Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been clamped in LIDL?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

galwayrush wrote: »
    Don't judge AH as being any ways sensible until you've spent a weekend night here.:D
    I could be Don Cheadle for all you know lol :D

b28 wrote: »
    I could be Don Cheadle for all you know lol :D

Something tells me that if you were then you wouldn't have been shopping in Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I DON'T SHOP THERE
    towel401 wrote: »
    I carry around an inverter and an angle grinder in the boot of the car for situations like this. but to answer the question I never been clamped there. i usually go to Aldi where they don't have this clamping nonsense.

the idea behind clamping is fairly stupid too. if somebody is in the way you don't prevent them from getting out of the way. if for 120e you are willing to have him stuck there for however long it takes him to get back then he was never in the way in the first place. it is greedy, opportunistic money grabbing. if somebody is in the way it would be reasonable to tow them or give them a fine but for **** sake dont make it so they can't move out of the way

If you came back to your car to find a fine issued by Lidl, would you pay it?

I shudder to think the threads that would be up if they started towing people.

Clamoing works. See OP for proof.
    How would people react if they came home to find someone parked in their driveway? Thats pretty much what your doing by parking on someone elses land, whether they are a business or an individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Stekelly wrote: »

I shudder to think the threads that would be up if they started towing people.

Clamoing works. See OP for proof.
    How would people react if they came home to find someone parked in their driveway? Thats pretty much what your doing by parking on someone elses land, whether they are a business or an individual.

yea i have no problem with that would probably pay it straight away out of respect for them not to make me go through the trouble of cutting off a clamp and being able to drive home straight away. if someone parked on my drive the first thing i'd worry about is getting it of the way + lock the gate next time.

parking on someones drive is far more serious than parking on a shops car park for too long or taking up two spaces. someones driveway is usually the only way to get a car out of a private residence and is only wide enough for one car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I likely would because it would probably be 20% cheaper than any other fine.

On the other hand it's a lidl clamp. If you just left it for a day it'd probably fall off of its own accord.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

I DON'T SHOP THERE
    I'm sure they have people working for the company who still believe that policy

but they have to learn English first before i listen to them

On the other hand it's a lidl clamp. If you just left it for a day it'd probably fall off of its own accord.

lolz :)

Why pay 120 for the one on your car, you'll find them next to the frozen peas inside for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I DON'T SHOP THERE
    towel401 wrote: »
    yea i have no problem with that would probably pay it straight away out of respect for them not to make me go through the trouble of cutting off a clamp and being able to drive home straight away. if someone parked on my drive the first thing i'd worry about is getting it of the way + lock the gate next time.

parking on someones drive is far more serious than parking on a shops car park for too long or taking up two spaces. someones driveway is usually the only way to get a car out of a private residence and is only wide enough for one car.

So if you had a wide driveway, its ok for people to come park in it?

Plus I'll say it straight out. like **** youd head into the shop and hand over €120 because they left a note on your window. Anyone who says different is a liar.

Your on their land, so they make the rules. If you dont like that, off you go and park elswhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I DON'T SHOP THERE
    Nope never!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've been clamped in lidl when I first arrived back in Ireland.
    I have to admit, i didn't see the sign saying i mite be clamped. I went to do some shopping and I was clamped after I came back. I was in a mad rush and I know I shouldn't have parked there and left my car but 120 euro fine on the spot is OTT!
    Where does this money go to other than greedy f*****s??

They clamped your car while you were in the supermarket? Surely that's illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Why pay 120 for the one on your car, you'll find them next to the frozen peas inside for €35

If that were true it would be brilliant. Tell the clamper you'll be back in a minute.....buy a clamp in the store then clamp their van.........tell them you'll take it off in return for them taking the clamp off your car...along with 60 blips.

As for the "less than pleasant" part of the clampers personality.......well Lidl happened to have a special on fcuking nail guns* the day you bought your clamp.

Sweet.

*nails included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

junkyard wrote: »
    It could have been worse, you could have been carted away and gassed.

Jesus, where do you shop?
    In the 1940's perhaps?
    :rolleyes:

So if you had a wide driveway, its ok for people to come park in it?

Plus I'll say it straight out. like **** youd head into the shop and hand over €120 because they left a note on your window. Anyone who says different is a liar.

Your on their land, so they make the rules. If you dont like that, off you go and park elswhere.

well i definitely wouldnt pay those shysters to remove a piece of metal they put on my car. the days of being able to do what you want to anyone who walks onto your land are over unfortunately.

i'd ****ing hire a crane to lift the car out of their car park from the outside clamp and all before i'd pay those greedy cnuts a cent to remove a clamp from my own car

Advertisement