Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

You know killarneys christmas decorations are always second to none but seriously. what is up with that blue christmas tree on the bypass road. It makes me bloody angry to look at the thing.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Price of a Pint

Oliverdog wrote: »
    There was a story in Killorglin about a roofer who came down his ladder after replacing a few slates above a shop, to find one of these tied to his ladder. The woman had just popped in to the shop. :eek:

Listowel upper william st.
    Great photo!
    A story on donkey and carts.
    Some years ago Listowel went to a one way traffic system. An old woman with her donkey and cart used to come to town every day with her milk churn on the donkey cart. While coming into town was no problem as the donkey had traipsed in for years, it was returning home was the problem.The donkey wanted to go back the same way, the one way system did not deter the donkey from his old and practiced habits. A garda on duty saw this donkey and cart( with her ladyship on board with a few brandy's to boot) going against the traffic flow.
    Onlookers who witnessed the encounter said the garda who was asking the woman why she was not obeying the new traffic flow.
    He answer was " don't mind asking me ask the F***ing ass !!
    True story.
    Needless to say a new ass was bought soon after as the original one could not, or would not, follow the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

great to have a killarney thread.Originall from killarney.
    Been in clare since May but go home alot.was down the weekend and the lights look good.I see they have the skating on Ice back.
    Was a farce last year having some sort of plastic stuff instead of the ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

You know killarneys christmas decorations are always second to none but seriously. what is up with that blue christmas tree on the bypass road. It makes me bloody angry to look at the thing.:mad:

But it will go on 12th night - the Reeks Gateway is there for ever :eek:

But it will go on 12th night - the Reeks Gateway is there for ever :eek:

:confused: Was?

• Advertisement

I meant the new building

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It's a bit of an eyesore alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

oeb wrote: »
    It's a bit of an eyesore alright.
    Its not too bad,maybe a little bit overly modern,but not the worst building around.

I meant the new building

Ah my bad. Yeh far from being one of the niecest buildings around killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

So whos painting all the mice around the town??I kinda like them,but im syre some of the locals dont.

• Advertisement

So whos painting all the mice around the town??I kinda like them,but im syre some of the locals dont.

ha saw em today :D . i was very confused by em but they are class. it could be some sort of tresure hunt someone is setting up:P

They look like the work of the famous english artist Banksy

Just to add: I think it is unlikley that Banksy actually did them, but they are of the same style.

Blue Christmas tree, and now this ....
    According to the local news they're rats, and stencilled.
    This may be the work of aliens.

Blue Christmas tree, and now this ....
    According to the local news they're rats, and stencilled.
    This may be the work of aliens.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/arts/pied-piper-artist-leaves-trail-of-rat-paintings-in-town-1568823.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Orna

you will prob get a better response on discussions on Facebook..in the following groups to begin with "Killarney People" and "Killarney Party people hangout" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

i love killarney, going down for new years...

any ideas for what to do when we're down there especially for new years eve?

Orna wrote: »
    you will prob get a better response on discussions on Facebook..in the following groups to begin with "Killarney People" and "Killarney Party people hangout" :cool:

Is this who I think it is? Used to own a skater type clothes shop in town? Nick used work out the back?

i love killarney, going down for new years...

any ideas for what to do when we're down there especially for new years eve?

Heya Laurs,
    Everywhere will be mobbed, and most places will be charging an arm and a leg getting in the door. Is there many of ye coming down? What kinda thing are ye looking for? Late bar? Night Club? What kinda age group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

So what's yer favourite pubs on a night out?

For me it's gotta be Courtneys followed by the 98 bar and The Granary. The Grand is aight too for a laugh.
    Sometimes go to MacSorleys at around 2am just to make it for the lock in. Crazy bastids.

So what's yer favourite pubs on a night out?

For me it's gotta be Courtneys followed by the 98 bar and The Granary. The Grand is aight too for a laugh.
    Sometimes go to MacSorleys at around 2am just to make it for the lock in. Crazy bastids.

I could end up anywhere. This Saturday I was in maybe 7 pubs, then all 4 nightclubs at some stage.

• Advertisement

O connors cos its kinda been the family pub :)
    Oh but Mcsorleys for the lock in. I ended up in there with party boy from Jackass one night.he isnt as fun as youd think :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Bridewell Road

Just logged again and got a kick out of the photo posted by overexcited.Let me tell you that there are still a lot of similiar donkeys in Listowel!!! There are no less than three NO ENTRY signs leading into a certain small street here and either these donkeys can't read or they're direct descendants of the old lady's donkey I'm not sure.:Dbut they continue to drive into that street every day.Eat your heart out RSA!!

Just logged again and got a kick out of the photo posted by overexcited.Let me tell you that there are still a lot of similiar donkeys in Listowel!!! There are no less than three NO ENTRY signs leading into a certain small street here and either these donkeys can't read or they're direct descendants of the old lady's donkey I'm not sure.:Dbut they continue to drive into that street every day.Eat your heart out RSA!!

You let donkeys drive in Listowel? :eek:

And the dubs call US culchies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

If we were to link in all the extra threads on killarney would we have sufficient grounds I wonder to "Sticky" the Killarney Thread ? New threads on the town are being opened but I wonder would it be better on the one thread and then 'Sticky' the thread ?

Any opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

have to agree with u about one big thread for killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Just heard that the Quality Inn has just closed. Anyone affected by it:eek:

newman10 wrote: »

Aye, a good friend of mine lost her job yesterday. Poor thing is really pissed off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

newman10 wrote: »

Is that the hotel near the Cork roundabout near Supervalue or the one near the Tralee roundabout near Lidl ?.
    Did this happen suddenly or was the writing on the cards for a while ?.
    TBH either one of them never impressed me for a Sunday lunch.

dh0661 wrote: »
    Is that the hotel near the Cork roundabout near Supervalue or the one near the Tralee roundabout near Lidl ?.
    Did this happen suddenly or was the writing on the cards for a while ?.
    TBH either one of them never impressed me for a Sunday lunch.
    The one on the cork road roundabout. It was pretty sudden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Ah be fair, they got 5 hours notice that there was a meeting with Frankie Whelan, then it was confirmed. 3 o clock tomorrow all doors locked.
    It will open again in a few months under a different name but because of the "liquidation" there is no guarntee of redundency, severance pay or holidays owed.

Advertisement