Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRA and mortgages

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

. Not their fault they were given money by the banks.

what did the banks call around to them.:confused::rolleyes: Come on take some responsibility - my god.. we have to rely on you to enforce our laws for god sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark_lord_ire

molloyjh wrote: »
    You mean Gardai who work their arses off? I hope your not suggesting that he shouldn't have been remunerated for that work!?

I know a lot of people in either sector and different industries who act the maggot but I don't hold them as being representative of all the people in that area.

Nice of you to put words in his mouth, but ultimately you're just forcing your view onto what other people are saying. It's all sounding very sad and bitter at this stage. As a result I think here endeth my involvement in this thread.

I agree lot of people sore with garda pay i will give my views but they are just my views as the next person is allowed have their say.

and as for the last post we do enforce the law its our job. Does annoy people sometimes but sure thats just the way it is. But have to take into account assaults on guards i myself have been assaulted in the past been rammed in the past even had a person try to stab me and its a danger thats accepted. and i guess a perk of that was paying into and getting a good pension i dont see the problem with that.

its a danger thats accepted. and i guess a perk of that was paying into and getting a good pension i dont see the problem with that.

It seems to me from the recent poster campaigns and the GRA expecting 20% off gardai mortgages that Gardai are playing the victims instead of protecting the victims in our society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

and as for the last post we do enforce the law its our job. Does annoy people sometimes but sure thats just the way it is.

Yeah I'm sure the people in Anglo Irish are reallly p*ssed off.

I know the response and I agree it isn't front line people making the call but they do work for the organisation. Who polices the police?

Can we report this to the Garda ombudsman that we suspect something dodgy? Would he bother his arse to do anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

thebman wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure the people in Anglo Irish are reallly p*ssed off.

I know the response and I agree it isn't front line people making the call but they do work for the organisation. Who polices the police?

Can we report this to the Garda ombudsman that we suspect something dodgy? Would he bother his arse to do anything?

In fairness to the Gardai I think the majority do their job well. Most bank workers just do their job too. Those at the very top in the banks, while I think they have abused their position, have mostly operated within the law as far as I know. I think it was the regulator and the central bank and the govt which let us down, in failing to regulate the economy ( and partly the banks ) , not the Gardai. While the Gardai salaries and pensions are on the high side you cannot blame them for taking it.

jimmmy wrote: »
    While the Gardai salaries and pensions are on the high side you cannot blame them for taking it.

nor can you throw the blame onto the taxpayers for the few gardai taking out mortgages they couldnt afford:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Nor did I " throw the blame onto the taxpayers for the few gardai taking out mortgages they couldnt afford"

Advertisement