Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

personality is better than looks. Im lucky cos my lack has the best personality ever and is gorgeous.we have all met grand looking ones who are complete doses and ugly ones who are sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

each to their own......

some people like pepsi and some like coke, it doesn't mean one is necessarily better that the other, its personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

chern0byl wrote: »
    I always thought you did an ugly one just for the good story. Ugly girls are generally so unloved and untouched they can be made to do anything really in a desperate desire to hold to you...you can pretty much do the same to really good looking ones[insecure] by making some comments about whatever part of their body they feel really self conscience about...make em feel ugly and they also do anything.

ouch.
    Tha Gopher wrote: »
    I dunno. We were talking about the Euromillions in the run up to the draw your one from Limerick won, we were saying what we would do if we won the cash. . . . Admittedtly if I won it Id be cheating 24/7 on my girlfriend, but at the same time it wouldnt necessarily mean I didnt love her. If a few million quid makes you say fairwell to your woman I really dont think its a solid relationship.

OUCH.

I met this ugly guy years ago (who was somewhat annoying). He kept bugging me, and we eventually got to be friends. Then I found him funny and we ended up going out for a bit. Sometimes the looks put you off at first, but the whole package becomes more attractive over time.

Also, I'm glad people have pointed out the differences between fat and ugly. There are a lot of beautiful heavy women and a lot of ugly skinny b*tches out there . . .
    slideways wrote: »
    Yer wan whos mother and bro were shot... actress or singer in US

She a plumper... but i still wood! (geddit?)

That's Jennifer Hudson. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

im not gonna bother reading any of this thread and only read half of the OPs post but i whole-hartedly agree!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Well ugliness like beauty is in the eye of the beholder but ugly men/ women ( so called ) are to be seen with gorgeous men / women on there arms all the time , so it cant all be about good looks .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

SeekUp wrote: »
    Also, I'm glad people have pointed out the differences between fat and ugly. There are a lot of beautiful heavy women and a lot of ugly skinny b*tches out there . . .
    Interesting that heavy and woman go together, but skinny and b*tches go together as well. Or maybe not....:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Just something Im wondering, but what makes a guy go out with a really really ugly bird? I dont mean one just a bit plain or with nothin about her, I mean REALLY bad.

Maybe she gives great head!!!

And as most men are lost in the bedroom IMO what makes a good lookin girl go out with a bloke that resembles a hens arse hole??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Acacia wrote: »
    That link won't open for me. I think Nigella Lawson is size 16 and she's a MILF. In any case, it's insulting to say fat=ugly. Just because somebody doesn't fit the norm of what is considered beautiful , it doesn't mean they any less deserving of a relationship than somebody who is considered beautiful, like OP suggests.
    Nigella couldn't be size 16.
    12 to 14 at most. The camera definitely adds lbs. She's certainly curvy, but not fat.
    Fat is unattractive to a lot of people and it's not cruel of them to feel this way or say it.
    It's cruel to bully/ostracise people if they are fat though, but the above is not the same as bullying.
    People can't be blamed for how they feel if they consider certain people ugly-looking either. There are very few really ugly people though and people have different "standards". That's their business... can't understand how it would bother others.
    A girl might not be a beauty but she may have other attractive qualities. Say I'm naive or idealistic or whatever, but it's surely the case if she has a boyfriend.
    I know the OP mentions really good looking guys going out with "munters" but I doubt that's very common.
    I have to say I don't understand people not making the best of themselves/letting themselves go but that's also their business.
    And I do know of girls who don't bother with their appearance and manage to pull, but the guy is usually just laughing at them and wouldn't bother with anything more than shagging them. If those girls made more of themselves they'd probably be respected more. It's not superficial to say that: looking after yourself is often a sign of confidence and self respect, it's not just about wanting to look pretty (I know though, there are girls who spend three hours getting ready in order to cover up their insecurities - tis a complex subject).
    Ass Face wrote: »
    I wouldn't even give an ugly person the time of day.
    Including ugly men? Or ugly attached women? You'd ignore them if they asked you for the time of day? Aw... that's mean, you big meanie.
    I always thought you did an ugly one just for the good story. Ugly girls are generally so unloved and untouched they can be made to do anything really in a desperate desire to hold to you...you can pretty much do the same to really good looking ones[insecure] by making some comments about whatever part of their body they feel really self conscience about...make em feel ugly and they also do anything.
    This person hasn't posted in over two years... hopefully it's cuz they're banned.

Dudess wrote: »
    I have to say I don't understand people not making the best of themselves/letting themselves go but that's also their business.
    And I do know of girls who don't bother with their appearance and manage to pull, but the guy is usually just laughing at them and wouldn't bother with anything more than shagging them. If those girls made more of themselves they'd probably be respected more. It's not superficial to say that: looking after yourself is often a sign of confidence and self respect, it's not just about wanting to look pretty (I know though, there are girls who spend three hours getting ready in order to cover up their insecurities - tis a complex subject).

I can't even articulate how UURRGAGHHAWWUURRGGHH that post makes me feel.

I'm a happy clot. I have health self esteem and I certainly don't lack confidence or self respect.
    I couldn't give a flying fanny **** what anyone thinks of my appearance, because I don't sum people up on that basis.
    If someone decrees that I should brush my hair or shave my legs before I stand a chance of earning their respect, they are welcome to hold it and snigger away.
    Because what is that kind of respect worth?

Sorry Moonbaby, I meant in general. And I did say there are people who pour nearly all their energy into looking good and have no confidence or self respect.

I'm not denying there are girls like you who aren't interested in their appearance and still have plenty of confidence and self respect... but from what I've observed, they're few and far between. I can think of two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

As the saying goes

A hole's a goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moonbaby wrote: »
    If someone decrees that I should brush my hair or shave my legs before I stand a chance of earning their respect, they are welcome to hold it and snigger away.

You don't shave your legs?! eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've no need to apologise.....I think I am the general case.
    We don't have a culture of being bothered by physical appearances in Ireland traditionally. I'd say alot of those unkempt types have similar motivations to mine.

It is the idea that it is in anyway ok to disrespect people, for the way they look that gets to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It is the idea that it is in anyway ok to disrespect people, for the way they look that gets to me.

7 words.
    Old dood.
    Nazi uniform.
    Jewish retirement home.

I agree. The way lots of people on After Hours think it's ok to bully/ostracise overweight people is sickening.
    The way Ass Face (if not trolling) says he wouldn't speak to ugly people.

I'm far more disturbed by ugly personalities/attitudes like that than ugly appearances...

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    You don't shave your legs?! eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If beautiful golden silky leg tressels makes you euwww how are you going to eat 70 year old childbearing mangled minge?

Kinetic your not my one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Nigella couldn't be size 16.
    12 to 14 at most. The camera definitely adds lbs. She's certainly curvy, but not fat.
    Fat is unattractive to a lot of people and it's not cruel of them to feel this way or say it.
    It's cruel to bully/ostracise people if they are fat though, but the above is not the same as bullying.
    People can't be blamed for how they feel if they consider certain people ugly-looking either. There are very few really ugly people though and people have different "standards". That's their business... can't understand how it would bother others.
    A girl might not be a beauty but she may have other attractive qualities. Say I'm naive or idealistic or whatever, but it's surely the case if she has a boyfriend.
    I know the OP mentions really good looking guys going out with "munters" but I doubt that's very common.

I did read somewhere that Nigella was a size 16. Xavi6 asked for a woman who was 'fat and beautiful' - I gave Marilyn Monroe and Nigella as examples of women who are considered 'fat' by some and are still beautiful.

I agree that everyone has different standards and an 'ugly' woman can be beautiful to some people, and vice versa.

I know some people find fat people unattractive, I just thought it was uncalled for to essentially say 'fat=ugly', tbh.

My problem is with the OP ( and some of the other posters) here expressing disbelief that a 'munter' could get a boyfriend.

You're right- it's a complex subject. I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time putting on make-up or whatever, but it doesn't mean I have low self esteem. The type of men you describe - i.e. the ones who will have sex with girls who don't put in effort with their appearance and laugh at them- are not the type of men I'd be particularly interested in anyway.

If beautiful golden silky leg tressels makes you euwww how are you going to eat 70 year old childbearing mangled minge?

I'm not, it's called upgrading!!
    Kinetic your not my one!

Oh noes!

I did read somewhere that Nigella was a size 16. Xavi6 asked for a woman who was 'fat and beautiful' - I gave Marilyn Monroe and Nigella as examples of women who are considered 'fat' by some and are still beautiful.
    It's an urban myth Marilyn was size 16 - she owned a size 16 dress and that sparked the myth.
    I really doubt Nigella is a size 16 all over - I wouldn't be surprised if she had to get certain tops in a (small) size 16 due to her huge boobs, but it's probably something like that which leads to claims she's a size 16 in general.
    Maybe some people consider Nigella fat - I think it's wrong to say someone's "fat" though if they're bigger than what you find attractive. Fat means unhealthy, lard spilling out... not curvy.

I'm not, it's called upgrading!!

Oh noes!

*Wonders how desperate randy old coots will be in her old age*

At least we are all ugly past 45.

• Advertisement

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000093/
    Only about seven weeks left... :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Normally I'd be all over threads about not liking fatties and ugmos but this one just does not deliver.

Maybe there's just been too many of them recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Maybe you will be...

I'm class because I'll have my youth and looks forever. :D :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    You think Im bad, my mother and granny are the biggest critics of munters I ever heard in my life :D

Wow, maybe that's why you're so screwed.....

Oh what a lovely person you are.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000093/
    Only about seven weeks left... :(

I had thought he was starting to go seriously downhill in the latest movie trailer alright. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There's a difference between sizes and fat, no one would ever have called Monroe fat.

Jo Brand is a fat ugly bìtch. Everyone follow what we're going for here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

you know someone has made a good point when there are tons of detractors throwing abuse at him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Fat people mostly look alike, your facial appearance is governed by the underlying bonestructure, but if you pile on the pounds what you should really look like is lost as the fat buildup around your face causes loss of tone, you just become a big mass of fat with eyes and a nose, sad but true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jo Brand is a fat ugly bìtch.

I'd add not funny and ancient to that.
    I count myself lucky to be so blessed with good looks. It helps no end when chatting up the few attractive girls that frequent Irish nightclubs. I feel bad for the munters, especially the gingers, but at least they're in a country where people get locked beyond belief on a regular basis, thus at least giving them the chance to pounce.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement