Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Institute of Education Notes

Options
  • 30-03-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All,

Having a bit of a problem here. I'm looking for the IOE Notes. I know I'm late but I thought I was fine till I checked the LC subject syllabus and noticed that my college has left alot of stuff out!
    I tried to join IOE on their Easter Intensive course but I don't think that will be enough more so as the options are limited. Like if I take chemistry then I can't chose physics etc...
    Is there anyway I can get the notes for self study? I think I remember seeing a few being sold on adverts?
    Or if not than can someone point me to what I should do now, good note links etc?
    Really looking for advice as I just have no idea what I should do next!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Theyre copyrighted AFAIK and shouldnt be sold!1162365292-1162263969848.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭xtremepoizn

Swizz wrote: »
    Theyre copyrighted AFAIK and shouldnt be sold!

copyrighted yes, shouldn't be sold I dont thing so. for JC the notes were sold. it didnt say anywhere not to sell just copyrighted so if you sell without taking photo copies or scanning then I dont think it should be a problem. although it depends on the individual. some people dont like to sell them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Put it this way, you wont find any on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Even if you could sell them, here isn't the place for it. : p

I'd recommend looking in a text book, perhaps? They can be fairly good..

I'd recommend looking in a text book, perhaps? They can be fairly good..

yea question is what text book! I'm not asking fro IOE notes only I also asked if someone can point me in the direction of some good text books. I got all possible revision books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

yea question is what text book! I'm not asking fro IOE notes only I also asked if someone can point me in the direction of some good text books. I got all possible revision books.

TBH, I went to the institute for chem grinds at christmas and they were very poor. Chemistry notes werent great either.
    The best book to get would be chemistry live. If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you a few of my own notes that Im making for grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Perhaps enlighten us as to what subjects you're doing, so. : p

Major problem is Chemistry. Physics and Biology is a bonus. I'm fine in all other subjects.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

I'm just going to put this out there, not intending to offend but maybe provoke a rethinking of your issue..

When you already have 'all revision books', maybe the problem isn't the books.. Because as far as I know, and maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that these books covered the entire course(or at least do collectively).. So I can't imagine what you could be missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

IOE notes aren't some magic bullet. Especially for science subjects all the necessary info is in the text books, and if you want them condensed any of the revision books will have all the info. They don't just decide to publish a book with half the course in it, they are pretty comprehensive. I use chemistry live! and it has everything needed and more.

• Advertisement

If there is a God, he probably wrote the IOE physics notes, theyre pretty damn good (IE Pat Doyle is God)

Bio and Chem notes arent meant to be great really.

None of the Chem books have absolutely everything, there's some ridiculous 3 mark questions that get little or no mention.

Rapid Revision Chem is great for everything other than the first 2 chapters (Crookes, Rutherford, Bohr etc). So for chem get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

my biologys teachers notes in there are great but as far as im aware this teacher doesnt do the revision courses.the teacher who does though i think is the same one that writes reviswise,i have it myself and its pretty good or there is a little book by celtic press by mona murray for bio and its very good for exp,diagrams and points on every part of the course required

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

the IOE notes are actually pretty amazing.. i do french irish and english there, brought me up to a B1 in the mocks from B3 at christmas in french, ditto on irish, C3 to C1(69%! gah... so close!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

I do bio there. The teacher is very good, i'd recommend the revise wise book.

I do french and english there too.

9am starts on saturday mornings are hard :(

9am starts on saturday mornings are hard :(

oh my lord don't i know it... it takes all my willpower to drag my ass outta bed, especially since i know that irish and english await me....:(

oh my lord don't i know it... it takes all my willpower to drag my ass outta bed, especially since i know that irish and english await me....:(

I've given up going out on friday nights.. I usually fall asleep about half way through the first one.

Irish or eng first?

ah i havn't resorted to such drastic measures YET.... i get a coffee first and then again in between classes, keeps me functioning:)

irish with grealy at 9 then english with Kelly at 10.45! Friday's not too bad... french at 5 with Hogan:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

If you're looking for good notes I'd recommend the study books 'Shortcuts to Success'. They have books on some specific parts of the irish, english and geography courses and then most other subjects too I think.
    I've never found ReviseWise or Less Stress More Success to be that great, too much writing crammed together in both of them, not easy to study from!

irish with grealy at 9 then english with Kelly at 10.45! Friday's not too bad... french at 5 with Hogan:D

Didnt know he teaches at weekends!

Dunno what keeps him going, teaches in my school (and is the 5th year head, so really full time) teaches at the institute day school,and weekends. What keeps him going?

kelly is a nice man, dont have him this time as his classes are on later in the day due to teaching in another school.
    dont tell me you fancy cian hogan???? his name is in every girls cubicle in the school nearly, yucky old man!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have Kelly first thing at 9am.
    He's so energetic!! It's crazy!!

Burke is great for bio, and have good old Hogan for French too :)
    Ah he's not yukky! He's lovely!

Burke?? never heard of that teacher for bio, we dont have that one in the sixth year

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Had Burke for Bio last yr but changed to french with Hogan and SO happy I did! He's a great teacher!

Have Grealy for irish this yr and she's pretty good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Bah Cians a legend but he overuses his jokes way too much. The first time he said "How bout we get a crate of vodka and crank this baby up a notch" was hilarious but after 6 months it gets old fast.

Fad wrote: »
    If there is a God, he probably wrote the IOE physics notes, theyre pretty damn good (IE Pat Doyle is God)

He's my Maths teacher.:eek:

He's my Maths teacher.:eek:

I was under the impression he only taught Physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Hmm I had the notes for maths, french, geography and chemistry but I have a feeling my mum dumped them now all I have left is my french ones which I am still using in uni. What I found handy during my leaving cert. was skoool.ie website it has good summarys but don't just study that use text books too. Less stress more successs are also good I even needed my chemistry one this year since first year chem is just like leaving cert. with a little extra in.

Good luck

Ohh and as for biology I just used my text book think it was called biology today or biology now or something? It was a good book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

IOE notes are unreal..especially their history ones. and for WE: a rivision book like less stress for example does not compare to them at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

yea im doin the revision course and roantree is class for maths

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

johnfaul wrote: »
    yea im doin the revision course and roantree is class for maths
    Whats so good about him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement