Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M7 - Castletown to Nenagh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Chris is correct. I have posted pictures of the N18 scheme on the N18 thread. (The N18 started in Nov 2008; Casteltown to Nenagh in March 2008. And the M7 C-N scheme is just 14km longer than the N18 G-C)

Regarding this particular scheme, the earthworks at Moneygall are shown in the pictures above. There is a very large pile of rock on the opposite side of the road to the view shown in the photo. On many parts of the scheme the topsoil has barely been removed, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jagged

As promised;), Will try get more this weekend

Str 13 just north of Moneygall
    2009_0227work0014.jpg
    2009_0227work0016.jpg

Str 16, underbridge looking in the direction of Roscrea2009_0227work0013.jpg

2009_0227work0012.jpg

Str 35, one of the longest underbridges,north of roscrea,near the village of Knock2009_0227work0010.jpg
    2009_0227work0009.jpg
    2009_0227work0005.jpg
    2009_0227work0004.jpg

Excellent stuff Jagged, thanks very much for taking the time to take the pictures and upload them.

I passed this scheme via the N62 south of Roscrea last weekend. It looked like they were getting ready to start bulk earthworks in that particular section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Furet wrote: »
    Regarding Castletown to Nenagh, I passed this via the N62 south of Roscrea last weekend. It looked like they were getting ready to start bulk earthworks in that particular section.

Wow that's good news, is the bonus scheme on this still, for that last month progress has been great and alot more noticeable than previous months:confused:

Anyone see the plans for this interchange? I will go nuts, if I see a stupid dumbell roundabout. This carries a National secondary road and the traffic from the M7 to Roscrea. They should not make a sh!te job out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

See the effort I'll go to for you lot?

Was flying from Luton to Galway the other day so took one or two pics. Unfortunately there was tonnes of cloud (so no M9 pics :( ) but heres one of the M7 just around Roscrea.

CIMG0947.jpg

See the effort I'll go to for you lot?

ROFL. That sure beats the shight out of anything I've ever posted here! :D

Lol at the above:D

Chris was like....just before snapping the pics, "

HAHA can't beat this.. cant win over this... cant top that. HA. Sky is no limit for me"

Mu ha ha ha ha ha :D

On a serious note: The project seems to be picking up! What do you think? It's a great pic. The green tree huggers would be devastated to see it ripping the countryside. My only concern with these pics, it could trigger such an epidemic.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

mysterious wrote: »
    The green tree huggers would be devastated to see it ripping the countryside. My only concern with these pics, it could trigger such an epidemic.:pac:
    quick, delete that pic (as brilliant as it is) :D:p

• Advertisement

dmeehan wrote: »
    quick, delete that pic (as brilliant as it is) :D:p

Dmeehan your asking for a shlaaaap!!:D

Thank god the Castletown scheme is flying along though at least!

Nope, the M8 stops south of Cullahill, so there's Durrow first.

Jesus I never knew Durrow and Cullahil ever existed till you told me geeeee.:rolleyes:

My point was, Mountrath and Abbeyleix are the main towns on the route. I couldn't be arsed to name every ballyally mcnally village on both of these routes ffs.

Don't just post for sake you think your correcting me either cus your not:P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jesus I never knew Durrow and Cullahil ever existed till you told me geeeee.:rolleyes:

My point was, Mountrath and Abbeyleix are the main towns on the route. I couldn't be arsed to name every ballyally mcnally village on both of these routes ffs.

Don't just post for sake you think your correcting me either cus your not:P

Durrow environs only had, ooh, 100 or so more people than Abbeyleix environs at the last census...

Who cares.

But god, that pic is amazing:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Clearly you did, to go off on one about it...

Lol....

Come on M7 people! Photos and reports please...how is Castletown to Nenagh coming along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Please do. You might take a look at M7 Castletown-Nenagh while you're at it. I'm off the road now...I might hire a car for a day towards the end of the summer and take a look at some of the M7 schemes and the M7/M8 PPP for which, incidentally, a newsletter is due this month.

I have some photos of the Castletown-Nenagh stretch but there very poor. I was very dissapointed by the progress done on that section. Completion by Q3 next year doesnt seem very likely. I couldnt find 1 completed overbridge.

I agree the M7/M8 and the M7 need to be continued to be covered as the M6 is getting very good coverage by posters. The G-C/N7 Limerick tunnel would be my main priority though as I pass those schemes very often.

tech2 wrote: »
    I have some photos of the Castletown-Nenagh stretch but there very poor. I was very dissapointed by the progress done on that section. Completion by Q3 next year doesnt seem very likely. I couldnt find 1 completed overbridge.

I agree the M7/M8 and the M7 need to be continued to be covered as the M6 is getting very good coverage by posters. The G-C/N7 Limerick tunnel would be my main priority though as I pass those schemes very often.

Techy they are concentrating on some sections more than the other, its a fairly long scheme. The road from Toome to Moneygall seems very advanced and they have the bridges already complete here. I'm not sure about the rest of the scheme though.

The road from Toome to Moneygall seems very advanced and they have the bridges already complete here.

Open to traffic?

• Advertisement

Open to traffic?

No lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I'm assuming Furet's question was in relation to the bridges...

Indeed I did mean that. Mysterious, what do you mean by "very advanced"? Can you be specific? What aspects of the road surface are done, if any?

Mountrath is going to be fun for the next 2 years:)

When the Nenagh Limerick motorway and the tunnel is finished and opened to traffic is greatly going to exasperate on the Toome to Mountrath section at peak times.

So with The N18 mostly complete and the Castleisland bypass underway. NWC and Abbeyfeale are going to be fun to drive through..

Indeed I did mean that. Mysterious, what do you mean by "very advanced"? Can you be specific? What aspects of the road surface are done, if any?

Well bridges are up and the earth works final layer is done the actual tarmacing is the next step, this is what I mean by very advanced in terms of the whole route. This is before Moneygall. This is the only section I can see from the road. The earthworks is fairly durable on this part anyway. The soil is very sandy and easy to work with as its generally very flat, this explains alot why they are working here. From Moneygall to the Borris in ossary seems more hilly and runs through different terrain all the time.

Well bridges are up and the earth works final layer is done the actual tarmacing is the next step, this is what I mean by very advanced in terms of the whole route.

Okay. But are the bridges open to traffic?
    From Moneygall to the Borris in ossary seems more hilly and runs through different terrain all the time.

That's true. It runs through some awkward terrain.

I took many photos of Nenagh-Castletown last March and it seemed spectacularly unadvanced, especially from Roscrea to the Castletown. That was then, however. Maybe things have picked up, but I won't take anyone's word for it.
    Pictures please!

There has not been much more progress from what I saw from your photos Furet. I'll upload some I took a few days ago but there poor quality as I was driving. Some underbridges are going ok but the mainline is rather unadvanced. I could only find one overbridge but it wasnt open to traffic and probably will be within the next 2-3 months.

Okay. But are the bridges open to traffic?

That's true. It runs through some awkward terrain.

From my understanding they were opened since april, from the contractors notice. I will contact my relatives that live on these back roads and will confirm this to you tommorrow.

Heres some photos I have from passing the scheme a few days ago.

Approaching the crossover on the N7 which is junction 23
    DSC02078.jpg

Working on the underbridge for junction 23(the monster of a bridge that Myserious speaks of)
    DSC02079.jpg

Crossover at the N62(junction 22) looking northbound
    DSC02081.jpg

Crossover on a local road outside Roscrea heading southbound
    DSC02075.jpg

Some signs of a few structures being complete
    DSC02077.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

• Advertisement

Gotta say, not as advanced as I was expecting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement