Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Dream job... What is it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

And youre obviously not familiar with comedy :pac:

It's comedy as long as its not American. With the exception of a few shows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

Football player

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

right now its a skydive instructor and videographer and i should have this accomplished in the next 2 or 3 years at most

give it up for achievable dreams :D

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Be on stage on Broadway! Live in New York and the whole shabang!

Yes I like 2 dream big :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

To be a pharmacist! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Full-time writer.

Philosopher/Poet whatever. Just a complete muser.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Full-time writer.

Philosopher/Poet whatever. Just a complete muser.

Have you posted anything in the creative writing forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BlueButterBean

A paramedic in the army or a make-up artist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

President of Ireland, free tickets to anything worthwhile. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Will hopefully be doing Computer Applications next year, hoping to go on to be Software Developer.

My "Dream Job" is basically one where I don't have to answer to much people, earn enough to not have to worry about money and have a decent amount of free time, as well as working on Software I'm actually interested in.

Not very exciting but I'd imagine it's a lot more attainable than the typical "Dream Job".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Will hopefully be doing Computer Applications next year, hoping to go on to be Software Developer.

My "Dream Job" is basically one where I don't have to answer to much people, earn enough to not have to worry about money and have a decent amount of free time, as well as working on Software I'm actually interested in.

Not very exciting but I'd imagine it's a lot more attainable than the typical "Dream Job".
    ditto,nice easy free,what more do you need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

what about a professional moderator on boards.ie?;):D

Ha Ha I see your referring to me , maybe a Professional waster on the dole like you:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Ha Ha I see your referring to me , maybe a Professional waster on the dole like you:rolleyes:
    And what are you basing this assumption on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kaz13

A doctor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

D.R cowboy wrote: »

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Not a specific job per say but anything that allows me to use my limited intellect to make obscene ammounts of money.I'll let you know how it goes.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Remmy wrote: »
    Not a specific job per say but anything that allows me to use my limited intellect to make obscene ammounts of money.I'll let you know how it goes.;)
    President Of America?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

President Of America?

Duly noted!Taoiseach fits suitably too.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Ambassador :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

maybe this is a humour thread, maybe this is not, but here's my "story".

When I was in secondary school, I was a total douchebag. I mean, incompetent, pretentious, and with a very poor grasp of reality. I was around 16, and after reading a lot about Visual Effects for Hollywood movies, and learning some graphics software on my own, I was ready to leave school school mid-way through fifth year and go to US of A to try and make it. That was my dream job.

I mean, if I would travel in time and meet a past version of myself at that age, I would probably pummel the living crap out of him and beat some reality and sense into him :D

Roll forward 7 years, and I'm very glad that I didn't go down that road. I'm now involved in something that is different and I like it a lot. I can't stand looking at any Visual effects related blogs now.

For some people, teenage dreams are a complete opposite of reality that may face them in 5 or 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

TV reviewer/ Quiz Com panelist/host.

I'd also love to be a policital correspondant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

At the mo, the dream is to be a Tall Doctor.

Other possibilities include Investagatory Journalist and Expensive Counsellor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

A Neurotic wrote: »

A Tall Doctor?

Barrister, Make Up Artist, Journalist....

I wanted to be a psychiatrist for a while too, but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

A Neurotic wrote: »
    A tall doctor you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Barrister,judge,writer,journalist. Went through many phases but those 4 are just music to my ears. Oh,I'd also love to be in a band or something,but the lack of musical ability hinders the prospects somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Make Up Artist,

Hi I'm Sarcastic Fairy and I was the make-up artist on (Insert name of film).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 anchorsaway

A human rights attorney... and then probably President. Or at least involved heavily with politics.. can't change the system unless you're a part of it, they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

In the very short-term future, I'd be delighted to get a job working at Supervalue. :D

In the long run, I'd love to be a journalist. If that were to fail, I wouldn't mind teaching English and history. Not exactly as good as writing for the Independent. :pac: Still, a job's a job and a steady enough one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ChasingDreams

I would love to be a pharmacist but pharmacy is currently going down the toilet (:mad: Harney). So if I can't become a pharmacist I'm hoping to become a (corporate) lawyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

So if I can't become a pharmacist I'm hoping to become a (corporate) lawyer.
    So you'll end up ripping people off anyway.

Advertisement