Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Poker worth learning?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

lafortezza wrote: »
    Doesnt this mean the lady may have had a cavernous vagina?

No it means the man had a little teeney weeney willy..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

maxy jazz wrote: »
    I think Poker is for loosers. get a real hobby. sad existence thinking your going to trump the cards. house always wins. better luck with the lotto at 70 million to 1, you did well to dump the creep.

And in the Celbridge poker thread a few weeks ago.
    if possible can you add my user to the list, thanks. MJ

Did someone bust your Aces?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maxy jazz

yeah I lost the lot. so talking from experience! will be sticking with the euro millions from now on!!

BTW - could someone from boards.ie get rid of the annoying poker add on the bottom right of screen.

gwhiz wrote: »
    No it means the man had a little teeney weeney willy..... :P

So you are willing to accept a tiny penis and shocking sex but when he plays poker, that's where you draw the line?

I am coming off as so anti-gwhiz here. You've become a real legend to me, this thread is gas. Not a wench anymore gwhiz, though your "hot" answer sucked.

Thread detective ftw. Nice work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

Poker is a great social out let if you can walk away whenever you wisk. My folks are terrfied of it as it ruined my mothers brother and we have been warned away from the 'evil' all our lives

If you cannt turn off the laptop and walk away within 20 minutes of making a decision to go for a pint then you have probably the start of a potential problem and you should get rid of braodband immediately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

No.... not really relevant but I just couldn't help myself.... my fingers were typing away and I couldn't stop myself... the anger.... the frustration... at being dumped for POKER.... sob sob.... :P

Lol it happens..

So you are willing to accept a tiny penis and shocking sex but when he plays poker, that's where you draw the line?

I am coming off as so anti-gwhiz here. You've become a real legend to me, this thread is gas. Not a wench anymore gwhiz, though your "hot" answer sucked.

Sorry I forgot to mention he had fantastic tongue action and combined with my collection of "toys", I just about got by.... twas a very difficult time for me.... but I got through it.... oh no... not again.... sob sob sob

Sorry you didn't like the "hot" answer, I will go re-post that for you now... Is that ok Kayroo ???

Sorry I forgot to mention he had fantastic tongue action and combined with my collection of "toys", I just about got by.... twas a very difficult time for me.... but I got through it.... oh no... not again.... sob sob sob

Sorry you didn't like the "hot" answer, I will go re-post that for you now... Is that ok Kayroo ???

I really don't know what to make of you now.

"hot" post edited...

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    surely this makes him a keeper - irrespective of anything else??? :confused:

This post is wrong on so many levels.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hmm. My "offendometer" may be a little off today though, after reading the report on church abuse first thing this morning...:(

I have to admit that messed me up a bit as well.

Basically I am going for a cheap joke based on you rating a mans tongue abilities in a similar vein as a woman might. It's not funny now I think of it. I am having a very slow morning, paperwork is dimming my brain.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's not funny, but it is scary.

I'm glad I moved this thread from the gambling forum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

I think Poker is for losers. get a real hobby. sad existence thinking your going to trump the cards. house always wins. better luck with the lotto at 70 million to 1, you did well to dump the creep.

play some poker, win some money, go to school and learn to spell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

Is this you Tom??? :D heee.... heeee ...
    And for the record everyone, Im glad he is gone. He had a very small dick and and was crap in bed. I mean total fcuking rubbish. Having sex with him was like "throwing a sausage up o'connell street" .... :P

yeah I'm Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

OMFG!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Gwhiz are you for real?! You are seriously letting our side down big time girl... I dubious you are a woman at all, but a tool for poo-stirring! If I'm wrong: well all I can say is be glad he was dumped for two-timing you with mama-poker than that minger of a delivery girl above ^^ - the idea of his tongue on yer wan then back on you, would take you take faaaar longer to recover from... :rolleyes: trust me.

I second Kayroo - don't even think of learning poker. You saw how 'bad' it can be, turn around now, run! There are days that I wish I never learnt to play... and there's those heady days that I just can't get down from that winning-high!

Stick to writing and slashing/teasing people... you excel at it! :D

Me thinks this thread would be better in BBV - GWhiz would be a very welcomed there to help us gals to lower the testosterone feast it already is... :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

dougee19 wrote: »
    play some poker, win some money, go to school and learn to spell

Leaving aside punctuation and capitalisation of some words, the only word they spelt incorrectly was "your" which should have been "you're".

The fact that the house doesn't care who wins, does make their point moot though.

Edit: Electra, did you not see the whole recipes bit the other day? Did that not make you feel at home? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

You say your boyfriend always lost a lot of money. What was his screen name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

We need to open a book on which regular poker forum poster it'll turn out was gwhiz's ex. I'm very confident it's Hawk Eye fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

well all I can say is be glad he was dumped for two-timing you with mama-poker than that minger of a delivery girl above ^^

I wouldn't throw her outta the bed for atin' Tayto's :p

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

5starpool wrote: »
    Electra, did you not see the whole recipes bit the other day? Did that not make you feel at home? :p

Pffffttt! I don't cook... :p When do I have the time to cook?!!! :rolleyes: Like all true dengens I pay someone to do that for me with my poka winnings, and when I am not winning I uses these:

shop-n-save-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

RedJoker wrote: »

I don't think I've ever met a poker player who fits this physical description. A lot of them tend to be overweight.

Dont know any poker players other than by ex and he got fatter and fatter from lack of physical excercise.... didn't have any strange twitches either so I agree, this is not accurate.

I look so much better now. Will you take me back
    Fat_Man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭northwestguy27

There was a young woman on Boards
    Whose (ex)fella was very untoward
    you see, he loved his poker too much
    But stangely, always found the time to MUNCH....:confused:

Tinytony wrote: »
    You say your boyfriend always lost a lot of money. What was his screen name?

His did lose a lot of money and also won a lot too (but plouged it all back in) ... seemingly he is a very skilled player, well so I was told by his poker playing buddies.... has read loads of poker books, made loads of notes.. yawn yawn.... blah blah... his screen name is "COCKLESS" :rolleyes:

I look so much better now. Will you take me back
    Fat_Man.jpg

OMG... you have lost a ton of weight.. You look sexaaaaay........ ehhemmmmmm..... sorry to ask, but have you made that appointment yet with the plastic surgeon? You really do need to sort out that "little" problem you have.... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Is this you Tom??? :D heee.... heeee ...

Ann?

Im not addicted to poker, i just love playing it. I cant belive you've brought this up on a public forum, i mean for gods sake we broke up, get over it. For the record i rarely play poker anymore, i am either too busy at work or training (which i have managed to get back into since you left). You had no problem spending the money when i won did you?

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

I do think poker changes people to a greater extent than other "hobbies". Maybe its the money aspect but I find a lot of people who are into poker are very boring because poker is all they talk about.

I used to love the game and I introduced a few friends and its all they would talk about or want to do 24/7. You'd be having a conversation and you could sense they were doing everything in their power to veer it towards poker, it actually turned me off the game. I dont want to hear about how your aces got cracked or you hit your gut shot flush draw for the 500th time.:mad:

Then there is the attitude of a lot of people who play the game. I hate sitting at the table for a 25 euro buy-in and you get these college students talking like their the the Irish Jhonnie Chan, telling you what you should or shouldnt do, what the odds of every hands are and how every time they lose a hand its down to somebody elses sh1t play getting lucky. :rolleyes:

I think it can be a fun, challenging game. Its certainly quite complex with many facets but I do think the skill element is overrated by many. On the whole I think poker is more of a negative influence than a positive one for many players.

Having said all that I do think a lot of people are too quick to comment on the game without having the first clue about it. A lot of the attitudes towards the game are just downright ignorant ("sure ya'll never beat the house:rolleyes:) but I can see where people are coming from when they lose a friend/boyfriend to the game:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement