Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Asked to produce / refused to look at cert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

JD1763 wrote: »
    My brother is a young driver with a skyline -yes it's a modded 'boy racer' car etc so not surprisingly he gets pulled alot. Same routine you got, one checks docs the other does the walk around looking for anything not street legal. He carries all his docs in the car so he can produce on the spot. Each time its been checked there and then and he's been let go on his way. So sounds like you were just unlucky.

The Gardai really need to look at their enforcement policy simply pulling cars that have exterior mods is a ridiculous process and the continual harassment and bad attitude adopted towards drivers of mod'd cars shouldn't be allowed. Fair enough if they're doing something illegal -speeding, dangerous driving, etc - enforce the law. But continuous pulling when no offence has been committed and someone is just driving home is frustrating and alienates the responsible drivers in the community -yes they do exist same as the complete morons that drive standard cars also exist.

My car is a standard Mazda RX-8

so i really don't know why he was choosing to give me grief! ... If i had something like a Skyline or Impreza, id be like fair enough these cars have a "rep" and i'd accept it I suppose.

Heres another good bit ...

I parked my car and went into the building etc.... about 30 mins later I went out for a cigarette and I could see the same two guards hassling Taxi drivers parked in a taxi rank across the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

pipsqueak wrote: »
    You dont need the cert in your car. The day of taking insurance details on the side of the road is gone, you have to produce so when u give your details at the station and your insurance policy number comes up it can be flagged as being valid or invalid or whatever. The gardai dont have remote pulse machines on roadside. so by him saying "i dont have a computer" he was correct.

Well then what is the point of having guards like this on the road?? He doesnt have a pulse computer, yet he decided to pull car over. Whats the point?! Also as the op said, the guard asked the DRIVER if his exhaust was illegal! WTF?! No excuse for attitude like that, as for chicago cops, irrelevant, this is ireland. Nice to be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

Since when does PULSE have a link to the insurance companies database???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

2 points i have, dont bite my head off.

Asking if the exhaust was legal? By this he probably meant standard for your rx-8. Changing any exhaust from the standard one supplied in the factory is illegal. He had probably never seen a rx-8 exhaust before.

With regard to your insurance certificate.
    You say it was at night, There are many different types of insurance certificate out there with different water marks and designs on them. Trying to tell a fake one from a real one at night could be a problem.

Hence why he may have asked for you to produce yours at a "bright" garda station where the garda at the hatch can examine the cert in detail.

Also from all the details thats inputted from the cert gardai can ring insurance companies and enquire about any limits on the policy or non declared mods etc on the car.

Just a thought............or maybe he was having a bad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Since when does PULSE have a link to the insurance companies database???

eh 11th nov U didnt get the memo??release 3.8 , on trial dmr sc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

As you say they pulled you in checked the car, did they give a reason as to why they pulled you in? There is no point in keeping the cert in the car as they will never look at them there and will always ask to be produced. Sounds like he did have a poor attitude and that you gave a small bit back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Chief--- wrote: »
    Asking if the exhaust was legal? By this he probably meant standard for your rx-8. Changing any exhaust from the standard one supplied in the factory is illegal. He had probably never seen a rx-8 exhaust before.

In all fairness if that was the case there would be no spurious suppliers of exhausts in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

C_Breeze wrote: »
    My car is a standard Mazda RX-8

Maybe he thought it looked modified - they are a nice car even the standard kit :) .

As an aside saw a lovely veilside (i think it was veilside) kit for the RX8, absolutely fantastic looking - almost made me want to buy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

eh 11th nov U didnt get the memo??release 3.8 , on trial dmr sc
    May I ask are you a Garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

make a complaint, then after hunt him down, take his house, kids, leave him homeless, happy then? wa***R!!!
    its called getting muppet boy racers off the road get used to it!!

looks to me like you would take the garda's side even if he dragged him out of the car and beat the shyte out of him :rolleyes:.

its actually possible to meet a muppet in any profession because we're all human you know ;).

IMO, he saw an RX-8, (nice car BTW OP :D) and was jealous so he decided to throw his weight around a bit cos he was having a bad day.

i have driven fiestas and now a focus and looking at the discs on the windscreen is always enough in a regular car :confused: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    May I ask are you a Garda?

not as such , but do a lot tech support for various publuc sectors agiencies

jonny24ie wrote: »
    In all fairness if that was the case there would be no spurious suppliers of exhausts in the country.

The law is used only against boy racers...or, sorry "modified enthusiasts" who insist on putting sh1tbox bore exhausts on their car that keep alot of people awake at night in built up areas.

agencies sic:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭legalbird12

I love christmas so so much because I get to see teh guards freezing their as*s off standign at junctions all over Dublin.

I may sound crazy but it gives me alot of satisfaction. The majority of guards are genuine nice people but there are a few bad apples, rude bad apples.

Does anyone else feel this satisfaction of seeing them standing in the one spot for a few hours?

I love christmas so so much because I get to see teh guards freezing their as*s off standign at junctions all over Dublin.

I may sound crazy but it gives me alot of satisfaction. The majority of guards are genuine nice people but there are a few bad apples, rude bad apples.

Does anyone else feel this satisfaction of seeing them standing in the one spot for a few hours?

All these gardai are on freeflow have just been attested from the college.

Trust me they are way happier to have to stand on junctions for a few weeks than spend anymore time completing their degree in the garda college.

and im sure they are getting well paid for it too!!!

not as such , but do a lot tech support for various publuc sectors agiencies
    'Not as such'?:D You sure wish you were, though, don't you? Here's another nugget of yours:
    You were pulled in for a reason ok? The reason was prob this... you were driving around with a mate or two on board right? prob a tad over the limit teeny weeny bit? search conducted sec 23 mda act 77, neg result, took details, asked u to produce docs and licence.?? Just produce ur docs tomorrow, end of story it was a stop & search
    happens 1000 times a day , forget about it cos he has!
    Add this in to your earlier post:
    Listen bud, This guy stopped you looked around your car, asked you to produce in 10 days, you got all snotty as you obviously have a healthy disrespect for the law. Did you expect him to give you a big hug and say merry xmas? i worked in us since 02 and u think oirish cops give you grief? try chicago cops!!! and making spurious vexatious claims against an officer over there will get you in a sh*t load more trouble than over here!
    Just say yes sir no sir ill produce thanks and goodbye, keep your mouth shut and being polite means keeping quiet!!
    and I think we can all see what you really are.;)

and im sure they are getting well paid for it too!!!

So!!! You can get well paid for doing much easier professions. Professions where you actually use your head and dont have to work nights.

D_murph wrote: »
    looks to me like you would take the garda's side even if he dragged him out of the car and beat the shyte out of him :rolleyes:.

its actually possible to meet a muppet in any profession because we're all human you know ;).

IMO, he saw an RX-8, (nice car BTW OP :D) and was jealous so he decided to throw his weight around a bit cos he was having a bad day.

i have driven fiestas and now a focus and looking at the discs on the windscreen is always enough in a regular car :confused: :rolleyes:

Garda was jealous of this????mmmm doubt it s800px-Mazda_RX8.jpgomehow!!!

You think the majority are genuine nice people but you enjoy seeing them cold? You do sound crazy.

• Advertisement

You think the majority are genuine nice people but you enjoy seeing them cold? You do sound crazy.

Well if the nice ones do me a favour and weed the bad apples out. I will refrain from feeling my satisfaction.

Well if the nice ones do me a favour and weed the bad apples out. I will refrain from feeling my satisfaction.
    Still sounding crazy, i'm afraid.

Garda was jealous of this????mmmm doubt it s800px-Mazda_RX8.jpgomehow!!!

mmmm, i suppose you know what that garda drives since you're his buddy and defending him on here and all ;).

i wouldn't mind to have one of them myself but i guess its a matter of taste...

it seems that anything that stands out from the regular will entice some kind of harassment from power trippers like that :rolleyes:. the OPs car is stock also according to him.

D_murph wrote: »
    mmmm, i suppose you know what that garda drives since you're his buddy and defending him on here and all ;).

i wouldn't mind to have one of them myself but i guess its a matter of taste...

it seems that anything that stands out from the regular will entice some kind of harassment from power trippers like that :rolleyes:. the OPs car is stock also according to him.

yup all cops are on a power trip!! the hang em and flog em brigade are out in full force today, especially with all the strange winking and nodding coming from some strange posters!! must be the silly season

yup all cops are on a power trip!! the hang em and flog em brigade are out in full force today, especially with all the strange winking and nodding coming from some strange posters!! must be the silly season
    Not all cops - just the odd bad apple and you.

Not all cops - just the odd bad apple and you.

oooh touched a nerve there have we!!!!

oooh touched a nerve there have we!!!!
    Nah, i'm still laughing and you're still not a Garda. 'As such'.:D

Just because someone has an insight into garda ops from a distance doesnt automatically make them a garda! you really shouldnt belive everything u read!!! tsk tsk:D

i didnt say they were all power trippers :rolleyes:

as far as silly season goes, thats what i thought when i saw your posts on here about someone being harassed for doing nothing wrong. so you advocate this kind of behaviour do you :eek:? good man!!!

its silly season on here all year anyway. no matter what the OP in a lot of these threads says, theres always the likes of you that are poised at the keyboard to jump on them at first sight. even when they admit they were in the wrong, are willing to accept the consequences but just want to ask a question regarding what to expect in fines/points etc.

i can imagine if the same story was being told by one of your mates in the pub etc, you would believe it but its all too easy to bash someone from behind the safety of a fibre-optic line these days :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Probably in the reserves...:p

Advertisement