Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wrestling fans, how old are you?!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

25, watching since early 90s, always feel a pang of shock and sadness when i hear that another one from the not so old days has passed away before their time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Now that we're outing some of the lurkers, maybe we can get em to post more often. ;)
    (you didn't think i'd start this thread without SOME alterier motive now, did you?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Turned 21 last december

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

32 last month. Started watching in late 80s and had far more interest in the IC title more than the WC. Bret, Mr. Perfect, Bulldog etc. My interest peaked around Summerslam 92 and then faded.

8 years later, I finished University and was in Chicago working in a supermarket (J1) when all the other lads burst into the canteen at 8pm. On goes the wrestling and I'm introduced to my first ever Smackdown. HHH and Rock stole the show. Became instantly hooked again.

Have wathced it on and off since 2005 and going to WM24 was probably my swansong. Will go to the Irish houseshows when I can, but never watch it on tv anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

A fresh faced 19...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

24 and 8/12ths. Been watching as long as I can remember which is about wrestlemania 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

22 and like SR I have a shaven head. I thought I looked hard, but then a fellow boardsie smashed that image of myself when he told me I looked "adorable". Fecker.:mad::pac:

I've been watching since the 1990's, and started to regularly watch at WM 12 and beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    turned 33 a few months ago, been told I look younger but erm... i dunno. :D

I'm 10 this month and I've been watching wrestling since 1985 and you should stop asking Stevie Wonder how old you look Shawn. Those guys with white canes and Labradors will saying anything for some change

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    I'm 10 this month and I've been watching wrestling since 1985/QUOTE]

Anne Frank Helen Keller? Is That You???!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

I'm 10 this month and I've been watching wrestling since 1985/QUOTE]

Anne Frank Helen Keller? Is That You???!

Ok I'm Doc Brown and I drive a delorean car above 88mph

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ok I'm Doc Brown and I drive a delorean car above 88mph

Cliques are not allowed be careful.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

29 turning 30 this year, got rid of the sports package so mainly read up here for updates on whats going on. The first event I stayed up to watch live was when Owen Hart died :(
    Used to tape raw & go round to my mates n we'd all watch it on a VCR. For the kids around google VCR to see what it is ;) us older crowd should remember.
    Worst memory was my 21st birthday being put on a seemingly blank tape, turns out it was a wrestlemania, halfway thru main event on comes me drunk & dancing like a monkey on steroids, it was the era of rave :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

turned 33 a few months ago, been told I look younger but erm... i dunno. :D

Same as that 33 since april, been watchin wrestling since just before WCW got off the ground. been over to a few events in britain and did get over to WM 21 and 22 and summerslam in 2007.
    Hopin to get over to WM 26 this year, i suppose the main reason for that is that its quite close to vegas so its a good double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

started watching wrestling on world of sport on a saturday afternoon with my dad and my sister
    when sky began i started watching it again (with my dad)
    while sky channel showed wwf
    eurosport every night at 11 showed a different federation every night
    nwa, awa, and on fridays it was stampede
    at the weekends living showed wccw
    then as time moved on i watched it with my own son through the attitude era and the raw nitro wars
    still watch it with him (when he has tme, boy he makes me feel old)

dolittle wrote: »
    at the weekends living showed wccw

Do you mean Lifestyle, when it went off the air and became Screensport? Where they showed the tail end of WCCW when it merged with Memphis and became USWA? I remember that alright. I also remember them showing GLOW womens wrestling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

Do you mean Lifestyle, when it went off the air and became Screensport? Where they showed the tail end of WCCW when it merged with Memphis and became USWA? I remember that alright. I also remember them showing GLOW womens wrestling too.

yeah thats it spot on, i forgot about the gorgeous ladies of GLOW.
    i remember them showing the unification of belts between jerry lawler and i`m sure it was kerry von erich

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

29,will be 30 in October

Watched WWF/E here and there early 90's,only got to see the odd tape before Sky really got a hold on programming,been to most of the Dublin house shows,few in Belfast,the Rebellion 2001 ppv and a Raw taping in Manchester,and Mania 22 in Chicago. Dont watch it as religiously as I used to though.

Advertisement