most advisable thing to do is to record the whole thing for yourself. Then there can be no doubts in your mind about questionable or unquestionable veracity afterwards.

Sorry to hear your friend has adopted the White Witch's advice as gospel and has altered her decisions, and such. I think your friend would be much better off going to Veronica in Blackpool, Annette Singleton in Cork city, or Stephanie in Cobh instead. They don't bullsh!t or unintentionally influence people into taking action they wouldn't have even considered otherwise.

You know someone's bullsh!tting when they tell you something related to the immediate and/or distant future that you never even thought about doing, or thought about at any point. It should be remembered that nobody is an unaware moron and that we all have some vague inkling on some level about how our lives are going to turn out based on our current actions, and what direction we'll head in as time goes on. I think the best time for this sort of reflecting is either just before you feel you'll fall asleep or when you wake up first thing in the morning...
    woodsa wrote: »
    one other thing, does anyone know if Annette Singleton in Cork city is any good?

Myself, two of my friends, and a fellow Boards user have been to her and we were all satisfied with what she said. Not because it was what we wanted to hear necessarily, but because it strongly resonated with what was going on in our lives. She predicted last year that I would seek out a doctor in April of this year due to a minor health problem. I insisted that I'm rarely ill and that I don't like visiting doctors or hospitals even when I'm feeling like death. Well, early April rolled along and I noticed I felt very weak and dizzy. I thought lying down and getting more fresh air would make it go away but a week passed where I was still feeling the same way, and off to the doctor's I reticently went. She said I had low blood pressure and prescribed something for me. So, that was one thing for me that has manifested itself. She also said that someone very significant would re-enter my life the following month (from the reading), which did happen and has remained. For the best. :) She predicted that I would be invited to a relative's wedding that would take place in around July or August. I said I couldn't think of anyone in my family (close and extended) that would be getting married, and that I hate going to weddings anyway. Well, I received an invitation in May to attend my cousin's wedding, which is happening next Friday! I decided to go because I have always really liked that particular cousin. :) There are some other predictions that are yet to happen, but the next major one is supposed to pop up next September...

Annette told my friend to be careful of where she's walking about four months from then (that would be March 2009). A few of us were walking along a footpath one evening and my friend (the one who went to Annette) was up on the sort of 'ledge' beside the footpath, placing one foot in front of the other. Then she tripped over and wound up fracturing a bone in her ankle, the eejit. :pac: It was very painful, though.

So, the overall verdict is that Annette is very, very good. She's also a genuinely lovely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 socratesden

Myself and two others went to the white witch when i was third year in college. It did it as a laugh. That was over ten years ago. Are you ready to be spooked.

My predictions were quite similar to everyones. Married at the age of 24 - which was wrong. Im still waiting for Mr Right. She actually told me the name of the guy i was going to marry and that i knew him already. I do know of the family but there are no sons!!!
    She mentioned twins, military, famous sportsman, luck and good health.
    She mentioned going to the US, boat and horses!!! - No idea.
    She mentioned a loyal husband but i was going to have an affair!!!
    Going to die at the age of 84.

Now the other two girls were she was good. I mean GOOD and what she said actually came through. She was commenting that within a year X was going to happen and it did. She was very precise.

I reckon she gives a general spiel if she cant see anything. I think i may go back and she if she gives the same lines. Wont tell her thou. Am i nuts or what???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 biscuitbum

Myself and two others went to the white witch when i was third year in college. It did it as a laugh. That was over ten years ago. Are you ready to be spooked.

My predictions were quite similar to everyones. Married at the age of 24 - which was wrong. Im still waiting for Mr Right. She actually told me the name of the guy i was going to marry and that i knew him already. I do know of the family but there are no sons!!!
    She mentioned twins, military, famous sportsman, luck and good health.
    She mentioned going to the US, boat and horses!!! - No idea.
    She mentioned a loyal husband but i was going to have an affair!!!
    Going to die at the age of 84.

Now the other two girls were she was good. I mean GOOD and what she said actually came through. She was commenting that within a year X was going to happen and it did. She was very precise.

I reckon she gives a general spiel if she cant see anything. I think i may go back and she if she gives the same lines. Wont tell her thou. Am i nuts or what???
    hey i didnt realise the interest people have in all this..i myself do readings.trained in shamanism/if anyone has any interest.not happy get ur cash back

biscuitbum wrote: »
    hey i didnt realise the interest people have in all this..i myself do readings.trained in shamanism/if anyone has any interest.not happy get ur cash back

Hi,

I don't mean to come across as cantankerous now (and I'm guilty as charged of going OT in threads myself), but this thread is a discussion concerning the merits of The White Witch in Cobh, or her lack thereof. It's great that you do your own spiritual readings and shamanism, and what-not, and that you're apparently providing an honest, above-board, individually-tailored service in which you subsequently have justifiable confidence, but this isn't the place as such for utilising the evident failings of another psychic/medium/reader/whatever as convenient leverage for your own service.

Again, I don't intend to be mean-spirited and I'm not trying to discourage or disparage you, but there are more appropriate places for the above. Tbh, there should be specific threads designated for each province (Ulster, Connaught, Leinster, and Munster) where people offering services in each region are free to talk about what exactly they provide, with their contact details garnered via a link to their personal site (if applicable), or via PM...

i would agree with u 100% on that. like,she was sh/ite wi me and my ex gf but i still cant figure out for da life of me how she was dead on in getting the exact ages my mate first got married and when he got divorced :confused::confused:
    and he never told her he had been married before either or nothin,so its very weird
    but our own readings were sh/ite

[quoteLCDeelite/]Annette Singleton in Cork city, or Stephanie in Cobh instead...So, the overall verdict is that Annette is very, very good. She's also a genuinely lovely person.[/quote]

i never heard of annette singleton until u mentioned her recently but ill take your word for it. stephanie doesnt get as talked about as much as the white witch but she should because shes deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

[quoteLCDeelite/]Annette Singleton in Cork city, or Stephanie in Cobh instead...So, the overall verdict is that Annette is very, very good. She's also a genuinely lovely person.

i never heard of annette singleton until u mentioned her recently but ill take your word for it. stephanie doesnt get as talked about as much as the white witch but she should because shes deadly[/quote]

Could someone please pm me with stephanie's and or Annette Singleton's number as I have heard all good reports about them! Where in cork city is she based? Rory bates is by far the best one I have been to he ios based in clonmel but is so spot on with everything even down to names places and times it's scary!! His number doesnt seem to workin unless he is taking a break from the whole thing but he is unreal!!

Sinall, what sorta things did she tell u (w/o goin into too much detail) that u thought were "very accurate"? Im curious. Honestly,she didnt tell me or my gf at the time anythin that we thought was accurate, but Id be interested 2 hear the general sort of non-cold-reading-garnered stuff she told u.
    Sorry for taking so long to reply on this! Things that she told me that were accurate were health related (I'm asthmatic) and family related (childhood stuff and death of an uncle). She also said that I was "torn between two countries" - but that was more of an educated guess - I grew up in the UK and still have a slight English accent!

The rest of the stuff is identical to stuff she has told other people. I should be married now with two babies and will have famous sporting sons etc etc! None of the predictions she made for my life have come to pass, it was only stuff in my past that she was accurate about. Apparently I will also save someone from an earthquake!!!

Sinall wrote: »
    Sorry for taking so long to reply on this! Things that she told me that were accurate were health related (I'm asthmatic) and family related (childhood stuff and death of an uncle). She also said that I was "torn between two countries" - but that was more of an educated guess - I grew up in the UK and still have a slight English accent!

The rest of the stuff is identical to stuff she has told other people. I should be married now with two babies and will have famous sporting sons etc etc! None of the predictions she made for my life have come to pass, it was only stuff in my past that she was accurate about.

Yeah thats like what we were saying that she can get a couple of things spot on about people and then tell them goobledegook. It's funny how a fair few 'psychics' seem to be very good at getting past details right. Ive heard that about Eddie/EP Christian - excellent at the past, sh!te on the future. But then people think that 'Oh they were amazing on my past, so they'll also be amazing on nailing my future'. But it's easy to understand why people would think that. Of course, theres a very small minority of psychics in this country who can get both right.
    The White Witch sometimes get at least one thing about the past of a person right, very rarely she gets something right about the person's future or she just makes a balls of future predictions
    Apparently I will also save someone from an earthquake!!!

Oh christ I'm laughing so hard at that right now. :pac: I'll tell you what though.. I was reliably informed that she has predicted that there'll be an earthquake in Tramore either a year or a couple of years from now (cant remember which year), and shes been tellin people that they'll be part of the rescue operation when it happens!! Obviously they laughed.
    I know someone who knows about all this sh!te (earthquake in Tramore prediction) and who also knows a geologist. Funnily enough now,she (the geologist) said that it isnt unlikely that Tramore will get an earthquake because of the earth platelets forming a sort of junction point to another platelet around that area. Something like that. Im no expert,but apparently it isnt as stupid as youd think. The Witch must have been swotting up on geology lately. :pac: But to be telling a fair few randomers that they'll all be part of the rescue effort is really stupid. She probably thought she'd chance that 'prediction' because any people from Cork who come to see her would only be down the road from Tramore.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dumbblonde122

Blackwater wrote: »
    Hi theu there,

Have been to Helen several times years ago, thought initally she was good but been to much better since...found two great readers in Cork can give you their no.s if ye want to email me. One lady reads tarot and spirit cards if you want then. Very accurate and good value for money
    livingquarterslq@yahoo.ie

Hi there, can you pm me the details of the two readers you thought were very good please

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 naughty1

does anyone have a phone number for a fortune teller in cobh called stephanie. she's meant to be really good! Or anyone else who is meant to be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Princess J

Hi,
    could anyone please om me numbers for good people to go see in the Cork area, although I have a car and will travel for someone really good.
    My mother usually does my tarot cards once a year but I'd love to get some kind of reading from someone else.
    Thanks
    J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Hi I would also really appreciate it if someone could give me an no. for someone good in Cork. Stephanie or Annette Singelton. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LarissaM

im from cobh myself, i went to see helen a few years back, everyone said how great she was... but it wasnt untill last week when i was standing in line to see gypsy rose lee at the cobh regatta, i ended up talking to the girl in front of me... helen came up in conversation and we both realised she told us the same things..

-i would have my first child at 32... try 19 helen girl!!
    -i would have a foxy grandson in military and he'll go bald...haha
    -i would live by the sea... what a guess! we live on the same island!!
    -i would live in a semi-detatched house, that is true but sure that could apply to ANYONE...
    -i would be top of my business and have plenty of houses...HA!!

she didnt charge me at the time, she didnt charge any kids from cobh only adults, and i think it she done it so the word would get around, kids would believe anything, i cant describe her other than strange she is ment to be going out with a worlock (whatever that is) and hes creepy looking too. dont go to her, shes a waste of time and just draws on your hands..haha thinking back now its fairly funny, were still waiting for the cathedral to fall down hahahaha she's a gas woman and thinks very highly of herself, maybe she looked into the psychic thing a bit too much....!!
    but gypsy rose lee is very accurate id reccommend her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shellybeans06

Hi there am planning on seeing a psychic with a few friends who would you recommend and would anybody have the number of stephanie in cobh or annette in cork city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shellybeans06

Hi there, just wondering if you got stephanie or annettes number would be interested in going to see them. Thanks

LarissaM wrote: »
    im from cobh myself, i went to see helen a few years back, everyone said how great she was...

I don't know where people get these ideas that she's "great" at what she does. I just think that there are some stupidly gullible people out there who idealise and embellish their experiences with some 'psychics'. As Ive said myself before, I thought Helen was sh!te when I went to her with my ex-gf for a reading. We both did. She told us feck all. I only know one fella who said she got something right - correct ages of his marriage and his divorce - and LCDeelite knows of one person who was given accurate predictions. That's it. I dunno why she has got her great reputation because shes crap
    but it wasnt until last week when i was standing in line to see gypsy rose lee at the cobh regatta, i ended up talking to the girl in front of me... helen came up in conversation and we both realised she told us the same things..

A familiar story. :D

-i would have my first child at 32... try 19 helen girl!!
    :pac:
    -i would have a foxy grandson in military and he'll go bald...haha

Foxy and bald,Jesus she honed right in on the vital specifics :pac:
    -i would live by the sea... what a guess! we live on the same island!!

Heh heh, Helen was on fire on the day of ur reading. Genius prediction!
    -i would live in a semi-detatched house, that is true but sure that could apply to ANYONE...
    -i would be top of my business and have plenty of houses...HA!!

Ah, another familiar yarn
    she didnt charge me at the time, she didnt charge any kids from cobh only adults, and i think it she done it so the word would get around, kids would believe anything, i cant describe her other than strange she is meant to be going out with a warlock (whatever that is) and hes creepy looking too. dont go to her, shes a waste of time and just draws on your hands..haha thinking back now its fairly funny, we're still waiting for the cathedral to fall down hahahaha she's a gas woman and thinks very highly of herself, maybe she looked into the psychic thing a bit too much....!!..

Yeah he's an American bloke (the warlock). He lives there permanently I think,and they just meet up there or he comes to Ireland. I've heard he's a lot older then her, like 79 or something. Christ,what do the passport control people think when they see him walking on through and showing his passport(weird lookin warlock that he is and all)? :D Did she 'predict' the Cobh cathedral would fall down , as well? She leaves no stone unturned predictions-wise!! Why would the place fall down like? When was it that she said it'd collapse btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rue

Helen B the Elder White Witch of the Isles is an amazing witch - she does in fact know many things others of her kind never came close to knowing.

Having many readings around the world leads me to know that she is a rare jewel in the magical world of knowings.

You must go to her with a desire to know more of yourself, you must not block her visions by being closed to her info. - if you go with an open mind she can see clearly what others never came near to guessing!

I met her in St. Pete Florida when she was on a vacation - I had not spoke a word of myself nor my life and she took my hand and told me things no other could have known.

Here is my thought - because she is so informative it might be best to make sure you are not having others listen into what could be a very private bit of info about you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Whats an elder white witch?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yawhyawh

HI,ME & MY SISTER WENT TO SEE HELEN IN COBH LAST YEAR..SHE SPENT HALF HOUR WITH MY SISTER AND THEN 20 MINS WITH ME...WE WHERE INVITED INTO YOUR KITCHEN IN HER HOUSE....
    ME SISTER SAY SHE WAS OK...BUT I THOUGHT SHE WAS ****..SOME THINGS SHE SAID WHERE ODD
    AND DIDNT EVEN CONFER TO ME...

SO I WASTED €50 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yawhyawh

my sister knows helen and knows some friends that went to see her and all said she was no good at all.even i thought she so not good...and iv being to many witchs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Came on here coz I was gonna ask for Helen Barrett's number but having read through the posts the general consensus seems to be that she talks through her a**e!
    So if anyone could PM me the numbers of that Stephanie one in Cobh and Annette Singleton in Cork I'd appreciate it coz they seem to be getting much better reports.
    Cheers.:)

Oh christ I'm laughing so hard at that right now. :pac: I'll tell you what though.. I was reliably informed that she has predicted that there'll be an earthquake in Tramore either a year or a couple of years from now (cant remember which year), and shes been tellin people that they'll be part of the rescue operation when it happens!! Obviously they laughed.
    I know someone who knows about all this sh!te (earthquake in Tramore prediction) and who also knows a geologist. Funnily enough now,she (the geologist) said that it isnt unlikely that Tramore will get an earthquake because of the earth platelets forming a sort of junction point to another platelet around that area. :rolleyes:

Interestingly I have family near Tramore and spend a bit of time there....will post here again should I ever save someone from an earthquake in Tramore! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobytobe

I was meant to see the witch once and she either didn't turn up or just plain didn't answer the door and whenever I see her now she gives me a creepy look so I have convinced myself she didn't want to see me cos it was bad news!!! I could be about to pop my clogs any minute so could someone please PM me Stephanie's no?

Thanks!

tobytobe wrote: »
    I was meant to see the witch once and she either didn't turn up or just plain didn't answer the door and whenever I see her now she gives me a creepy look so I have convinced myself she didn't want to see me cos it was bad news!!! I could be about to pop my clogs any minute so could someone please PM me Stephanie's no?

Thanks!

Believe me that behaviour of hers isn't unique to just yourself. She has a reputation for not bothering her hole showing up for readings,usually wit no notice given. The White Witch also gives most people the creepy eye. It's the only look within her limited range of looks that she has. I wouldnt worry about her possibly telling u bad news if she had seen you because she's sh!te at doing readings anyway. She couldn't tell the future if a fella who was on fire ran in front of her and asked her. Shes crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sazzer

can someone send me on number of one of those fortune tellers in cork please, ie the white witch in Cobh or Veronica in Black Pool thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 astridruelon

HOW DO I GET AHOLD OF HER????!!!! What is her contact info, I just moved to cork and I am super interested in seeing someone with this ability. Nothing like that in southern california

• Advertisement

HOW DO I GET AHOLD OF HER????!!!! What is her contact info, I just moved to cork and I am super interested in seeing someone with this ability.

Look, no offence now but if you even read through the whole thread properly,you'd know by now that the White Witch is a chancer. A fool. I think this lady does her (not very good) readings for six reasons...

1) It keeps her public visibility up and keeps people talking about her (whether they're saying good or bad things), which is handy for when she wants to get her name in to do media appearances and all the rest

2) She has forged an agreement with Failte Ireland because shes seen as a 'tourist attraction' in Cobh.

3) Her doing readings for people allows her to build and maintain a useful contacts network for herself

4) The readings are a bit of an auld interest and a bit of craic for her.

5) It's handy pocket money for her.

6) Every village needs an idiot and she happily fulfills that role

But if u really want to meet her for a wee reading,check your PM inbox.

I'd never actually actively discourage the people wanting to see her when they realise it's all a great laugh. It's just the people who really believe she's a genuine psychic and a 'medium' and all this other stuff and they are in search of assistance that I'd say,'No, stay away'.
    Nothing like that in southern california

I bet there isn't :pac: :pac: :pac:

The Witch was speaking at that Ghost Convention in the old Gaol last night. Did anyone go? Id love to have heard what she said for the laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 notaclue2blu

Hi I was at the Ghost convention. I have never seen or heard the White Witch before but I was shocked at her. To me she was like someone drunk or totally off her trolley. NUTS. You couldn't hear her properally, she was rambling, changing her train of thought continously so you never knew what she was on about, laughing to herself. Loads of people were in stitches at her & not for the right reasons. The recession will go out with a bang Paddy weekend next year & a meteor will hit Cork & divide Ballincollig from Cork & it will be flooded on 21st Dec 2012. There will be a militry barracks with thousands of men & women in uniform in Cobh & she asked everyone being bullied to ask "Dancing Waterfall" who is an 8' man to help them.
    :confused:

Look, no offence now but if you even read through the whole thread properly,you'd know by now that the White Witch is a chancer. A fool. I think this lady does her (not very good) readings for six reasons...

1) It keeps her public visibility up and keeps people talking about her (whether they're saying good or bad things), which is handy for when she wants to get her name in to do media appearances and all the rest

Look, whatever her reasons are for doing readings, I’d just let her off. Don’t we all have reasons or motivations for doing things? But, yes, it makes sense how being active in what you do (whether that involves giving people psychic readings, or otherwise) in the community is obviously going to sustain your professional visibility.
    6) Every village needs an idiot and she happily fulfills that role

But if u really want to meet her for a wee reading,check your PM inbox.

I'd never actually actively discourage the people wanting to see her when they realise it's all a great laugh. It's just the people who really believe she's a genuine psychic and a 'medium' and all this other stuff and they are in search of assistance that I'd say,'No, stay away'.

Ah, come on, that’s a bit harsh. Take it easy on her. I actually don’t think she even does readings for people anymore because her health has deteriorated of late. I think she’s suffering from problems with her heart, or something like that. Well, despite her coming out with some bizarre words in her readings for people - as recounted by people on here, and elsewhere – I suppose she has given a lot more than she has ever taken, if that makes sense? I’m sure she has given some people a bit of reassurance by just inviting them in and hearing what they had to say, or by listening to what they wanted to ask her. In that respect, I believe she has given a lot to people.
    For many years, when she first began to read for people, she never asked them for money. The most she would ask for was a 'donation' of a packet of cigarettes, or something, if people wanted to do that. Then she started asking people for £10, eventually rising to £15, then €20, followed by €25. It was hardly a fortune - tuppence compared to what some in this field are charging people nowadays (anything from €50+ - I was shocked when someone asked me recently if I thought it was a good idea for them to visit some woman in Galway who charges €150 for a reading. :eek: Obviously, the answer was a resounding NO). So, it's crystal clear that the White Witch's motivation for doing readings has never been money-driven. But you can kind of tell that from talking to her anyway because she comes across as being totally absorbed in, and enthralled with, what she does. I mean, it makes her very happy to do what she does - and all in the face of ridicule and blanket scepticism (some justified, I know), too.
    I suppose the world would be a far poorer and much less interesting place without Helen/the White Witch really. :-/

Hi I was at the Ghost Convention. I have never seen or heard the White Witch before but I was shocked at her. To me she was like someone drunk or totally off her trolley. NUTS. You couldn't hear her properly, she was rambling, changing her train of thought continuously so you never knew what she was on about, laughing to herself. Loads of people were in stitches at her, and not for the right reasons.

The recession will go out with a bang during Paddy's weekend next year and a meteor will hit Cork and divide Ballincollig from Cork, and it will be flooded on 21st Dec 2012. There will be a military barracks with thousands of men and women in uniform in Cobh, and she asked everyone being bullied to ask "Dancing Waterfall" who is an 8' man to help them.
    :confused:

People usually laugh at her when she speaks at the Ghost Convention, but she seems to find it all as hilarious as they do, which kind of takes guts, tbh. She's well aware that people are taking the mickey out of her, but I think she can detach herself from all of it to the point where she's observing the hilarity of it all herself. She probably thinks sometimes that it's actually really amusing to find herself standing before a microphone in front of an audience of predominantly strangers and telling them about otherwordly beings and predicting future events, at a convention about ghosts. It's funny when you look at it all that way. :) She's naturally an eccentric person, which can seem "nuts" to people who are unused to eccentricity in the people who are usually around them.

Whether she was drunk or just nuts, I don't think she's enjoying the best of (physical) health at the moment, so I'd give her a break. She might be taking medication that makes her feel a bit giddy. You never know. All in all, it's tough going to prop yourself up in front of an annually changing retinue of random people and tell them about things that they've scarcely heard of, or that they understand. Yeah, the eight feet tall 'Dancing Waterfall' man who people can just summon sounds totally 'out there' alright, but who knows?? If she believes he exists, then good luck to her, I suppose.

As for her predictions... All I can say is that we can only wait and see...

• Advertisement
Advertisement