Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been clamped in LIDL?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

I've been clamped in lidl when I first arrived back in Ireland.
    I have to admit, i didn't see the sign saying i mite be clamped. I went to do some shopping and I was clamped after I came back. I was in a mad rush and I know I shouldn't have parked there and left my car but 120 euro fine on the spot is OTT!
    Where does this money go to other than greedy f*****s??

WERE YOU CLAMPED IN LIDE 60 votes

YES
    0%
    NO
    1%
    civis_liberalis 1 vote
    I DON'T SHOP THERE
    98%
    StephenD-GeneratebytesceptreKaromaomahaidtuxynetwhizkidinforfunGuy:IncognitoseanybikerAlkersFrank Spencer1huge1Mick Shrimptonmukkiweederdelta_bravoblahblah06Kiera 59 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

How exactly does this make them greedy? You parked where you were not supposed to, tough sh!t...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

How exactly does this make them greedy? You parked where you were not supposed to, tough sh!t...

how does 120 euro make it a fair fine? what about 1000 euro or a mortgage even? lol:pac: ur missing my point I think

So what did you do?

Park in front of the warehouse door, in a disabled bay, somewhere stupid blocking other users or just outstaying your welcome by shopping elswhere.

You were clamped for a reason! You admit to it as well.

b28 wrote: »
    how does 120 euro make it a fair fine? what about 1000 euro or a mortgage even? lol:pac: ur missing my point I think

Some wheelclampers are absolute bastards, clamping for unreasonable things like:
    displaying your ticket upsidedown
    having one wheel touching the white line
    being a couple of mm over the yellow line
    stopping when the road collapsed under the van!
    etc These are not jokes, they've all happened in the UK

Some of these clamping companies are run by some very unsavory characters.

No I am not missing your point, you didn't get clamped for nothing, if anything more people need to get clamped. There are some complete morons parking in carparks that should not be allowed operate a vehicle...
    Some wheelclampers are absolute bastards, clamping for unreasonable things like:

Some of these clamping companies are run by some very unsavory characters.

Touching the white line and being over the yellow line is very very reasonable. There is no need for you to park that way. It obstructs other car park users. It's quite annoying.

• Advertisement

Touching the white line and being over the yellow line is very very reasonable. There is no need for you to park that way. It obstructs other car park users. It's quite annoying.

I agree it's annoying, a note on the windscreen should be sufficient, how often have you been forced to park "a bit skewed" because the only space left is already skewed because half the other cars in the line are badly parked.

They'd run out of clamps in the Square Tallaght. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I DON'T SHOP THERE
    tis a fair hefty fine alright.

I agree it's annoying, a note on the windscreen should be sufficient, how often have you been forced to park "a bit skewed" because the only space left is already skewed because half the other cars in the line are badly parked.

They'd run out of clamps in the Square Tallaght. :pac:

True, but if people were conditioned, this wouldn't happen in the first place. If I thought I would get a fine (wouldn't pay it anyway) for parking arseways because some muppet beside me done the same, then I wouldn't park there anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

b28 - what Lidl store location was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I will answer your only actual question.

The money goes to keep the security guard in the employ to keep people like you out of the car park in the first place.

There are many LIDL/ALDI stores in City Centre location with juicy car parks you do not have to pay for and people like take advantage. They enlisted the help of clamps to frigthen people like you from taking the P*ss.

Thats where the money goes.

Dont shop there, Dont Park There!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

German efficiency FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I DON'T SHOP THERE
    I have to admit, i didn't see the sign saying i mite be clamped. I went to do some shopping and I was clamped after I came back. I was in a mad rush and I know I shouldn't have parked there and left my car but 120 euro fine on the spot is OTT!
    Where does this money go to other than greedy f*****s??

You're knew you shouldn't have parked there.
    If you do what you're supposed to you don't get clamped. Try it on for size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I DON'T SHOP THERE
    Can you tell us where you parked so we can justify whether it was fair or not and then we can judge you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Damn, we should declare our independence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

My wife was, big mistake, she verbally attacked the clamper until he was a whimpering mess and he unlocked it free.;)

It happened in wexford. And the actual thread was titled Did you ever clamped in lidl. whats wrong with you people? do you not have anything better to do than judge?
    I'd hate to go out with you all lol!

It happened once and I LEARNED A LESSON. So I I don't do it again? does it still make me a criminal??
    God if the census form endured this criticism because of their questions from people like you, we wouldn't know who still cycled to school at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

It happened in wexford. And the actual thread was titled Did you ever clamped in lidl. whats wrong with you people? do you not have anything better to do than judge?

Are you aware of the concept of After Hours?

Are you aware of the concept of After Hours?

I think I don't sorry.. I'm brand new to this site :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭ClayDavis

10/10. Would rage again.

• Advertisement

Kinda, wasn't my car though;)

I think I don't sorry.. I'm brand new to this site :confused:

Ah, well even if you post something of importance or make a scientific discovery in this forum, people here will still ridicule you. Though in all fairness, you shouldn't have parked there.

Ah, well even if you post something of importance or make a scientific discovery in this forum, people here will still ridicule you. Though in all fairness, you shouldn't have parked there.

I'm not exactly the rainman, but I have still figured that one out!
    i wont again!

Atta boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I'm not exactly the rainman, but I have still figured that one out!
    i wont again!

At least we know it works as a deterrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I DON'T SHOP THERE
    An File wrote: »
    German efficiency FTW
    It could have been worse, you could have been carted away and gassed.

junkyard wrote: »
    It could have been worse, you could have been carted away and gassed.
    I'm sure they have people working for the company who still believe that policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

I carry around an inverter and an angle grinder in the boot of the car for situations like this. but to answer the question I never been clamped there. i usually go to Aldi where they don't have this clamping nonsense.

the idea behind clamping is fairly stupid too. if somebody is in the way you don't prevent them from getting out of the way. if for 120e you are willing to have him stuck there for however long it takes him to get back then he was never in the way in the first place. it is greedy, opportunistic money grabbing. if somebody is in the way it would be reasonable to tow them or give them a fine but for **** sake dont make it so they can't move out of the way

towel401 wrote: »
    I carry around an inverter and an angle grinder in the boot of the car for situations like this. but to answer the question I never been clamped there. i usually go to Aldi where they don't have this clamping nonsense.

the idea behind clamping is fairly stupid too. if somebody is in the way you don't prevent them from getting out of the way. if for 120e you are willing to have him stuck there for however long it takes him to get back then he was never in the way in the first place. it is greedy, opportunistic money grabbing. if somebody is in the way it would be reasonable to tow them or give them a fine but for **** sake dont make it so they can't move out of the way

By far the most down to earth, non judgemental, no snobbish reply here along with captain america and junkyard! thank you! finally some reality check!;)

• Advertisement

By far the most down to earth, non judgemental, no snobbish reply here along with captain america and junkyard! thank you! finally some reality check!;)

Don't judge AH as being any ways sensible until you've spent a weekend night here.:D

Advertisement