Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Mobile - boards.ie on your portable device

Options

Comments

mick_irl wrote: »
    Just tried that and it works now!

Cheers!

Yeah i dont half think its a pain though
    I only ever use it when trying to get asleep whereas I'd use it a lot more if it worked on the standard BB browser Ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the 6 posts per page seems to be fixed now. Thanks cult

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The old problem of the cursor going off the bottom of the text box and typing blind has crept in again. :(

Nokia Browser on E51.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

jmccrohan wrote: »
    The old problem of the cursor going off the bottom of the text box and typing blind has crept in again. :(

Nokia Browser on E51.

That's a head wrecker all right. What I do is put in a newline from the symbols menu and then leave that as a spare line at the bottom. When you reach the point where you're typing blind again, just tap the directional thingy to the right once and the text should move up.

Nokia Browser on E50.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

javaboy wrote: »
    That's a head wrecker all right. What I do is put in a newline from the symbols menu and then leave that as a spare line at the bottom. When you reach the point where you're typing blind again, just tap the directional thingy to the right once and the text should move up.

Nokia Browser on E50.
    Aye... thats a work around i was using alright.. but we may as look into what is causing it in the first place :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jmccrohan wrote: »

Nokia Browser on E51.

I noticed that recently myself. However, its a lot better if you use the 75% view and happens a little bit later in the textbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Thanks for fixing the number of posts per page cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

It looks like m.boards.ie has been borked by the software upgrade :(.
    Even the old crap mobile style is better than whatever it has currently defaulted to and you need a magnifying glass to read the tiny font.

No doubt it will revert to something useful soon :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

DeepBlue wrote: »
    It looks like m.boards.ie has been borked by the software upgrade :(.
    Even the old crap mobile style is better than whatever it has currently defaulted to and you need a magnifying glass to read the tiny font.

No doubt it will revert to something useful soon :).

Fixed! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I was wondering why I couldn't scroll back to threads older than two months in any of the forums in the mobile skin :confused:.

It seems the recent changes introduced a default setting where only threads from the last two months are listed in any forum.
    The setting can be changed at the top of any forum using the thread filters.

filers.png

However these filters aren't available in the mobile version afaik so if you want to see older threads in the mobile version you have to change the setting in User CP.

i.e. User CP -> Edit Options -> Scroll down to Thread Display Options -> Change Default Thread Cut Off to "Show all threads".

• Advertisement

i'm not totally sure where to report this but anyway:

Sometimes when i click to reply to a post, the post isn't quoted, the text box is blank. The same when i go to edit one of my own.

The reason i'm not sure it should be here is that i think it might have happened once on the full version but it often happens on the mobile one.

Another thing is that it might be a problem with opera mobile (the symbian version of opera mini) because if i go back and tell it to open the reply page in a new window the text is usually there. But then i'm not sure about that because the problem only showed up a while ago when some modifications were done, the same time as the number of posts per page dropped. Maybe it's a bug in opera mobile that's only affected by whatever changes were made

It's all so confusing :pac:

Edit: for example i tried to edit this post and it happened. Opening it in a new window worked fine though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I was using mobile boards earlier and it kept logging me out each time I clicked on the "subbed" menu. I was using a Sony Ericsson W960i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I have a nokia 6300. I used to be able to use the mobile site with it. Now whenever I access it gives an error saying "memory full". Other sites seem to work fine still.

pwd wrote: »
    I have a nokia 6300. I used to be able to use the mobile site with it. Now whenever I access it gives an error saying "memory full". Other sites seem to work fine still.

Are you using opera mini? If not, use opera mini. If so, delete some data from the phone memory

not using opera mini - I use the default browser on the phone. I tried deleting data on the phone and it had no effect.

pwd wrote: »
    not using opera mini - I use the default browser on the phone. I tried deleting data on the phone and it had no effect.

so use opera mini :)

the built in browser on the 6300 is crap

cheers will do. Whenever I put credit in my phone that is

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Any ideas why boards mobile wont work on my blackberry?

I have a Blackberry Bold, using it with O2. All other sites seem to work fine, but m.boards.ie keeps coming back with an error:

It's been throwing back this error for weeks now - any ideas?

Right, I've changed how m.boards.ie is served, should fix this problem. I don't think anything should be *broken* as a result, but do let me know.

It may have fixed some related bugs.

Additionally, while using m.boards.ie, internal boards.ie links in posts will now point to m.boards.ie instead of the full version of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Nerin wrote: »

Any Chance of sorting the sig thing. Like if i have a sig on full boards,but have view sigs off,it (my sig) still shows up for other users. Can something like that be done for mobile. Currently when i post mobile,sig isn't coming up on full boards. Which makes me a sad panda

cough ;)

• Advertisement

@mick_irl, what is the error you get with the blackberry bold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    @mick_irl, what is the error you get with the blackberry bold?
    HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server.

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://m.boards.ie

The following error was encountered:
    Unable to determine IP address from host name for m.boards.ie

The dns server returned:
    Server failure: The name server was unable to process the query

Every other website i've tried to access works fine - only m.boards.ie or www.boards.ie will not work.

Every other website i've tried to access works fine - only m.boards.ie or www.boards.ie will not work.

right so. just thought it might be related to a problem i'm having but it's not. thanks

CuLT wrote: »
    Right, I've changed how m.boards.ie is served, should fix this problem. I don't think anything should be *broken* as a result, but do let me know.

It may have fixed some related bugs.

Still getting the same error message when using Internet Explorer to access http://m.boards.ie

Works fine on Hotspt Browser, but that only works when connected to wi-fi as opposed to 3G.
    :(

Going to download Opera Mini and see how it goes on that.

Ok, would seem to me that the problem is something to do with your 3G configuration, but that you only have a problem with m.boards.ie seems strange.

There's one solution I came across through some Googling, but I have no idea if it even applies to your case. Might give you an idea though (if you haven't tried it already)
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-network/84656-blackberry-browser-problem.html#post752333

Ok, would seem to me that the problem is something to do with your 3G configuration, but that you only have a problem with m.boards.ie seems strange.

There's one solution I came across through some Googling, but I have no idea if it even applies to your case. Might give you an idea though (if you haven't tried it already)
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-network/84656-blackberry-browser-problem.html#post752333

i'd say he would have the problem with more websites but boards is the only one he's found. it doesn't look to me like a problem with boards, seems like a dns issue with his network. the blackberry internet service is different to other phones so it's possible that a dns issue would only affect blackberries

can you connect if you go to 89.234.66.107 in your browser?

It's odd alright. Like I said, every other website I've ever tried to access has worked fine. That goes for mobile versions of websites as well as regular ones.

www.boards.ie and m.boards.ie are the only two ones that seem to time out for me.
    can you connect if you go to 89.234.66.107 in your browser?

It does connect using that IP but doesnt display properly. Plus it takes AGES to load...

It does connect using that IP but doesnt display properly. Plus it takes AGES to load...

it's taking ages because that's the full version of the website. it resolves to the same IP as the mobile one.

try http://89.234.66.107/mobile

since the ip works, the problem is almost certainly with your network, some kind of dns problem that is most likely unique to blackberries.

edit:did you try opera mini?

it's taking ages because that's the full version of the website. it resolves to the same IP as the mobile one.

try http://89.234.66.107/mobile

since the ip works, the problem is almost certainly with your network, some kind of dns problem that is most likely unique to blackberries.

edit:did you try opera mini?

It works fine on Opera Mini, but that browser is a pain in the hole to use.

Not as easy to navigate as the default browser.

• Advertisement

It works fine on Opera Mini, but that browser is a pain in the hole to use.

Not as easy to navigate as the default browser.

opera mini proxies requests through it's own server so that would suggest even more that it's a problem with your network. did you try the link in my post and did it load the mobile skin?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement