Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what stereotype do u fit into?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

...Cousin It! :eek: That's amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

cautioner wrote: »
    ...Cousin It! :eek: That's amazing.

*cries for days gone by*

bah, on my way back there again now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

i'm the nerdy type i suppose, if i was to give myself a sterotype...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The type that dosnt really care where hes put..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

An File wrote: »
    Are stairs going up, or going down? Or are they going anywhere at all?
    It depends upon your point of reference. Even so, there'd be a lot of unknowns I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BlueButterBean

everyday a new one:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

*adele* wrote: »
    You're calling me judgemental because I think its sounds stupid when people label themselves?

lol.

grumpy old man?!?!?!?!? - of 26?

I fit into the Super Witty,Loved by everyone stereotype. I can do no wrong.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Antisocial indie fogey.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Hmm I dunno, changes depending on my mood/occasion!
    Used to get called "emo" quite a lot, dunno about now!
    Have to say though, hanging out with the scene kids, wearing skinny jeans with 4 belts, too much eyeliner and choking in a cloud of hairspray, those were some of the best times I've had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

phic wrote: »
    Hmm I dunno, changes depending on my mood/occasion!
    Used to get called "emo" quite a lot, dunno about now!
    Have to say though, hanging out with the scene kids, wearing skinny jeans with 4 belts, too much eyeliner and choking in a cloud of hairspray, those were some of the best times I've had!

Which one are you then

panther.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Stev_o wrote: »
    Which one are you then

panther.jpg

Oh my, they all look so awesome I can't quite decide!Makes me quite nostalgic that picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

indie/emo dont no why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Which one are you then

panther.jpg

Gotta feel that Steel!
    The bassist(far right) is hilarious lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

Teenager-hating teenager. Arseholes with their stupid little social groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

The so called 'clever one' who is apparently always too busy with her nose in a book to talk to anyone yet who regularly surprises people when they discover I am in fact normal and very sociable and like to get dressed up, go out...

I hate stereotypes.

I hate the way you get judged without the person having ever talked to you before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Been labelled:

-Townie(Live in the country, suppose I do have the townie 'look')
    -Knacker(Never been in a fight in me life, I was seen drinkin' a can by some auld lad)

I don't like stereotypin meself because me agus me mates are the 'cool' lads in my year, according to some. But when I say that it makes people seem like I think I am well cool.. Even though I don't:D

Been labelled:

-Townie(Live in the country, suppose I do have the townie 'look')
    -Knacker(Never been in a fight in me life, I was seen drinkin' a can by some auld lad)

I don't like stereotypin meself because me agus me mates are the 'cool' lads in my year, according to some. But when I say that it makes people seem like I think I am well cool.. Even though I don't:D
    Ah dont worry they were probably lying anyway so you've nothing to worry about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

*adele* wrote: »
    Ha, I seriously don't think it's possible for someone to stereotype themselves without sounding like a tit.
    +1 For that. God people who stereotype themselves annoy me. Trying to fit into a mould whether that be scobe/knacker (the most annoying of all and the most prevalent where I live, ****ing tits), emo, "scene" kid or whatever. Can people just not decide to live their own life instead of living to be someone else? /rant

Oh wait, I'm not done, people who hoard into social groups is grand, a group of friends is fun. But groups where there are "leaders" who make all decisions just piss me off. /rant2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I'm an inbetweener.:p

I just like the programme....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Calla95

Im A SexBomb. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Inkivaari

Well I'm just me but my friends say i'm emo. The guys in my art class called me emo, my bro in law called me goth-freak. Dad calls me wierd, cousins call me mosher.

my opinion of myself is, quiet yet loud, opinionated but shy, well read, melancholy at times, loving, able to hold a grudge, crazy, hippyish, easily hurt, angry music playing loner type with the greatest friends i could wish for, ginger haired tomboy. That pretty much covers it.

emo's shorter though! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I'm an inbetweener.:p

I just like the programme....

+1, but,...
    I know the difference between an 11 year old girl and an 18 year old girl i.e. my age
    I'm less freaky
    I don't drive a cinquecento..... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I went away to college and started smoking weed and now have a reputation back home as an enormous stoner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

I have been called a nerd because i read for fun (stupid I know)
    Emo-Goth because i listen to rock music.

But really I'm with all the cool kids.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

I've been called the following:
    -Weird
    -Scene
    -Emo
    -Indie
    -Girlie
    -Crazy
    -Normal

But if you look at me none of these are standouts. I don't really fit into any steryotypes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I fall into the God stereotype :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

until people get to know me, im thought of as stuck up because im quiet, not so much shy... i just have absolutly no clue what to say to people...

But, when i know you i dont shut up soo in school for example, im in the really social crowd, we kind of speak to all the groups, while they stick to there own friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Hmmm

Id end up in SD stereotype with the clothes i wear but then i listen to the complete opposite music??

SD?? you live in Leixlip, bit of a distance from D4 dont you think?

SD?? you live in Leixlip, bit of a distance from D4 dont you think?

People were tracksuits in Leixlip despite being far away from scum bag central, doesn't stop them.

Doesn't bother me really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

People were tracksuits in Leixlip despite being far away from scum bag central, doesn't stop them.

Doesn't bother me really.

Thats only in one half of Leixlip tho :rolleyes:

bricky10 wrote: »
    Thats only in one half of Leixlip tho :rolleyes:

There be alot more then half it's probably 3/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Have you ever met one of those people that you cannot place, because they dress differently every day and like a huge variety of things?

I'm that stereotype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

phasers wrote: »
    Have you ever met one of those people that you cannot place, because they dress differently every day and like a huge variety of things?

I'm that stereotype
    Schizophrenic? :confused:

phasers wrote: »

I'm that stereotype
    Ahh,The ol' non-conforming conformist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

hmm....I believe we're being called an endangered species these days...slightly preferrable to ginger :D

Not even going to try stereotype myself, because tbh, I don't give a shoite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

im a **** up :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

a Indie Chick apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I don't really fit into any stereotype. I'm just.........me. It's so much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ive been called so many things that i dont even know anymore for example

• grunger
    • goth
    • emo
    • scene girl
    • valley girl (i dont know why)
    • weirdo
    • nerd
    • geek
    • freak
    the list goes on, i dont fit into any of them i dont care to be honest i dont want to be a stereotype i want to be me :)

• Advertisement

ive been called so many things that i dont even know anymore for example

• grunger
    • goth
    • emo
    • scene girl
    • valley girl (i dont know why)
    • weirdo
    • nerd
    • geek
    • freak
    the list goes on, i dont fit into any of them i dont care to be honest i dont want to be a stereotype i want to be me :)

What the hell is a valley girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

What the hell is a valley girl?

i think its a vain bimbo but im not sure and i dont know why im classified as a valley girl coz im really not vain and not a bimbo even though i do have my moments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

Weird loner type.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Jock, but I hate being referred to as one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

If I was a stereotype i think that i'd be a sex pest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 dontlikeurmam

*...While trying hard not to insult previous posters...*

I don't think people should be able to catagorise themselves so easily. Stereotypes are so confining i'm glad to say I wudn be able to pick one for myself.
    I mean i'm very big into sports..soccer, gaelic, rugby.

...but I also love to play an listen to music...rock an the usual **** but also sum classical (Berlioz=legend!!:))

...as for clothes i am at the moment wearing a Tommy Hilfinger jumper wit sham pants???

...it now occurs to me that I mite be a nerd!! Barly stepped outside the door for the last year studyin, an i'm goin for medicine so that may well get worse over the next few years!

...however, I also celebrated the ****e out of myself after the leavin and i've continued for the last month...so it cud be said that i'm a very social alcoholic waster??

I don't think theres a place for me anywhere:(...but i'm very happy bout that:). I wud be very disappointed if I cud be pigeonholed so easily and I think its kinda sad that people are content, and even happy, to go along with the expected stereotypes that other people place them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Wannabe intellectual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 dontlikeurmam

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Wannabe intellectual.

Ah nuts I always forget that one:(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

hhmmmmm.....

I'd say i would be a wannabe intellectual because I am intrested in current affairs and add my opinion on every thing but i hate studying with a passion.

I would also say that I am a nerd because I play warhammer (for anybody who doesn't know what it is, It's a War game that you play with models that you build and paint). But i wouldn't be a classic nerd as i have a pretty big social scene of people who love music (mostly funk and hip hop).

Love that expession though "Wannabe Intellectual"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Ehhh...

....seen as I live very close to a town with probably the highest rate of scobes-per-capita I suppose it has influenced me slightly! :pac: My taste in music moreso than anything else...so a raver in that sense. I also love like...music 19 yr old guys are not meant to like...Aly and AJ anyone??? ;) Sports fanatic...been known to wear river island only clothes on a night out yet wear nike on a regular basis when just moping around! Was obsessed with pokemon and the likes when I was younger so if anyone even mentioned one I would start a rant much like this one now. Love computer games such as pro evo, the sims, mortal kombat, final fantasy all sorts like. And live for the college sessions! Stereotype that b*tch!! :D

- raver
    - nostalgic nerd
    - gaming nerd
    - preppy appearance while out
    - jock
    - scobe casual clothes :pac:

-Living proof that stereotypes are just bollocks!! :D

Advertisement