Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zeitgeist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The way they do it, the quality of what they do and the cost of doing so...:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Were talking about the venus project

1 - Cost - It is a cashless society
    2 - "The way they do it" - If machines are fixing other machines and running completely independently why would you need to change the way they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

King Mob wrote: »
    Trust me, that film has a lot more problems than that.

Mainly the whole film is a giant non sequiter.

no different than the bible then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

The first section endorses both marxism and and Rothchild manufactured theosaphy and therefore pushes a one world government agenda.

See here for what must have been a major influence for the film´ http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/externalisation/contents.html

And here also fron Theosophist Alice Bailey
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Steps Towards the New World Order
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT] http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/externalisation/exte1082.html

Here is the Lucius Trust, publisherformerly known as the lucifer trust http://www.lucistrust.org/en/arcane_school/talks_and_articles/the_esoteric_meaning_of_lucifer

Then you have New World order advocate Fresco and the venus poject a "veritable blue-print for the genesis of a new world civilization,". A man who thinks thar for humans to survive as a race they will need to become a modified species with machines-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I was unconvinced by the big deal made of these new secure passports. Having worked where they are made, there is little worry about them being used to track your position as the movie inferred. They are high frequency rf transmitters so you need to be very close to the receiver for them to work. I would be interested in getting peoples opinions on the steel girders in the collapsed buildings and the angled "cuts" in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ahh, 911 rule! You are talking about Zeitgeist 1. This is a thread about Attendum, the sequel.

Angled cuts on the steel has been covered in the massive 9/11 thread on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I was unconvinced by the big deal made of these new secure passports. Having worked where they are made, there is little worry about them being used to track your position as the movie inferred. They are high frequency rf transmitters so you need to be very close to the receiver for them to work. I would be interested in getting peoples opinions on the steel girders in the collapsed buildings and the angled "cuts" in them.
    The pictures you see with clean cuts generally were taken during the clean up operation, where they would have cut through the girders.

Ahh, 911 rule! You are talking about Zeitgeist 1. This is a thread about Attendum, the sequel.

Angled cuts on the steel has been covered in the massive 9/11 thread on this forum.

The thread title is "Zeitgeist".

The pictures you see with clean cuts generally were taken during the clean up operation, where they would have cut through the girders.

Ok, that makes sense. Good man thanks! One thing that really annoyed me about the movie was how the government would blow up buildings full of it's own people.

Ok, that makes sense. Good man thanks! One thing that really annoyed me about the movie was how the government would blow up buildings full of it's own people.
    And yet leaves people who "expose" the conspiracy alive?

In truth the entirety of this film is lies on top of lies.
    http://www.conspiracyscience.com/articles/zeitgeist/
    This guy calls the filmmaker on most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

The thread title is "Zeitgeist".

I suppose. Just so you know, im not trying to be a bollocks, the second one is a good watch and dont let me stop you from discussing the first one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Generally? Would have? Are you presenting this theory as fact, if so, then proof please. If not then you once again left out: 'in my opinion'.

Kernel wrote: »
    Generally? Would have? Are you presenting this theory as fact, if so, then proof please. If not then you once again left out: 'in my opinion'.
    Well unless they were letting photographers in immediately after the collapse it's a fair assumption that the photo was taken either during the rescue operation or during the later clean up.

But no I've no verified dates for the pictures. And as far as I know neither do the conspiracy theorists.

I use words like "generally" and "would have" because it's intellectually honest. It means that I might be wrong if you have evidence to say so

Well unless they were letting photographers in immediately after the collapse it's a fair assumption that the photo was taken either during the rescue operation or during the later clean up.

If you assume you make and ass out of 'u' and 'me' mobby.
    But no I've no verified dates for the pictures. And as far as I know neither do the conspiracy theorists.

I use words like "generally" and "would have" because it's intellectually honest. It means that I might be wrong if you have evidence to say so

But you made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you my good man, I've claimed nothing and so I don't have to prove anything.

If you assume you make and ass out of 'u' and 'me' mobby.
    So it's an unfair assumption because.......?
    But you made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you my good man, I've claimed nothing and so I don't have to prove anything.
    Actually I'm refuting the claim that there where cuts in the girders before the cleanup or rescue operation. It's the people who claim that who need to provide evidence that the photos showing the cut girders where taken before the work crew cut them.

Actually I'm refuting the claim that there where cuts in the girders before the cleanup or rescue operation. It's the people who claim that who need to provide evidence that the photos showing the cut girders where taken before the work crew cut them.

Ah now now Mobby, someone asked what the story was with the angled cuts on the girders. They asked an open question. You made a claim, now prove the claim. Evidence. Us conspiracy theorists and truthers want evidence.

Ah now now Mobby, someone asked what the story was with the angled cuts on the girders. They asked an open question. You made a claim, now prove the claim.
    Still can't find a date for the most referenced picture, either for or against the conspiracy. But here's a good bit of evidence on the whole girder issue.
    http://www.debunking911.com/thermite.htm

Evidence. Us conspiracy theorists and truthers want evidence.

First time for everything I suppose.

Still can't find a date for the most referenced picture, either for or against the conspiracy. But here's a good bit of evidence on the whole girder issue.
    http://www.debunking911.com/thermite.htm

I've read that before. Of course, it's a biased site and not independent by any means. But where is the definitive evidence on the site?
    That cut could have been done at any time during the clean up and recovery. Lets not forget the building went down some 6 stories underground. The firemen were recovering bodies mainly from the core and some were in the lobby when it happened. So it's not unreasonable to expect firemen there well after the event. Long enough for an ironworker to cut the column.

All I see here is supposition and opinion?

I've read that before. Of course, it's a biased site and not independent by any means. But where is the definitive evidence on the site?
    Most of their references are right there in blue.
    All I see here is supposition and opinion?
    Yea that's fairly clear. It offers a better explanation than pre-cut girders.
    And it's wrong because.....?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

and its Right because??????????????????????

seriously man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

It's not 'wrong' per se, it's just symmetrical with the rhetorics of CT that thou and Diogenes tend to criticise; hence Kernels use of bold.

That the world could be ruled by anarchocapitalist Semitic Lizards wearing Prada icon_notequal.gif proof, evidence, etc etc. 'Not unreasonable' is another dependable device...nice looping double negative without substantive content, I mean, can't we just be reasonable, unlike those unreasonable people...

Shibboleths ain't just for Christmas...

• Advertisement

and its Right because??????????????????????

seriously man

Why would they need to cut girders before hand? How did they do it with noone seeing? Cutting through several large steel girders in a busy office would be quite noticeable? Since it's a fair bet that Bush and Cheney don't do alot of steel work so contractors would have to do it. How come none have come forward?

Occam's razor.
    You have to assume alot to make the evidence fit into the conspiracy.
    All you have to assume for the other side is that a CT took something out of context. Not exactly a leap of faith.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

once you start making assumptions you have lost your high ground of righteousness, so what makes your assumptions any beter than ours

your Occams razor only works if you are in possesion of all the facts, which clearly you are not, so again what makes your assumptions logial and correct and ours baseless speculation.

Urge to use a recently banned word rising ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

once you start making assumptions you have lost your high ground of righteousness, so what makes your assumptions any beter than ours

your Occams razor only works if you are in possesion of all the facts, which clearly you are not, so again what makes your assumptions logial and correct and ours baseless speculation.

This is completely flawed. Just entirely.

From the top:
    There's an assumption that the sun will rise tomorrow, and there's an assumption that it won't. Can you see the distinction in the acceptability of these?
    your Occams razor only works if you are in possesion of all the facts
    Wrong. Oftentimes there are no facts, but the truth always exists. Moreover, Ockham's razor requires assumptions.
    again what makes your assumptions logial and correct and ours baseless speculation.
    You're completely missing the logic of Ockham if that's your argument. The difference between "logical and correct" and "baseless speculation" is much like "right" and "wrong". Ockham stated that the theory most likely to be "right" is that with the fewest assumptions. What makes assumptions correct are whether they are true -- a universal constant -- or not.
    Is that a round-about way of insulting someone?

Because mine's a much smaller one and much more likely.
    Also the other gaping holes in the conspiracy theory.

Also occams razor does work if you don't have all the facts. When you have two explanations, the one with the least assumptions is most likely the better explanations.

Basically the photos of "cut" girders don't actually prove anything either way.
    The suggestion that the photo was taken later than conspiracy theorists claim offers a different explanation. However because there is no date for the photo in question it is in no way proof of a controlled demolition. Nor is is proof against.

Kama wrote: »
    It's not 'wrong' per se, it's just symmetrical with the rhetorics of CT that thou and Diogenes tend to criticise; hence Kernels use of bold.

That the world could be ruled by anarchocapitalist Semitic Lizards wearing Prada icon_notequal.gif proof, evidence, etc etc. 'Not unreasonable' is another dependable device...nice looping double negative without substantive content, I mean, can't we just be reasonable, unlike those unreasonable people...

Shibboleths ain't just for Christmas...
    Reasonably is fairly easy to judge. Useing language like this is just intellectually honest. It allows for you to be wrong.

Do you believe it unreasonable to expect firemen there well after the event, long enough for an ironworker to cut the column?If so why?

This isn't an assumption by the way they do have dated pictures of firemen being at the clean up site in October and November.

And way to go against the exact same rule you banned someone for not 5 hours ago. Well done.

Most of their references are right there in blue.

Yea that's fairly clear. It offers a better explanation than pre-cut girders.
    And it's wrong because.....?

You made the the claim, ergo the burden of proof lies with you. You haven't proved anything, so until you do, stop claiming it as fact. Thanks.

You made the the claim, ergo the burden of proof lies with you. You haven't proved anything, so until you do, stop claiming it as fact. Thanks.
    See this is why I tend to use words like "probably".
    Allow me to clarify.

CTers claim that this picture is proof that the girders where cut before the collapse.
    They claim that this picture was taken before the clean up operation due to the presence of the firefighters. Reason that they would not be there after the rescue operation.
    However there are dated photos of the site with firefighters present into October and November. This is also backed up by other evidence provided in the link I gave.
    Therefore that picture could have been taken at any time during the clean up. Thus it is not proof of the girders being cut before hand unless a date for that photo or another dated photo show otherwise.
    This on top of the other problems for the theory about the girder being cut beforehand lead me to the conclusion that they weren't.
    Perhaps you can find a flaw in my logic?

So how come I'm the only one you press evidence?

So how come I'm the only one you press evidence?

I don't see any evidence, are you trying to dodge the inevitable here? There was no definitive evidence on your link that those support beams were cut by blowtorches, as you claim.

To answer you question, I press you for evidence because you are very vocal about the need for evidence in order to post in the conspiract theories forum. So, I'd like you to apply the same yardstick to your own posts. Otherwise it's a double standard on your part, no?

• Advertisement

I don't see any evidence, are you trying to dodge the inevitable here? There was no definitive evidence on your link that those support beams were cut by blowtorches, as you claim.
    Yea there is some pretty definite evidence on that site showing it was cut. Difference is it makes the argument that this was done during the clean up not, as the CTers claim, before the attack.

So no you can't fault my logic?
    To answer you question, I press you for evidence because you are very vocal about the need for evidence in order to post in the conspiract theories forum. So, I'd like you to apply the same yardstick to your own posts. Otherwise it's a double standard on your part, no?
    And I have no problem backing up my stuff, because I can.
    So how come you don't ask other people?

Advertisement