Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Wrestling fans, how old are you?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

23 but feel older. Probably these damn grey hairs that have started showing up about the place. :pac:

Stop bitchin' man, at least you have hair!

(fun fact, i actually do have a lot of my hair still, but the massive bald patch at the back and the receeding hairline just makes me look older than 28 (which was when it got to it's worst), so i just keep it shaved all off now. I'm also as grey as a goose at this point. I got lazy and let it grow for a month once.

It was soul destroying to say the least! :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

17 nearly 18 biatch

Turn 21 this Friday. Been watching wrestling practically all my life (though my memory is hazy for older stuff from my childhood). From about 2000-2005/6 would be when i was most into WWE. Becoming a regular internet user has made me watch the product a bit less, but I always read up on what's going on in Vince's little world, and tend to buy a fair bit of merchandise online.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

I'm 24. will be 25 in a few months. been watching wrestling since wcw was on itv in the early 90's. seen damn all wrestling between 93 and 99 due to lack of a satelite dish. can credit my dad for getting me into wrestling. now the old fart slags me for liking it! crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I'm 23 I like long walks in the park, romantic comedies and fluffy things :D

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    I'm 23 I like long walks in the park, romantic comedies and fluffy things :D

Uh sir SIRR!!, i... think... you... took... a....wroooooong.... turrrrrrn..

Blind date is thaaaaat...way! --->

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i feel old now looking at those results :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

23, been watching about 11 years now.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i feel old now looking at those results :(

You're the dude over 40, aren't you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You're the dude over 40, aren't you? :D

i'm not that old, still only 32 :cool:

i was wondering about who that was over 40, on the other wrestling forum i spend my time there is a number over 40, with quite a few in their mid 30s, seems we have a very young group here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Very bad photo, taken after a very long bus journey and then a session that i had to leave early for due to tiredness, but yeah, it's one resemblence of me.

You have a Paul Heyman thing going on there, I can imagine a pony tail down the back of your head :pac:

dancor wrote: »
    You have a Paul Heyman thing going on there, I can imagine a pony tail down the back of your head :pac:

I'll try not to take that as an insult as I actually dropped weight in the last year while Heyman has more than likely put it on. ;)

As for the Ponytail, dear christ no. I did have long hair, it was actually down to my arse at one point but that was many years ago. Once i started losing it, it all got shaved off.

Painful as that was to do, it was easier to deal with in the long run than prolonging it later in life. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

31 here. Been watching properly since around late 99 / early 2000. But was half watching before that, and as a kid in the 80's.

Six people over 30, i don't feel so aincent now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I'll try not to take that as an insult as I actually dropped weight in the last year while Heyman has more than likely put it on. ;)

As for the Ponytail, dear christ no. I did have long hair, it was actually down to my arse at one point but that was many years ago. Once i started losing it, it all got shaved off.

Painful as that was to do, it was easier to deal with in the long run than prolonging it later in life. ;)

You could totally rock a skullett man,a la Heavy Devy himself.:D

Devin_Townsend-12824.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

23 though time has gone so slowly these days i could be reverse aging at this point

nedtheshed wrote: »
    You could totally rock a skullett man,a la Heavy Devy himself.:D

Devin_Townsend-12824.jpg

Have you been stalking my posts in R&M?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

watching since 1996.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

17 and looking at wee back at wm17 was my frist show

watching since 2000,wm XIX was the first,stopped watching until last year(got the channel back :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Have you been stalking my posts in R&M?

Ha ha ha,I just checked thread on the DTP and saw what you wrote.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Im 24,watching wwe since 88-89 as far as i can remember,its good relving the likes of wrestlemania 3 and 4 again and again,got into wcw about 98-99 when tmc showed ot on a thursday and friday and then they started showing flims and then i lost the run of what was going on until wwe bought it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

20 , watching since 2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just turned 28, first encountered wrestling when I was around 5 or 6. We didn't have the channel but I vividly remember people excitedly discussing Hogan Vs Savage in school and the excitement of calling over to my friend's house to watch WWF on Sky One (I presume). There was a lad in my class who was the original smark and he'd lend me the WWF home releases of the Rumbles and Manias about a year after they actually happened and he was an avid collector of magazines and even introduced me to WCW, although it would be years before i'd ever actually see it! I often wonder is he still a fan as he was a true smark even then, reckoning WCW was better than WWF to the derision of the rest of us (this must have been around 1991-ish). Finally caught up with the rest of the world around 91/92 and the parents got Sky on the old Cablelink and have been a fan ever since pretty much, although my interest level has gone up and down at various stages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am like the hours in the day. 24

Have followed Wrestling since 89. I have always enjoyed it and didn't always have access to sky so my watching was patchy. In the last few years with having my own sky subscription and then sky plus I watch all wwe tv each week. I still refuse to pay for PPV's, would rather buy a DVD. I try to catch tna matches featuring the non oaps of wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I'm 22, one day older than RockRebelChick (just checked profile) almost time twins *sniffle*

Been watching since 92 stopped watching shortly after the invasion, it wasnt the same without Luger and Hugh Morrus on the same show.;)

Got back into it when I heard WWE were coming back here for a show in 04.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

Priceless since 1981! ;)

I turn 28 this year, been watching WWF/E since 1986, I was obsessed between 1988 - 2005, now I watch when I can and follow storylines online.

Also watched WCW from 1990/91 - 1994 on UTV and followed it in Power Slam Magazine thereafter, watched New Japan on Screensport (Shawn remembers that, i'm sure) and World of Sport on ITV aswell at various points.

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people on here my age, who didn't start watching until the mid to late 90's! They obviously had lives when they were pre pubescents...I didn't. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

im 23- and have been watching since before 1990-

although my addiction started the night that taker done for hogan at the 1991 survivor series!! all my childhood dreams smashed although it ended up being that taker is my fav wrestleer of all time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I’m 33 next month, and I’ve all my own hair, even in places I don’t want it – like my ears and nose :(
    I’m watching wrestling since late ’86. Being allowed to stay up for WM3 will always be a lasting memory for me. My faith in the WWE product has diminished in recent times (I’ve just had Sky Sports knocked off, but that’s as much because of the end of the football and because of the recessi…ooops, sorry Shawn, nearly said the R word there :D), but I’ll be keeping my eye on things through Sky One’s WWE Experience (What a show :)), what I can see on the internet and what I read on here, as well as TNA on bravo of course. But I know at some point I’ll enjoy watching more WWE programming again, and that I’ll still be watching wrestling from my rocking chair in a convalescent home (Hope I don’t do a Verne Gagne on anyone :eek:).
    I’ve also passed the bug onto my 10 year old son, will try my best to do like wise with my 11 month daughter (Although her mother says that’s not gonna happen) and if they’re bothered, I’ll take pride in telling my grand kids about a time when G.Dubya was president, Britney Spears was teaching the world to sing, and Mae Young was given birth to a hand, among other great wrestling storys…;)

• Advertisement

D-FENS wrote: »
    recessi…ooops, sorry Shawn, nearly said the R word there :D

Oh you bastid... :P

Advertisement