Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you gonna do the second you finish the leaving cert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ah now, nothing beats a bulmers and ice on a hot summers day outside :pac:

granted thats about 1 day a year here, but still!

had a bit of a vomit experience with bulmers ever since i cant touch the stuff even when im paraletic drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

had a bit of a vomit experience with bulmers ever since i cant touch the stuff even when im paraletic drunk

I'm the same with Tequila :D

Complete mental block, cannot/will not go near it.

Bad times..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ah now, nothing beats a bulmers and ice on a hot summers day outside :pac:

granted thats about 1 day a year here, but still!

Still, nothing beats the good ol' Tesco Value Vodka and a carton of cranbery juice and cans of Blue Bear (.50c a can!) to use as a mixer.

A (very) drunken night out for less then €20, hurray!

10 cans of Castlemaine XXXX... 1 euro a can.... pissed off your tits! plus it being Australian... its nice than all the cheap european **** like Dutch, Tuborg and Bavaria!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Ironclaw - you don't see people flaming people for posting what they're doing that isn't related to drink. If people want to, it's their choice. I like going out to the pub, and not to drink myself under the table since that's a horrible feeling. Just like having all of my friends in the one place having a laugh around town.

Not "wkd bottle 2 the throat yo" like you're implying

Exactly, Iron-claw <snip>
    we dont ALL associate with bottle wielding maniacs, so drinking is actally enjoyable for us!

Get a life...... better yet, get new friends!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Ironclaw, I can see where you're coming from actually. I don't drink really. Sure, I'll have a bit but never been drunk or even tipsy. And i know from recent experience that dragging a friend home who downed 2 bottles of whiskey in 3 minutes and an hour later vomitting all over himself is NOT fun. I didn't mind really because I didn't want to see him die of alcohol poison but most would consider that as a ruined night.

On another note, all my stuff needed for my Alice Cooper run about in town is ready. ^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

MrPirate wrote: »
    Ironclaw, I can see where you're coming from actually. I don't drink really. Sure, I'll have a bit but never been drunk or even tipsy. And i know from recent experience that dragging a friend home who downed 2 bottles of whiskey in 3 minutes and an hour later vomitting all over himself is NOT fun. I didn't mind really because I didn't want to see him die of alcohol poison but most would consider that as a ruined night.

On another note, all my stuff needed for my Alice Cooper run about in town is ready. ^^

Because drinking = throwing 2 bottles of whiskey into yourself and puking your ring up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Because drinking = throwing 2 bottles of whiskey into yourself and puking your ring up.

for some people it is.

i'm not anti-drinking at all.. i do plan to get drunk, i just plan to be somewhat sensible about it. ie stay away from tequila which ****s me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Well those people need to get lives :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Will prob go home and relax for a while, watch TV, play xbox. Then go out around 3pm and go around the town for a while, head over to a friends house, have a few drinks, the go to the pubs in the night. Im not gonna get compltely plastered though as firstly, I cant afford to buy loads of drinks and secondly, id rather not wake up the next day and be sick and feel like sh1t all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Start my secret project.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

ironclaw wrote: »
    The first page. Sorry, but some people are just so sad when drink is the first thing they think of. You know in the adult world there are other ways to celebrate... :rolleyes:

Shut up

Futurism wrote: »
    Start my secret project.

dont know if i should ask but what is your secret project?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rainey.

that song is stuck in my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

what a stupid thread this has become!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Funny how you all throw hits at me at the same time
    Don't really care tbh :D

Anyway I didn't say there was anything wrong with drinking.. I drink - rarely, but I do. I just don't see the point in getting so rat arsed you make a complete plank of yourself.

Well apparently you're the only one here talented enough to make a plank out of yourself WITHOUT drinking.

The arrogance of some people thinking they know best how everyone should celebrate after FINISHING THEIR DAMN LEAVING CERT just boggles the mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

amacachi wrote: »
    Open the first of two bottles of whiskey for the evening.

If you get a chance over the summer could you teach me to be as cool as you?*

*Sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Scream YES really loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If you get a chance over the summer could you teach me to be as cool as you?*

*Sarcasm

If you get the chance over the summer, could you teach me to be as funny as you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You all must have done really well in the exams if you answered the exam questions as badly as you answered "what you gonna do the second you finish the leaving cert?". The question wasn't "are we schmad for drinking?" or "is drinking really necessary?" if you want to talk about alcool then take it to Clearasil and Hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

ironclaw wrote: »
    Quite alot when ya think about it. Besides the obvious stupidity of drinking that much...

To you and those around you. Plus the mess you cause for the rest of us who know the meaning of the word "responsibilty"

It wasn't a condescending posts, merely an outlook on the social wasteland that is Irish Youth culture.

I have my ways of celebrating and it doesn't invovle drink. I amn't being high and mighty, just realise that there is a world beyond the bottle and fun to be had without a pint in hand. The sooner you realise that, the better.

Sure, its all fun and games til your the one taking a broken WKD bottle from some guys mouth in the process of trying to stem the bleeding in addition to CPR. Yeap, thats so much fun at end your leaving cert. Enjoy your night guys and gals, I'll call the fun police off you case.
    Responsibility doesn't have to mean staying at home and complaining about other people drinking. You can drink and be responsible. Not everyone wants to be so plastered they forget everything, a lot of people just want to have a few drinks, relax and have fun.
    If that's not your thing then fine, but don't get judgemental and try and make out that every person that drinks is going to cause trouble and get arrested, or end up in causality etc.
    Basing your entire opinion of something on a few trouble makers is very silly, inaccurate and insulting to those who never cause trouble whilst drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Most of the time when people say that they are going to drink themselves stupid, they are exagerrating just a little bit. But this is the internet I suppose- you can be forgiven for believing everything you read.

After I finish the Leaving Cert I'm going to go and look for a job. Then after a long search I'll realise that it's futile so I'll go to the pub with my friends. Woo!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Seriously, I didn't write that post for a laugh, stop debating the various merits/demerits of drinking and get back to discussing what you're doing after the LC, I'll infract from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Another hater? you guys are multiplying. What is wrong with going and getting absolutely polluted after finishing 2 tough years in school? Its not like they have any other responsibilities now.
    Save the condescending posts, it just makes you look like a spoilsport.

Hey Dumbledore,
    Nevermind the Pub. You gots to prepare for the debate. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Exactly, Iron-claw <snip>
    we dont ALL associate with bottle wielding maniacs, so drinking is actally enjoyable for us!

Get a life...... better yet, get new friends!!:)

Ok, whoa, cool the jets I ain't a hater. I don't mind drink, I actual don't. So please don't think I'll be the one outside the club with a bible denouncing the sin of alcohol. ;)

I just had a very bad experience with LC night one year and drink was the sole cause. The bottle wasn't wielded, the ejjit fell over himself and smashed it in his mouth. Now, not the worst thing in the world to happen, however, every one else around how was "having a good time" by being absolutely smashed couldn't help. It was pretty sick and has put me off drink permanently. A small, isolated case and it ain't a whitewash, alrighty? :)

I have friends, I go to clubs, I DJ, I play paintball at a national level, I have fun. I just don't see why people have to go get plastered. Its fine to have one or two, thats fine. But lets be honest, most people go out to get hammered. Its a fact in Ireland.

Oh, and just because I don't drink doesn't mean I'm a loner who goes to bookclub meetings. There are plenty of people in Ireland who don't drink and are highly successful in all aspects of life be it social or elsewhere.

And finally:
    Your genereation,almost every irish era before us has been centered around drink,What make sit so wrong that we be different

I'm 19 :)

Have fun guys and gals, you all deserve it, just remember the one thats too many. Remember the night because whats the point in celebrating if you don't remember what your celebrating for?

Anyways, back on topic, I best be off!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Well as much as i enjoy the relaxing atmosphere you get after your friends and you have had a few,all I want to do after this is cuddle my boyfriend to near death.I havent seen him or my friends that go to different schools properly in AGES. Every time they see me im frazzled. So I'm gonna get a tub of ben and jerries,grab the better half,and watch a movie on the night im done.Then Im gonna spend the rest of the summer with him and my friends,awaiting august the 12th :) makes me smile just thinking about how close my freedom is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 U MAD

Piste wrote: »
    You all must have done really well in the exams if you answered the exam questions as badly as you answered "what you gonna do the second you finish the leaving cert?". The question wasn't "are we schmad for drinking?" or "is drinking really necessary?" if you want to talk about alcool then take it to Clearasil and Hormones.

Hold the fuck up everybody!

It's the Grammar Police!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

What I don't get is why the cop made him put the tape out when there were lines painted RIGHT THERE on the ground :confused: maybe that was the sobriety test :rolleyes: anyway he was either very stupid or very clever...

Oh yeah I got an interview the morning after the exams :( but im seeing my girlfriend after! :D

on topic - im going shopping (ive missed it so much for the last 2 months) then ill get my hair cut seeing as i havnt had it cut in 4 months :o then ill head to the offo get my supplies and go to a big end of lc gaf party

i will be getting very drunk, i wont vomit or need anyone to look after me which i think is fair enough seeing as ive been caged for so long

"drink police" calm yourselves its my right to get drunk if i want to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

No you've got it all wrong! They aren't the Drink Police, the Drink Police are the guys who take the drink off you when you go out. The guys here are the Fun Police, they just don't want you to go out in the first place:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

going cycling to venice starting on the 6th july with some mates..........finished 18th june so till the boat goes itll be a few pints of smithwicks and the lion's test matches all the way

yyeeeeehawwww

Advertisement