Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Dream job... What is it?

Options
  • 11-04-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭

What's your dream job?

And what are ur plans for after uni?

Mine is a pro footballer (original eh). Always wanted to be a marine aswell so I might do that after uni.

So what bout you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Professional MMA fighter :o
    Ill get there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

just being allowed to play with my own projects and get paid a modest amount of money for it. From writing code to writing fiction.

Possibly a little bit of stand up work on the side would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Freelance photographer for Pirelli Tyre Company.

chughes wrote: »
    Freelance photographer for Pirelli Tyre Company.
    I like tyres too. Mmmmmm Michelin Man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

If I can ever be arsed learning that bass guitar I've had for three years properly I'd love to be a musician and songwriter but I don't think I have the talent or the patience for it.

Hitman would be cool too. If only I hadn't been born with a conscience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

FBI Agent! FREEZE MOFO! :D

I'm thinking robbery/homicide. Just like Utah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

If I can ever be arsed learning that bass guitar I've had for three years properly I'd love to be a musician and songwriter but I don't think I have the talent or the patience for it.

Hitman would be cool too. If only I hadn't been born with a conscience.
    Man its a lot harder than you think!...But you once you start learning its addictive!

My dream job would be either an Environmental Scientist or anything to do with Evolution!.

I like tyres too. Mmmmmm Michelin Man :D

Unlike street legal tyres, the subject of my photographs would have no threads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

taken from my yearbook profile section in ten years 10

"radiographer by day and world famous photographer by night"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Airline pilot. Always wanted to be one, never got out of the "phase".

Going to Uni first, probably do Aero engineering in UL and then train to be a pilot after that.

chughes wrote: »
    Unlike street legal tyres, the subject of my photographs would have no threads
    Slicks?:confused:

It depends on the Veet. If it's used, then yes.

He means they'll be bald from being burned out I'd say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Airline pilot. Always wanted to be one, never got out of the "phase".

Going to Uni first, probably do Aero engineering in UL and then train to be a pilot after that.

Ye I want to be a polite in the army... pity the Irish air corps is ****! Would love to join a foreign army.

You gonna pay for your training?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Ye I want to be a polite in the army... pity the Irish air corps is ****! Would love to join a foreign army.

French Foreign Legion eh? :p

Would love to be a sports physio myself.

Stev_o wrote: »
    French Foreign Legion eh? :p

Would love to be a sports physio myself.

Jeez u never know:cool::confused:... but surrendering ur passport, not bein able to marry and the crazy mental training techniques...

Would love to get a green card and join the marines but wishful thinking me thinks.

Jeez u never know:cool::confused:... but surrendering ur passport, not bein able to marry and the crazy mental training techniques...

Would love to get a green card and join the marines but wishful thinking me thinks.

Well least you wouldn't be serving in some hell whole in the back end of nowhere. You'll be happy in the knowledge your the cannon fodder if France gets attacked:p

Read Hidden Soldier by Padraig O'Keffe

Read Hidden Soldier by Padraig O'Keffe

Ye heard about this on the military forum. Have you read it?

• Advertisement

Well least you wouldn't be serving in some hell whole in the back end of nowhere. You'll be happy in the knowledge your the cannon fodder if France gets attacked:p

The legion serves in Ivory coast, afghanistan, djibitou (spelled something like that) and I think iraq.......... apart from those ****holes ur sorted tho:D

Ye heard about this on the military forum. Is it already published? Have you read it?
    Yeah man great read,he bought a one way ticket to France and join up straight away didnt even tell his family!! lol..Seriously though great book if your thinking of it!!One word of advice if you are,learn to speak French or expect to do lots of press ups and punches in the face!!:pac:

The legion serves in Ivory coast, afghanistan, djibitou (spelled something like that) and I think iraq.......... apart from those ****holes ur sorted tho:D

It's fiiiiiiiiiine mean the French have a really good military record right?? Right?? Wait.......................oh............................sh1t..........

Yeah man great read,he bought a one way ticket to France and join up straight away didnt even tell his family!! lol..Seriously though great book if your thinking of it!!One word of advice if you are,learn to speak French or expect to do lots of press ups and punches in the face!!:pac:

Ye jus read a chapter of it online. Hope the bookstores will be open tomorrow.

Dunno if i'd join. I've 4 years odf uni and obviously i'll be a totally dif. person after it but I'll prob keep it in mind.

Dyin to read this book now!

It's fiiiiiiiiiine mean the French have a really good military record right?? Right?? Wait.......................oh............................sh1t..........

Well they where part of the allies that won WW2:o They've a decent enough army nyway

Ye jus read a chapter of it online. Hope the bookstores will be open tomorrow.

Dunno if i'd join. I've 4 years odf uni and obviously i'll be a totally dif. person after it but I'll prob keep it in mind.

Dyin to read this book now!

Not thinking of joining the defence forces here?

Not thinking of joining the defence forces here?

Thought about it and still considering but I'd love to be a pilot of fixed wing aircraft and the Irish air corps only have heli's and the fixed wing aircraft are only for training purposes (bar the vip transport aircraft) afaik...

Thought about it and still considering but I'd love to be a pilot of fixed wing aircraft and the Irish air corps only have heli's and the fixed wing aircraft are only for training purposes (bar the vip transport aircraft) afaik...

True and i have the feeling you wouldn't go for the RAF yeah? So USAF all the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

yeah manners are always good:p

id love to work in theatre...anything to do with it really.backstage work,chorus line,lighting,sound,props,costumes.i love it all.

My dream job has always been to be a vet though.love animals but think id get too attatched to them.

ive applied to theatre courses but will probably end up a nurse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

If a competition in the air corp came up I would definitely go for it and give it 110% but they only take on like 5 guys and haven't taken on anyone in last 2 years and Ive heard a rumour that it could be 2011 before they take on anyone again!

RAF is out. You have to be a british citizen to fly in the RAF although you can work in any other position in the RAF as an Irish citizen.

I was talking to a few guys in the air corp and I would really like the lifestyle, but there isnt a huge amount of flying involved and new officers start on cessnas once they are finished training and are given a crappy office job - in charge of the firing range for example that the more senior officers don't want!

If that dosen't work out I'll get a degree and work for a year or 2 and save some money and borrow some more and probably go to Oxford.

I know a pilot that flies for Aer Lingus and I was talking to her recently, she gave me loads of info. PM me if you want it because I cant really post it here.

Advertisement